[Q] Device bricked? (Stock flashing already tried)

Search This thread

Aishyan

Jan 10, 2014
Hello,

Before anybody gives me the "Use search" or "Here's this link, it solves everything" : I tried all of that !

I read countless number of posts, I tried many things !

So here is what I have :

- Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-i9100) not booting (Stuck at Logo + recovery mod not working (Download mode is))
- Can flash (Tried many different ROMS
- Stock ROM "Ice Cream Sandwich XWLP7 (4.0.3)"
- Stock recovery mod not working but ClockWorkMod's one works when I put it

What I tried :
- Tried to delete data/reset user factory
- Tried to put different versions of CyanogenMod's ROM
- Tried to put different versions of Stock ROM
- Used a stock pit file to repartition using Heimdall

I'm out of clue, if somebody has an idea what I can try ...

Thank you very much !

Edit : Forgot to say, I have access to adb interface

Last edited:

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Given you say you've tried 'everything', what exactly do you expect anyone here to suggest ? Motherboard replacement; new one by Samsung service centre (expensive option), 2nd hand one you source online & either swap yourself or pay a local mobile repair shop to swap (cheaper option).

Aishyan

Jan 10, 2014
Given you say you've tried 'everything', what exactly do you expect anyone here to suggest ? Motherboard replacement; new one by Samsung service centre (expensive option), 2nd hand one you source online & either swap yourself or pay a local mobile repair shop to swap (cheaper option).

Thanks for the answer, I hope I didn't get too patronizing in my post

So basically my phone is bricked? Can't do anything about it?

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Yeah, you did. And that's why I gave you that response.

Right...Now that we have that out of the way, search for Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread. I don't think the link to 3 part firmware in the thread is live anymore, but the first thing I'd be doing is trying to hunt down any I9100 3 part stock firmware (not 4.0.4 though) & flashing that. Rationale being as it will wipe your phone, maybe it will remove remnants of what was previously on the phone & which may be causing problems. It's a longshot, but worth trying given the alternatives.

I'd also keep flashing stock firmwares (as many different ones as you can download), and go through all the troubleshooting steps in Hopper's thread. There's always a chance something simple/obvious is being overlooked which is tripping you up, which is easy to do if you've been at it for ages & have had no joy getting it fixed.

If after having done those things the situation hasn't changed, take it to someone who does JTAG's, and if they're prepared to have a look at it on the basis of 'you only pay them if a JTAG is possible' (I know a couple of repairers near me who do this, YMMV though), try that. It's unlikely to work/be possible, but worth trying.

If it isn't JTAG'able, then you either look at motherboard replacement as per my PP, or a new phone, as it's obviously a case of NAND corruption.

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
The 3 part firmware in hoppers guide is good........I'm hosting it now.....
Try the mediafire link before the dropbox one......

This might be my S2, or it might be my W...but it's definitely CM

Reactions: MistahBungle

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
No probs MB.....that's what it's there for....:)

Aishyan

Jan 10, 2014
Thank you very much for the 3 part stock firmware but it didn't solve my problem :x

I still have the phone not booting and the recovery mode bootlooping

I'll try option 2, I downloaded a bunch of stock firmwares from Sammobile and will flash my phone over and over
But I'm starting to get the impression that it's not gonna work...

I'll start asking around me if anybody has a not-working SG2 to get his motherboard

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The 3 part firmware in hoppers guide is good........I'm hosting it now.....
    Try the mediafire link before the dropbox one......

Good news ;) Might grab a copy myself in case it ever goes AWOL.