[Q] Runtime reverting to Dalvik?

Search This thread

Sythun

Sep 25, 2012
Every time I try to change runtime to ART and reboot, the option still says "Use Dalvik". There also isn't a long boot time and the 'Android is upgrading' wait.

I am able to change to ART runtime if I do a clean flash of Omnirom but unable to do so after installing all of my apps.

Is there a log to see which apps are causing this? or if it's app related at all?

I am using Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300. I have also flashed SuperSU and Temasek Kernel.

BeDesireS

Aug 30, 2011
Trier
Every time I try to change runtime to ART and reboot, the option still says "Use Dalvik". There also isn't a long boot time and the 'Android is upgrading' wait.

I am able to change to ART runtime if I do a clean flash of Omnirom but unable to do so after installing all of my apps.

Is there a log to see which apps are causing this? or if it's app related at all?

I am using Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300. I have also flashed SuperSU and Temasek Kernel.

I guess you are using exposed, that causes the issue with ART.

Reactions: Sythun

Sythun

Sep 25, 2012

Ahh I see. Thanks.

Edit: Yep that was the issue. Uninstalled Xposed framework modifications and it worked. And also ART runtime doesn't seem to like low available space and will start causing crashes of apps.

Last edited:

Mikegrmn

Aug 24, 2013
I guess I'm a little late to the topic, but I installed CM11 on my nook color and my razr HD. After reading this thread, I uninstalled xposed from both devices.
Every time I change from Dalvik to Art, the boot process takes long, apps getting modified, and once it's all done and I check developer options, it's telling me that it runs Dalvik.
Is there a way to pinpoint which apps could cause this?
Would it be sufficient to remove all apps and then install one app after the other to see if Art is still running, or would I have to reinstall Android or at least wipe all user data?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.