[Official FIRMWARES] Galaxy Tab Plus P6200/P6210/SGH-T869

Search This thread

kmmxracer

Oct 5, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Nope. But Samsung doesn't appear to be bothered that all their other firmwares are being hosted somewhere. I'd say throw it up on Mediafire, or Hotfile, BayFiles, etc.

I found it on hotfile but it needed a password. I'll try to upload it some ware when I get back to my laptop. Maybe a torrent or something.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using xda premium

kmmxracer

Oct 5, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

Actually, here is how and where I found it. I don't know how I kept missing this post every time I looked through this thread. The US firmware is the _XAR_P6210UEKL1..... Link and you will need the password: sampro.pl to extract the rar

Sent from my GT-P6210 using xda premium

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
Heimdall packages for stock firmwares

I just started a thread over in General for Heimdall packages of official firmwares:

[P6200][Heimdall] Firmware packages for stock ROMs

Heimdall is a free, open-source tool for flashing Samsung Galaxy devices (Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, etc), but it does work on the Galaxy Tab P6200 (and most likely the P6210). It is similar to Odin, but Odin is a closed-source, Windows-only, internal Samsung tool. It works on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. There is zero reason to use Odin these days. Go give it a try...

Cheers...

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
too bad heimdall increases the counter even with the official firmware.. so, its not an option for the "virgin" devices...

If I recall correctly flashing through Odin also increases the flash count. The point is that Heimdall is safer, and open source, and Heimdall firmware packages aren't "protected" with some stupid password by some guy trying to inflate his ego. ;)

btw, there's always Chainfire's TriangleAway... it can clear the flash count. I assume we'll be able to use this when we finally move to Ice Cream Sandwich.

jneapan

Sep 3, 2011
Bucharest
Hello. Does anyone have the P6200UWAORL firmware? It seems to be a custom Orange build, Google search returned nothing :/

jmar8124

Apr 16, 2011
prestatyn
helps on its way.....haha

Can someone help me? I think I bricked my tab. I can still go into download mode but it won't boot up.

I have a P6210 Wifi US version.
yes you have bricked it by the sounds of things.
follow my steps bro il help ya :)
step1. download Odin v1.8
step2. download Samsung keys
step3. reboot PC
step4. download required firmware or an equivalent if your region is not here and unpack it
step5. open Odin then select PDA button on Odin choose the unpacked firmware file then press start.
step6. now listen very carefully as this bit is essentially once you have finished installing the firmware reboot in to recovery mode (which will now work but the tab wont until you wipe data) so navigate to wipe data and reboot it will now work.
thanks me when its done bro :D

motohip

Mar 1, 2010
Oxnard
www.motohip.net
yes you have bricked it by the sounds of things.
follow my steps bro il help ya :)
step1. download Odin v1.8
step2. download Samsung keys
step3. reboot PC
step4. download required firmware or an equivalent if your region is not here and unpack it
step5. open Odin then select PDA button on Odin choose the unpacked firmware file then press start.
step6. now listen very carefully as this bit is essentially once you have finished installing the firmware reboot in to recovery mode (which will now work but the tab wont until you wipe data) so navigate to wipe data and reboot it will now work.
thanks me when its done bro :D

OMG it worked!!! I've been so bummed about this for days wondering how I was going to fix it. Thank you so much!!!!! I owe you one!!! :D

groovdafied

Feb 3, 2007
Wait, how/where did you download your firmware? I can't download the US firmware...the page leads to unreachable in my browser.

Ceelos09

Apr 18, 2011

gingerboy92

May 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Xiaomi 12
If I recall correctly flashing through Odin also increases the flash count. The point is that Heimdall is safer, and open source, and Heimdall firmware packages aren't "protected" with some stupid password by some guy trying to inflate his ego. ;)

btw, there's always Chainfire's TriangleAway... it can clear the flash count. I assume we'll be able to use this when we finally move to Ice Cream Sandwich.

odin won't increase the counter if its the original firmware package from samsung.. to use heimdall you need to unpackage everything first if i'm right.. heimdall will increase the counter even with samsung's official firmware. i might be wrong though. about triangleaway, untill it's useable, i won't say anything.

Last edited:

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
odin won't increase the counter if its the original firmware package from samsung.. to use heimdall you need to unpackage everything first if i'm right.. heimdall will increase the counter even with samsung's official firmware. i might be wrong though. about triangleaway, untill it's useable, i won't say anything.

Yeah, kinda. From what I've seen the counter only increments during kernel flashes, and only when flashing kernels which are not signed by Samsung. Kernels from Samsung firmware releases can be flashed like this without incrementing the counter:
Code:
heimdall flash --kernel zImage

Samsung firmwares contain many files, such as boot.bin, zImage, recovery.img, factoryfs.img, etc. Each of these files gets flashed to the corresponding mmc partition.

gingerboy92

May 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Xiaomi 12
Yeah, kinda. From what I've seen the counter only increments during kernel flashes, and only when flashing kernels which are not signed by Samsung. Kernels from Samsung firmware releases can be flashed like this without incrementing the counter:
Code:
heimdall flash --kernel zImage

Samsung firmwares contain many files, such as boot.bin, zImage, recovery.img, factoryfs.img, etc. Each of these files gets flashed to the corresponding mmc partition.

i just flashed the recovery.img using heimdall without increasing the counter. not the original recover.img, but the one with cwm.. then i flashed root.zip to root.. all without using an external sd card. woohoo! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: aorth

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
i just flashed the recovery.img using heimdall without increasing the counter. not the original recover.img, but the one with cwm.. then i flashed root.zip to root.. all without using an external sd card. woohoo! :D

Yes, this is certainly a good way to flash recovery without an external SD card. I'm telling you guys, Heimdall is good stuff. :)

Regarding the flash count: I guess that confirms that the only partition which gets "counted" is the kernel/"boot" partition. Not particularly helpful, but good to know. There seems to be a lot of misinformation floating around XDA's newbie population. ;)

Reactions: gingerboy92

gingerboy92

May 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Xiaomi 12
Yes, this is certainly a good way to flash recovery without an external SD card. I'm telling you guys, Heimdall is good stuff. :)

Regarding the flash count: I guess that confirms that the only partition which gets "counted" is the kernel/"boot" partition. Not particularly helpful, but good to know. There seems to be a lot of misinformation floating around XDA's newbie population. ;)

i guess so.. :D its good to know what to avoid from flashing :D no more worries~ a good software indeed.
:D

Top Liked Posts