Root options for VZW GS5

Search This thread

J.Guido85

Mar 23, 2011
Buffalo
With so many threads and models and root methods, Its a little confusing. I was wondering what is the most popular/easy way to root the GSm on VZW?

Thanks

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

shoresteve626

Aug 20, 2010
Towelroot is the ONLY method to root the Vzw variant of the S5... Also, if you go to Geohots thread under general you'll see a link for the download. I never randomly download drop box links when the Dev posts their own link.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

kprice8

Apr 23, 2014
Lansing MI
Towelroot is the ONLY method to root the Vzw variant of the S5... Also, if you go to Geohots thread under general you'll see a link for the download. I never randomly download drop box links when the Dev posts their own link.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Believe I posted this already, and the link GeoHot provided only lets you DL v1, not v3 like is needed.

kprice8

Apr 23, 2014
Lansing MI
I saw your post, but forgive me if I don't trust your link 100%. I've been told to always dl links from the dev and not random drop box links.

Well the Dev is now working for Google. He's not going to have the link posted anymore. You have to get it from 3rd parties now... Good luck.

kprice8

Apr 23, 2014
Lansing MI
Ok, I will use your link. To clarify, the link you posted is v3 that should work on the VZW s5?

Thanks for all your help.

v3 should work yes, it is the last version he released. It can also be used for other kinds of phones to try and root them. make a copy of the .apk and keep it safe somewhere, just in case.

Reactions: J.Guido85

Top Liked Posts