Kindle Fire HDX LTE - Make Cellular Telephone Calls ?

Search This thread

ash99

Mar 17, 2006
www.MobileLinuxNews.com
Hi,

Can anyone please verify if the Kindle Fire HDX can make standard phones calls ? When I say Standard I mean over the celluar network opposed to VOIP or SIP ?

Thanks

Ash.

scx110a

Oct 2, 2011
NY
13-1_zpsab10d9be.png

No. Amazon modified the activity in Phone.apk, and if you want to make phone call using that way, nothing would happen. But since I can receive the SMS (yes, only receive, will show as a notification, and no way to reply/send), I thought it is possible to enable phone call feature with lots of work.

Last edited:

missha

Nov 29, 2009
scx110a,
Could you tell me if SIM cards on HDX is removable or not (because of T-Mobile on your screenshot it looks like it is)? If it is, how hard is it to change it and is it similar to HD 8.9 (youtube.com/watch?v=flsyBX3PUkw)?

scx110a

Oct 2, 2011
NY
scx110a,
Could you tell me if SIM cards on HDX is removable or not (because of T-Mobile on your screenshot it looks like it is)? If it is, how hard is it to change it and is it similar to HD 8.9 (youtube.com/watch?v=flsyBX3PUkw)?

Certainly removable, and it's a NANO SIM (the same as iPhone 5), you only need a SIM pin to eject the sim tray (still same as iPhone 5). And I think it is similar to HD 8.9.

Reactions: missha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    scx110a,

Certainly removable, and it's a NANO SIM (the same as iPhone 5), you only need a SIM pin to eject the sim tray (still same as iPhone 5). And I think it is similar to HD 8.9.