rom suggestion guyzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

throcker

Feb 1, 2012
cagliari
sup guys! I was out of this dev section from a while (got a one x and now a one, HTC FTW) and now my GF got a sensation...
I need a suggestion for a stable bugless rom with sweep2wake and toggles...the fastest you have...or she will leave me, because of the bugs I put in her phone..."you ruined my phone! I want my galaxy w back!! this phone has bugs!!!!" and throws things...

I was looking for albino's cm10.1 (since 10.2 is not so smooth and drains too much battery and cm11 is too buggy now), is there any other ROM I should look for?

hope I made you laugh with this post lol, I was joking about the leaving thing, but she's really pissed off because of my modding addiction...XD and I really need help, I don't know how roms are.

thank you all guys

Last edited:
Reactions: erdal67

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
Thanx mate, but...I mean...a bit outdated...sense 3.6 looks pretty ugly now xD "use a launcher!" all right, all right...
Thanks anyway

Sense 3.6 is the last one that looks like a real Sense, everything later lost it's point.

Outdated-maybe, best working-definitely. You said you need something bugless. If you want something newer go with MIUI, it's 4.2.2, you have patched sultan kernel with ION for it (and it also works perfectly with the stock kernel).

Reactions: throcker

Pierrot Lunaire

Jul 15, 2009
After using CM for a long time I got tired of the battery barely holding a day and decided to go back to the legendary ARHD and it's still the best rom for this phone in my opinion! If you're looking for stability, performance and good battery life, ARHD is definitely the way to go.

I don't really care about the Sense version. I use Apex Launcher and it pretty much looks almost the same like the CM roms I used except for the way the notification bar looks like which is fine with me.

In addition to flashing the rom I also flashed the Battery Percentage Fix / No Recent Apps / Extended Quick Settings, one of the Battery Percentage Mods, the Advanced Power Menu and the HQ Camera which takes much better pics than CM does by the way.

All current apps are working great and I'm glad I'm back using this rom. There's definitely no need to have the latest and newest software on your phone.

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
After using CM for a long time I got tired of the battery barely holding a day and decided to go back to the legendary ARHD and it's still the best rom for this phone in my opinion! If you're looking for stability, performance and good battery life, ARHD is definitely the way to go.

I don't really care about the Sense version. I use Apex Launcher and it pretty much looks almost the same like the CM roms I used except for the way the notification bar looks like which is fine with me.

In addition to flashing the rom I also flashed the Battery Percentage Fix / No Recent Apps / Extended Quick Settings, one of the Battery Percentage Mods, the Advanced Power Menu and the HQ Camera which takes much better pics than CM does by the way.

All current apps are working great and I'm glad I'm back using this rom. There's definitely no need to have the latest and newest software on your phone.

ARHD already has HQ camera. I think it's the standard since 6.7 version or so?

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
I'm actually not sure. If the camera app buttons are green when pressed than it's not. If they're blue than it is the HQ camera.

It actually depends on skin, HTC gives green and Blue sky gives blue.

This is written in the mod thread:

This Mod is now included by default in

ARHD 6.6.2+
InsertCoin 5.1.5+
LeeDROiD SuperSensational 7.0.0+ ICS
OrDroid 1.7.3+
Sense-o-Maniac v2.2+
SmartDroid Resurrection

Last edited:

pdbc

Oct 9, 2013
ViperS 3.1.4: very good Sense JB ROM with tweaks and so on. I got only a little bug with headphones. If you use headphones without mic, and so need to talk into the phone's mic, then sometimes you are not able to send your speech...you receive very well, but you're not able to talk.(Before someone asks, I use very high quality headphones but unfortunately they are without mic. Listening a lot of music by my mobile during the day, this to talk into the phone's mic is the only way to continue my habits.)

Elegancia: very good Sense ICS ROM with some tweaks (less than ViperS). No bugs found by me, good battery life, but glitches with Maps 7.0, due to hacks in adreno libs. You must downgrade app to Maps 6 (anyway, link is provided in the thread).

CM 10.1 & 10.2 (albinoman, a1-7, etc.): no-Sense ROM, good performance, a lot of available modifications and personalizations, but camera quality is not as Sense ROM, no way to obtain same quality. In some cases, camera app FC, and that's could be a very annoying thing when you want to capture that exact moment!

