[MOD] [Xposed] [V3.1] Multiwindow [No flashing] [22-01-13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
26-03-14
This project is no longer maintained, no further updates will occur.

07-04-2013
Overdue images of 240DPI mod
Also new version of DPI mod which doesn't crash when the settings file gets corrupted.

18-03-2013
Release 240DPI mod beta (Use at own risk)
I will post some screenshots when my phone returns (USB connector broke :crying:)
See below for details

22-01-2013
Hopefully resolved the issues people were having.

21-01-2013
Probably the last version of this mod.
Big thanks to my three donators, People like you keep developers making awesome things.

Changelog:
The sorting issue on reboot has been fixed, Samsung made it so it would only properly work if you have all apps in alphabetical order.
As a happy side effect my start up code seems twice as fast as samsung, reducing start up time!

Instructions
Just download the attached APK and update the current version, and reboot your device for the changes to take effect.

02-01-2013 - 1898 downloads
New version compatible with framework 2.0, Attached to this post. *People who update: Make sure you download and install the latest xposed framework, Before pressing "Install/Update" else you will receive incomparable message*
Get it here - (2.0: Removed the native library replacement again, support for 4.1 and 4.2, Instagram crash fixed, ...)

15-12-12
Initial release - 1737 downloads

*Not compatible with version message / Updating procedure*

1. Follow the link and download the xposed framework (again)
2. Install the apk and overwrite the current installation
3. Open the xposed installer and hit "Install / Update"
You are now on the latest version of the xposed framework, And ready to update my mod.

Requirements

Root
XposedFramework - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012770

Another multi window mod?

Yes! Because of the wonderful xposed framework it should work on all roms that have the normal multiwindow control.
But wait there is more! With others mods if you try to move an app to the bar from the edit page sometimes, you're suddenly dragging a different app, but with my mod this is fixed :highfive: Now also features correct sorting on reboot and faster start up times. :cool:

How to
  • Download and install the xposed framework from the thread above (no flashing required, but does require root)
  • Download and install my attached APK
  • In the xposed installer app goto the modules pane and activate my mod
  • Reboot
  • Enjoy

How to 240 DPI

Tested on

Stock LJ1 (4.1.1)
LJ3, thanks deltacode
LK7 (4.1.2)
KJ7 (4.1.2)
N7105
N7100XXDLL4
And many more

Thanks to

rovo89 and pulser_g2 for their work on the xposed framework!

Donation link
Donate

Attachments

• XposedMultiWindow.apk
    39 KB · Views: 72,105
  • XposedMultiWindow240.apk
    177.4 KB · Views: 23,194
  • Screenshot_2013-04-07-22-24-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-07-22-24-17.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 38,052
  • Screenshot_2013-04-07-22-25-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-07-22-25-15.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 38,958
Last edited:
S

sawdoctor

Seems to work fine on 4.1.2 LK7 . It didnt seem to like apps that only work in landscape but I expected that. Thanks very much for this so much easier than the other mods.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
S

sawdoctor

I don't know but i think so, just test it i guess :)
The worst that could happen is that the multiwindow bar process stops, and then you can disable the mod with 4 clicks.

Its working fine on the N7105 just make sure you install the xposed framework correctly and all the mods work brilliantly

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

I thing not working on jb4.1.2

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

It should work on any stock rom. Just make sure you install the xposed framework once you've opened it. You have to reboot for a mod to work once activated in the xposed framework

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
My first mod how exciting :) Let me know if it works for you as well! (please add your version so i can add it to the list)

I just sat down to make this myself, since I noticed that people still need to download an "updated" version of Multiwindow for their phone...

Nice work :) Just saved me making it :)

Reactions: iakovidis

MohJee

Nov 3, 2012
Wonderful. I think if xposed mods were grouped up in pulser_g2 thread to make that a sort of repository, it would make more people aware of them.

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
Wonderful. I think if xposed mods were grouped up in pulser_g2 thread to make that a sort of repository, it would make more people aware of them.

I don't agree, either 1 post or 100 posts which will you notice? ;)
Also if things start stacking up developers wont be able to keep questions and such separated, if everyone posts in the same thread.

S

sawdoctor

Also if things start stacking up developers wont be able to keep questions and such separated, if everyone posts in the same thread.

I think maybe separate threads but a sticky for a repository would be the best solution.

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009

I'll make something that is a little better than a sticky thread :)

mello9119

Apr 6, 2012
Worked for 4.1.2 jelly bean of note 2. I already have flashed a mod, next time I may just use this.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355667549104.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355667549104.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,658
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355667613807.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355667613807.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 2,741

sadiqsabia

May 31, 2008
Just a query. Does this mod continuously run in the background or something like that. I ask this as I feel slight drain on battery since I installed this mod.

SilverHedgehog

Oct 30, 2010
Cupertino

Well to be completely honest, a forum setup like XDA is terrible for development. It's impossible to keep track of anything.
You need a proper bug tracker for good development.

iakovidis

Jul 27, 2010
The mod is working fine, thank you!

