{PRO} Keymap for HW keyboard / Keylayout / Keyboard layout - for Xperia Pro (MK16i/a)

Search This thread

ameer1234567890

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2012
Thulhaadhoo
ameer.io
If you among those having an Xperia Pro with a slide-out hardware keyboard, and you have recently flashed a new ROM on your phone which messed-up the keyboard layout, then you have come to the right place.

Xperia Pro (and other Pro devices of Xperia range) has 14 different key layouts as mentioned on this page. I am releasing a specific update.zip file for each of the 14 different key layouts. Flash the relevant zip for your phone and your hardware keyboard should start working as it should.

To find out which layout is your phone keyboard, go to this page.

If you are unsure about the relevant key layout for your phone, then there is always the tedious option of flashing each update.zip and seeing if it works. :eek:

Note 1: I am only releasing 10 keyboard layouts now. I shall release the rest when I get some time to figure it out.

Note 2: This is for Xperia Pro, but might work in other Pro devices of Xperia range. Please confirm if anyone gets it to work on any other Pro devices.

Note 3: If any of the below does not work in your phone or you phone has a different layout than the below, please help me to get it fixed by sending me a PM.

Requirements
1. CWM recovery installed (or root if you are copying files manually).

Installation
1. Download and copy zip file to SD card
2. Reboot into recovery
3. Choose install zip from SD card, select zip and flash .
4. Reboot!

Attachments

• keymap-for-pro_AZERTY.zip
    191.7 KB · Views: 683
  • keymap-for-pro_Bopomofo.zip
    191.3 KB · Views: 218
  • keymap-for-pro_Cyrillic.zip
    192.1 KB · Views: 629
  • keymap-for-pro_Danish.Norwegian.zip
    191.9 KB · Views: 264
  • keymap-for-pro_Portugese.Catalan.zip
    191.8 KB · Views: 453
  • keymap-for-pro_QWERTY.Latin.zip
    191.7 KB · Views: 3,006
  • keymap-for-pro_QWERTZ.zip
    191.7 KB · Views: 3,660
  • keymap-for-pro_Swedish.Finnish.zip
    191.7 KB · Views: 683
  • keymap-for-pro_Thai.zip
    191.2 KB · Views: 174
  • keymap-for-pro_Arabic.zip
    192.1 KB · Views: 642
Last edited:

ameer1234567890

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2012
Thulhaadhoo
ameer.io
Technical Details about Key Mapping and Key Layouts

I shall be updating this post with some technical details, when I get time. For the time being, below are some useful resources.

Resources and technical details:

In addition to the above keyboard mappings from Android, Sony (Ericsson) uses a different method for key mapping which is clearly described here:

Last edited:

NaughtyDescent

May 26, 2012
Faisalabad
LG G8X ThinQ
Realme 7 Pro
If you among those having an Xperia Pro with a slide-out hardware keyboard, and you have recently flashed a new ROM on your phone which messed-up the keyboard layout, then you have come to the right place.

Xperia Pro (and other Pro devices of Xperia range) has 14 different key layouts as mentioned on this page. I am releasing a specific update.zip file for each of the 14 different key layouts. Flash the relevant zip for your phone and your hardware keyboard should start working as it should.

If you are unsure about the relevant key layout for your phone, then there is always the tedious option of flashing each update.zip and seeing if it works. :eek:

Note: I am only releasing 9 keyboard layouts now. I shall release the rest when I get some time to figure it out.

Note 2: This is for Xperia Pro, but might work in other Pro devices of Xperia range. Please confirm if anyone gets it to work on any other Pro devices.
can i put them into phone without root access ????

or please tell me step by step procedure how to move these files and where ... thanks

Reactions: hiepa2

RamEsRock

Feb 29, 2012
Mexicali
can i put them into phone without root access ????

or please tell me step by step procedure how to move these files and where ... thanks

Not only root access, but a way to boot CWM.
While on recovery, select "Install zip from SD Card", then "Choose zip from sdcard" then you select the file of the keyboard layout you downloaded.

Reboot your device and it should be running correctly.

Barleyman

Jun 7, 2010
Someone said the difference between African and European releases is that in the African firmware @ goes to the right side of space, in European it goes to the left. I have annoying problem that 3rd party keyboards do not work properly with the hw keyboard. Ill give a try to the African fw, perhaps it'll indeed make the hw keyboard behave outside xperia kb.. Swedish/Finnish firmware would be perfect for experiment.

Barleyman

Jun 7, 2010

Wait a second.. These are the same .kcm and .kl files I was discussing over here .. These files do not change the keyprint.xml? Then it won't work.

I'm not sure if you're supposed to change
<Script name="latin" keylayout="qwerty"/>
to
<Script name="latin" keylayout="arabic"/>
but it probably would work with the xperia keyboard.

And with regards to those .kcm/.kl files, at least the finnish/swedish variant messes up the HW keyboard. Specifically wrong special keys, no öäå. At least this happens if you have set the keyprint.xml to use qwerty-se-fi

anamul.quader

Jan 25, 2012
riyadh
Wait a second.. These are the same .kcm and .kl files I was discussing over here .. These files do not change the keyprint.xml? Then it won't work.

I'm not sure if you're supposed to change
<Script name="latin" keylayout="qwerty"/>
to
<Script name="latin" keylayout="arabic"/>
but it probably would work with the xperia keyboard.

And with regards to those .kcm/.kl files, at least the finnish/swedish variant messes up the HW keyboard. Specifically wrong special keys, no öäå. At least this happens if you have set the keyprint.xml to use qwerty-se-fi

ok.i edited keyprint.xml...edited qwerty to arabic....and when i save it..i get two files..1. keyprint.xml
2.keyprint.xml.bak
and again..nothing changed :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Note 1: I am only releasing 10 keyboard layouts now. I shall release the rest when I get some time to figure it out.

Note 3: If any of the below does not work in your phone or you phone has a different layout than the below, please help me to get it fixed by sending me a PM.

Requirements
    1. CWM recovery installed (or root if you are copying files manually).

Installation
    1. Download and copy zip file to SD card
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Choose install zip from SD card, select zip and flash .
    4. Reboot!
    Hey guys,
    I fixed the QWERTZ layout, so the arrow-keys are working correctly.
    Just flash the zip and enjoy!

Greets,
    i0nsn0w_devs
    Hi,

i just created a package for the QWERTZ layout which got some enhancements for shell typing.
    There are some keys on my device which got no ALT function so i decided to put some symbols there.
    Additonally i replaced the "£" with the "|" symbol to use process pipes within the shell.

So these are the changes to the standard QWERTZ layout:
    Code:
    ALT+S is now >
    ALT+Y is now <
    ALT+N is now |

Some geeks might love it :cool:

P.S.: I hope nothing went wrong while creating the update...
    Have fun!

scholbert
    Technical Details about Key Mapping and Key Layouts

I shall be updating this post with some technical details, when I get time. For the time being, below are some useful resources.

Resources and technical details:

In addition to the above keyboard mappings from Android, Sony (Ericsson) uses a different method for key mapping which is clearly described here:
    Problem with cyrillic keymap. Up key works like right, down like left, left as up, right as down.
    Right code is:
    Code:
    key 105   DPAD_LEFT         WAKE_DROPPED
    key 106   DPAD_RIGHT        WAKE_DROPPED
    key 103   DPAD_UP           WAKE_DROPPED
    key 108   DPAD_DOWN         WAKE_DROPPED
    Please replace yours with right one and update archive.Thanks in advance!