[Hangout][postponed][Hamilton, ON] Turge appreciation day.

Search This thread

general X

Apr 17, 2012
oshawa
Re: Turge appreciation day.

I live on oshawa and would love to show turge a good time have been a fan since my icredible s days lol

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: a box of kittens

awolfcw

Jan 23, 2012
world wide
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Always have used your roms nothing else is anygood in my opinion.
Of course I make my own changes and add what I want but who doesn't :p
Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

general X

Apr 17, 2012
oshawa

Lol no man no wierdo here. Just wanna show my appreciation for a good dev! Didn't think anyone lived close been addicted to xda for a little over a year and would love to give back a little to the Dev community.Sent from my HTC One X using viper xl 3.2.2

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton

Was that supposed to sound the way it did cause I'm a little scared right now :p

Sent from my HTC EVARE_UL using Tapatalk 2

Don't worry turge, I won't let him bother you. I keep close watch over you every day and most nights. :p

Haha just kidding.

I had my baby, everyone! Her name is Hadley Rose and she's obviously awesome. *mind blown*

March 2nd work for everyone?

Also, are we going to collect donations for this? or does it seem like enough people might come that we should just split Turge's tab?

Arrow44

Aug 21, 2012
San Antonio

JKT Ahw you should have made her name have a "su" in it....her name would be mysterious(; haha jk but anyways congrats!

Reactions: =JKT=

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton

S-ON has a nice ring to it...maybe the next one: S-on Su Fastbootflashbootboot.img sounds like a good string name.

No joke, my friend is a triage nurse and she was trying to call this name 'laa'....'La'....'Ella' etc. Trying to pronounce it. Finally she says Ms Whatever-her last-name-was and this woman comes up and says "umm. it's pronounced 'Eldasha'" all snobby and offended.

The nurse looks down at the page puzzled. It is spelled "L-a."

True story. Edit: true-ish story :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3452239

S-ON has a nice ring to it...maybe the next one: S-on Su Fastbootflashbootboot.img sounds like a good string name.

No joke, my friend is a triage nurse and she was trying to call this name 'laa'....'La'....'Ella' etc. Trying to pronounce it. Finally she says Ms Whatever-her last-name-was and this woman comes up and says "umm. it's pronounced 'Eldasha'" all snobby and offended.

The nurse looks down at the page puzzled. It is spelled "L-a."

True story.

That was YOUR friend?

Spelled as: L-a
Pronounced as: el dash uh

^_^ heard about that before

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton

That was YOUR friend?

Spelled as: L-a
Pronounced as: el dash uh

^_^ heard about that before

Hey, I can't guarantee that my friend wasnt making it up. Lol wouldn't be the first time someone told me an urban legend like it happened to them.

Statement amended: trueish story haha

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton
Alright everyone! I'm all settled in with the baby (as much as one can be lol)

I've got the go-ahead from my better half for Saturday March 2nd. How many people are planning on coming? If there's a quite a group coming, I might book a reservation somewhere. that'll make it easier for people to find the table too, since we probably won't know what each other looks like. the reservation will be under Turge.

Where? I guess I'll just throw something out there. How about Slainte? It's got decent food and decent tap selection while having enough space for us to probably get a good size table with a reservation.

Looking forward to it, guys!

Edit: Just updated the OP to reflect Date/Time/Location. If we need to change it to accomodate everyone if possible, that's cool. Just gonna confirm with Turge.

Last edited:

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Alright everyone! I'm all settled in with the baby (as much as one can be lol)

I've got the go-ahead from my better half for Saturday March 2nd. How many people are planning on coming? If there's a quite a group coming, I might book a reservation somewhere. that'll make it easier for people to find the table too, since we probably won't know what each other looks like. the reservation will be under Turge.

Where? I guess I'll just throw something out there. How about Slainte? It's got decent food and decent tap selection while having enough space for us to probably get a good size table with a reservation.

Looking forward to it, guys!

Edit: Just updated the OP to reflect Date/Time/Location. If we need to change it to accomodate everyone if possible, that's cool. Just gonna confirm with Turge.

Congrats on the new addition to the family. If I see you posting something at 3am, I'll understand why.

Reactions: =JKT=

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

lol.. I appreciate the gesture but the real dev when it comes to Viper roms is m0narx (the lead dev for the international one x+ device). I mean, we all do our share but he's the brains behind this operation and without him, we probably wouldn't exist.

Sent from my HTC EVARE_UL using Tapatalk 2
    I would have enjoyed meeting a few of you guys for a few drinks and laughs because I live in Buffalo New york in the US only about an hour drive away but I don't have a enhanced liscense or a passport so I can't cross the bridge. Hope you guys have fun and maybe there will be another time in the future that I'll be able to make it.

XDA Moderator
    UPDATE: postponed. Post if you are still interested

Okay guys, I've run a LOT of roms on four different phones. From my experience I can see that not only is Turge one of the most talented rom devs at xda, but also one of the hardest working.

We all owe him! And he lives in my town ;)

Here's my idea...but first...

Turge: I can totally understand that someone might not feel comfortable doing this, and if so, that's totally cool. Meeting people from the internet is always a gamble. But if you are down, I think it would be fun. (I'm not a psycho, fyi)

K, here's the idea: we pitch in a little bit of cash and basically I take him out for a night on the town. It can be whatever he wants, whether it be a couple of pints and wings, movie, friggin laser tag, paintball, whatever.

The way I figure it, donations are great! but often money just gets gobbled up by bills or whatever. This way we are basically ensuring him to have a good time with our gifts because we are grateful for all his hard work!

What do you all think? Is it too weird, or is it a good idea?

We can figure out the details later if we are all on board.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app
    I'll take Turge to a hockey game

Then throw beer at him.....

He's mad at me cause my team is doing better than his sh!tty team.
    Seems like turge ain't that interested. That's cool :)

Set it up and I'll show up ;)