There is one small thing I would like to ask if possible.
The function do not work when I connect it to the dongle (allshare cast). It might act the same while on hdmi but I do not have a cable to check it.
On custom rom with mod for multi this feature is working fine, if that helps.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    26-03-14
    This project is no longer maintained, no further updates will occur.

07-04-2013
    Overdue images of 240DPI mod
    Also new version of DPI mod which doesn't crash when the settings file gets corrupted.

18-03-2013
    Release 240DPI mod beta (Use at own risk)
    I will post some screenshots when my phone returns (USB connector broke :crying:)
    See below for details

22-01-2013
    Hopefully resolved the issues people were having.

21-01-2013
    Probably the last version of this mod.
    Big thanks to my three donators, People like you keep developers making awesome things.

Changelog:
    The sorting issue on reboot has been fixed, Samsung made it so it would only properly work if you have all apps in alphabetical order.
    As a happy side effect my start up code seems twice as fast as samsung, reducing start up time!

Instructions
    Just download the attached APK and update the current version, and reboot your device for the changes to take effect.

02-01-2013 - 1898 downloads
    New version compatible with framework 2.0, Attached to this post. *People who update: Make sure you download and install the latest xposed framework, Before pressing "Install/Update" else you will receive incomparable message*
    Get it here - (2.0: Removed the native library replacement again, support for 4.1 and 4.2, Instagram crash fixed, ...)

15-12-12
    Initial release - 1737 downloads

*Not compatible with version message / Updating procedure*

1. Follow the link and download the xposed framework (again)
    2. Install the apk and overwrite the current installation
    3. Open the xposed installer and hit "Install / Update"
    You are now on the latest version of the xposed framework, And ready to update my mod.

Requirements

Root
    XposedFramework - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012770

Another multi window mod?

Yes! Because of the wonderful xposed framework it should work on all roms that have the normal multiwindow control.
    But wait there is more! With others mods if you try to move an app to the bar from the edit page sometimes, you're suddenly dragging a different app, but with my mod this is fixed :highfive: Now also features correct sorting on reboot and faster start up times. :cool:

How to
    • Download and install the xposed framework from the thread above (no flashing required, but does require root)
    • Download and install my attached APK
    • In the xposed installer app goto the modules pane and activate my mod
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy

How to 240 DPI

Tested on

Stock LJ1 (4.1.1)
    LJ3, thanks deltacode
    LK7 (4.1.2)
    KJ7 (4.1.2)
    N7105
    N7100XXDLL4
    And many more

Thanks to

rovo89 and pulser_g2 for their work on the xposed framework!

Donation link
    Donate
    If i don't die before tonight, I'll release a 2.0 framework compatible version.

Ugh no sleep last night (Irritation bonus modifier!), and windows didn't want to detect my phone for an hour hnnnng.
    But still got you guys the new version, good luck
    Uploaded a new version, which hopefully resolves all issues.
    I found a nice little tweak for phones with this mod on some website, but it doesn't seem to have been mentioned in this thread before.
    if you combine it with xposed app settings you can get a hybrid phone/tablet mode where Windows in split-screen mode can be undocked to turn them into floating apps like on the note 10.1.
    it's not perfect, but it does work.
    the undock icon only appears when 2 windows are open, and it doesn't seem to work on the first window you open.
    to enable this:
    set the screen(dp) option for "android system" to 1280x800 in xposed app settings but say no when you're offered to kill it.
    reboot your phone (power>restart or the reboot button in the xposed installer)
    open the multi-window launcher, and open an app fullscreen.
    drag the app you want to have floating from the multi-window launcher on to the fullscreen app.
    tap the green pin to unpin the app and make it float.

apps that are floating like this will work pretty much the same as in Windows.
    you drag them around using the bar on top.
    there's a maximize and a close button in the top-right corner.
    tapping the pin again should put the floating window back into split-screen mode.

edit: some corrections.
    once undocked the pin button stops working.
    and the float options don't seem to appear on some apps.
    perhaps an idea for an expansion of the multi-window mod would be to make floating windows more consistent and easier to enable.
    Just perfect! Thanks so much!

I just would like so much to automatically sort all apps in alphabetical order. Would this be possible to implement?

Both enabled apps and the Edit Panel...

In theory, yes. But there are also people who do not that.
    And because manual sorting also always alphabetic sorting,
    I have chosen to leave it on manual.

However there is currently an issue with this which i will look into probably tonight.

*Update on the sorting issue*

So i looked into why apps positioning changes on a reload.
    And i found the problem, Samsung has a function to restore apps on reboot (It is unchanged in my mod, so every multiwindow mod is affected by this)

It's simply wrong... It can never restore apps in the same order the way it written at the moment.
    It also waste resources doing things multiple times for no reason causing extra load times and allocates extra memory for nothing, Can't believe that they made such sloppy code.

Anyway..... Ill have to rewrite the whole function to solve the issue.
    I will try to rewrite it, but i am not sure that i will succeed.