is Xposed modules safe to install?

Search This thread

skyhonor

Jun 24, 2013
Hello,

I would like to know if Xposed is safe to use on 33R? Also what are some modules you use? Some suggestions would be great! Thank you.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
It's perfectly safe. There are countless modules available, but only some will be compatible. The modules I use are:

Greenify
To stop apps from running in the background.

Network Speed Indicator
To see my network traffic in the status bar.

Crappalinks
To stop Tapatalk from keeping track of links I click.

Transmitted via Bacon

skyhonor

Jun 24, 2013
It's perfectly safe. There are countless modules available, but only some will be compatible. The modules I use are:

Greenify

Network Speed Indicator

Crappalinks

Transmitted via Bacon

Thank you for the swift reply! I would like to know if Xposed would conflict with franco.kernel or kernels in general. I am still new to this as this is my first android device. Thank you for your kind patience.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Xposed shouldn't conflict with kernels at all. The only conflict you'll face is Xposed vs ART, it just won't work. I'm pretty sure all ROMs are using the Dalvik runtime out of the box though so unless you've gone into Developer Options and changed it you'll be a-ok.

Transmitted via Bacon

Reactions: skyhonor

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Been using xposed for a number of months I can't say I've run into any issues. There are a number of modules to use.

Sent from my One

skyhonor

Jun 24, 2013
Hi I would like to know if there are modules for: What are the names?

1. that turns off wifi when not in range? And turns it back on when it is in range?

2. to block youtube ads?

3. switches from data plan internet when not at home? and turns off data plan when at home?

4. multi-tasking feature? like on the note 3 (split screen)

5. multi-tasking feature such as mini video player? (like in the youtube app, but have it running at all times)/play a recorded video and facebook at the same time. Also can it set as a gesture, to turn a video into a mini video player?

Just a FYI, I had these features on my jailbroken iPhone 4. I really want them on my android device too. If someone has discovered these, please do tell. Thank you in advanced.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro

1. that turns off wifi when not in range? And turns it back on when it is in range?

2. to block youtube ads?

3. switches from data plan internet when not at home? and turns off data plan when at home?

5. multi-tasking feature such as mini video player? (like in the youtube app, but have it running at all times)/play a recorded video and facebook at the same time. Also can it set as a gesture, to turn a video into a mini video player?

Just a FYI, I had these features on my jailbroken iPhone 4. I really want them on my android device too. If someone has discovered these, please do tell. Thank you in advanced.

Your best bet is to have a look through the Xposed repository to find what you're looking for. I have a question though, your first proposal, I can see how WiFi could be switched off when you're out of range of your router, but how on earth is it going to know when it's back in range if it's been turned off? It can't detect WiFi networks if it's off.

Transmitted via Bacon

skyhonor

Jun 24, 2013
Your best bet is to have a look through the Xposed repository to find what you're looking for. I have a question though, your first proposal, I can see how WiFi could be switched off when you're out of range of your router, but how on earth is it going to know when it's back in range if it's been turned off? It can't detect WiFi networks if it's off.

Transmitted via Bacon

Yes that bit I made up, just to see if it was possible. Sorry for the confusion.

ondoy1943

Jun 21, 2011
there's an xposed module named "youtube adaway" that is supposed to get rid of adverts. i have not installed it though, but you can try.

NaterTots

Feb 7, 2012
CT
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 7T

Transmitted via Bacon

Just curious, but if your Wi-Fi is set to always scan, as it is out of the box, maybe it would detect your network when it came in range?

Totally spit balling here. I don't use xposed and turn off always scanning myself.

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida

2. to block youtube ads?

1,3 Llama Location Profile

DuckMcQUack

Jul 1, 2013
Rome
Most of your needs are covered by tasker. Ie you can set your phone to turn off data and turn on wifi when the modem detects the antenna cells that work in your house...ez peasy

It's an app from play store

Sent from my Oneplus One

splokow

Jan 13, 2013
No problems when activating Xposed Modules on my 1+1, with PA 4.45 !
X MoreTimeText is my favorite, instead of GravityBox (if you don't want all the others settings !)

#StayParanoid

M4t3s

Nov 9, 2010
Brno, Czech Republic
Hi there,
after few years digging into android, I just came up to this Xposed thing. I know it sounds funny. I went through Play store and found handful of Xposed apps. Could you help me and tell which oen do you have installed? I found some for Samsung, some named differently, but I guess I found nowhere some universal version? Please advise, it looks like pretty good feature :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Greenify

Network Speed Indicator

Crappalinks

Transmitted via Bacon
    Thank you for the swift reply! I would like to know if Xposed would conflict with franco.kernel or kernels in general. I am still new to this as this is my first android device. Thank you for your kind patience.

No they wouldn't. Install away.
    Xposed shouldn't conflict with kernels at all. The only conflict you'll face is Xposed vs ART, it just won't work. I'm pretty sure all ROMs are using the Dalvik runtime out of the box though so unless you've gone into Developer Options and changed it you'll be a-ok.

Transmitted via Bacon
    Been using xposed for a number of months I can't say I've run into any issues. There are a number of modules to use.

Sent from my One

2. to block youtube ads?

Transmitted via Bacon