[TOOL] MIUI Theme Editor - A PC Based theme editor

Search This thread

tajimura

Dec 25, 2009
Tashkent
BTW, folks, is there an authomatic miui2 GB to miui4 ICS conversion functionality in the application?

Sent from nowhere

Clever_Name_Here

Mar 24, 2012
Sydney
BTW, folks, is there an authomatic miui2 GB to miui4 ICS conversion functionality in the application?

Sent from nowhere

Hey mate... The application can edit both GB and v4 themes - i'm unclear as to what the differences are at the moment though... As far as I know, MIUIv4 still does not support XMLs properly, and so this application will not be able to properly convert themes until the MIUI devs make this possible.

tajimura

Dec 25, 2009
Tashkent
Hey mate... The application can edit both GB and v4 themes - i'm unclear as to what the differences are at the moment though... As far as I know, MIUIv4 still does not support XMLs properly, and so this application will not be able to properly convert themes until the MIUI devs make this possible.

Ah, okay, bro. Keep up the good work :)

Sent from nowhere

rashid.fairus

Dec 6, 2011
Klang
this tool was great!really help a lot

suggestion,i dont know is it possible or not,its about icons,an ability to pull apps details(system/user apps),ie original icon(want to be changed) and the package name(ie "com.android.mms" so the new icon will appear in launcher),this will make it easier for themer to change the icon

Clever_Name_Here

Mar 24, 2012
Sydney
this tool was great!really help a lot

suggestion,i dont know is it possible or not,its about icons,an ability to pull apps details(system/user apps),ie original icon(want to be changed) and the package name(ie "com.android.mms" so the new icon will appear in launcher),this will make it easier for themer to change the icon

Hi,
If you want to add an icon so it modifies in the drawer, simply find your application that you want to change in the online market, and look at end of the the link.

For instance:
If you wanted to know the package name for Whatsapp Messenger, then simply find whatsapp on the market, get the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whatsapp and see how it says id=com.whatsapp at the end?

The value of id is the package name, so the package name for whatsapp is com.whatsapp . Then you can just use my editor to add a new icon, enter com.whatsapp into the package name text box and select an icon!

I plan to add this guide to the website asap - I will try to word it better though!

Thanks,
John

rashid.fairus

Dec 6, 2011
Klang
Hi,
If you want to add an icon so it modifies in the drawer, simply find your application that you want to change in the online market, and look at end of the the link.

yes i know about that,just a suggestion,because you asked for new feature you want to add in this app right,btw thanks for this app,really save my time to make my own theme:)

Clever_Name_Here

Mar 24, 2012
Sydney
Where can i find names on not market app?And where can i find edited .mtz?

Its a fair bit more difficult if the app isn't on the market - you need to find out the package name of the app, which there are a couple of guides on the net about, but that involves using the android SDK.

The edited .mtz is only saved when you click file -> save and you select the directory at that step.

Thanks

Vonox

Jun 7, 2010
Beauvais, Oise
www.vonox.fr
Good job :thumbup:

I test tomorrow the v1. 0

For the icon in, it's not working in all case! The second method :

- in your phone launch an file explorer (root)
- go to. Data/system/customized_icon_1

This folder contains all icon un-themed with a proper name

;)

Envoyé depuis mon HTC Desire HD avec Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: NuttShell

Clever_Name_Here

Mar 24, 2012
Sydney
Good job :thumbup:

I test tomorrow the v1. 0

For the icon in, it's not working in all case! The second method :

- in your phone launch an file explorer (root)
- go to. Data/system/customized_icon_1

This folder contains all icon un-themed with a proper name

;)

Envoyé depuis mon HTC Desire HD avec Tapatalk

Hi mate, sorry I'm not sure if that was directed at me or directed above?

Thanks for spreading the word on MIUI france btw :)

John

B3311

Feb 16, 2011
Gelderd End, 1974
Getting an error when trying to load Black Android theme for MIUI 2.3:

Code:
ERROR: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '986' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at miuiThemeEditor.frmThemeEditor.romiLoadTheme_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Documents\Documents\Visual Studio 11\Projects\miuiThemeMaker\miuiThemeMaker\ThemeEditor.vb:line 248

Thanks for any help - new at this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I have made an MIUI Theme Editor - a PC based tool that allows the user to make, edit and save themes for MIUI!

Its been in BETA for a while, thus the thread already being a bit long, and I believe it is finally stable enough to release publicly. So I have!

I have released the program, and it is available at http://www.miuithe.me/. I still, however, ask you to please send me as many suggestions as you can think of! All suggestions will be taken on board! Suggestions can be made through the Issues and Suggestions page of the above website.

Please note this is a PC application - not an android app... Sorry, but I'm just not that good with java!

Screenshots:

Available at MIUI Theme Editor Website.

Changelog:

Full Changelog Available at MIUI Theme Editor Website.

Release:

[Stable] 1.0.2

Available to Download at the MIUI Theme Editor Website.

Issues:

Please submit all bugs and suggestions to the Issues and Suggestions page on the website.

Give me a thanks, if you like!

Thanks,
    Clever_Name_Here
    0.24 Released

Just thought I would let you know that I have released version 0.24 - get it here.

Included in the update is a few fixes,framework_res easy color editing and some drag and drop functionality!
    1.0 has been released!!!

Hi Guys!

Just letting you know that I have released version 1.0 with its own website at http://miuithemeeditor.netai.net/s/. This will become the official website for the tool!

Go check it out, and as always, if you have found bugs or have suggestions, tell me using the new issues and suggestions page!

Thanks,
    Clever_Name_Here
    Really close to perfection!

Should I suggest here or in the project page? :D

Thanks! There's still a lot more that should be able to go into it though! I prefer suggestions through google code's issues system - makes it much easier to track what I have to do etc :)
    what i'd like to edit is Status bar, maybe some frameworks modified too
    it would be cool though if we able to edit it from both PC and droid

What would you want to be able to edit in the status bar?

Currently I'm only working for PC - I've never done anything with java and I don't plan to in the near future!