Actually I use ViperS 5, a Sense 5 JB ROM. No bugs (neither the one with the headphones), good quality pictures, no tweaks (at least, for the moment). IMHO Sense 5 is not so great because of a sort of "relaxing" in design (someone likes that, mine is only an opinion), but this ROM is the one able to give me what I desire at the moment, even if not at all. I'm waiting for a stable CM11 (albinoman's, dominos', a1-7's, no matter whose) with a no bug camera: I tried some version: speed is terrific (it seems like to have a brand 2014 new phone in your hand), and available tweaks/personalizations will be enough to let me forgive the bad quality of the camera.

Everything I wrote, obviously, is from my experience, so someone could be not agree with me.

mad.droid

Sep 26, 2013
Which cm11 to choose

Hi - Which CM11 version do you recommend guys? I saw that there are two which are frequently updated:
- [ROM] CyanogenMod 11.0 | Android 4.4.2 KitKat [KANG] [Jan-15]
- [ROM][Android 4.4.2][Camera works] CM11 with ION [Jan 9, 2014]

I am going to install it to one of my friends phone who is not going to tinker it so I would like to install the better one. Currently he has cm10.1 on it from albinoman, which runs fast but it frequently has bugs during calls so that one needs to be replaced by a better room.

ViperS 3.1.4: very good Sense JB ROM with tweaks and so on. I got only a little bug with headphones. If you use headphones without mic, and so need to talk into the phone's mic, then sometimes you are not able to send your speech...you receive very well, but you're not able to talk.(Before someone asks, I use very high quality headphones but unfortunately they are without mic. Listening a lot of music by my mobile during the day, this to talk into the phone's mic is the only way to continue my habits.)

Elegancia: very good Sense ICS ROM with some tweaks (less than ViperS). No bugs found by me, good battery life, but glitches with Maps 7.0, due to hacks in adreno libs. You must downgrade app to Maps 6 (anyway, link is provided in the thread).

CM 10.1 & 10.2 (albinoman, a1-7, etc.): no-Sense ROM, good performance, a lot of available modifications and personalizations, but camera quality is not as Sense ROM, no way to obtain same quality. In some cases, camera app FC, and that's could be a very annoying thing when you want to capture that exact moment!

Actually I use ViperS 5, a Sense 5 JB ROM. No bugs (neither the one with the headphones), good quality pictures, no tweaks (at least, for the moment). IMHO Sense 5 is not so great because of a sort of "relaxing" in design (someone likes that, mine is only an opinion), but this ROM is the one able to give me what I desire at the moment, even if not at all. I'm waiting for a stable CM11 (albinoman's, dominos', a1-7's, no matter whose) with a no bug camera: I tried some version: speed is terrific (it seems like to have a brand 2014 new phone in your hand), and available tweaks/personalizations will be enough to let me forgive the bad quality of the camera.

Everything I wrote, obviously, is from my experience, so someone could be not agree with me.

pdbc

Oct 9, 2013
Hi - Which CM11 version do you recommend guys? I saw that there are two which are frequently updated:
- [ROM] CyanogenMod 11.0 | Android 4.4.2 KitKat [KANG] [Jan-15]
- [ROM][Android 4.4.2][Camera works] CM11 with ION [Jan 9, 2014]

I am going to install it to one of my friends phone who is not going to tinker it so I would like to install the better one. Currently he has cm10.1 on it from albinoman, which runs fast but it frequently has bugs during calls so that one needs to be replaced by a better room.

IMHO don't install CM11 ROMs, then... They are not completely stable (camera doesn't work properly, and there are some bugs to be fixed).

Try a CM10.2 from albinoman or from a1-7 (sense-less), or a ViperS5 (Sense 5). No or few bugs at all, stability and speed... CM11 has to be improved a little to be considered a good daily driver.

mad.droid

Sep 26, 2013
Thanks for the tip. I will go for cm10.2 then. Android1-7's rom seems to be updated more frequtently so I chose that one.

IMHO don't install CM11 ROMs, then... They are not completely stable (camera doesn't work properly, and there are some bugs to be fixed).

Try a CM10.2 from albinoman or from a1-7 (sense-less), or a ViperS5 (Sense 5). No or few bugs at all, stability and speed... CM11 has to be improved a little to be considered a good daily driver.

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
As I always say when I address these kind of threads, your best option is always to test the ROMs for yourself and decide based on your findings.
This is always the most ideal option because only you will know what you truly want out of a ROM and everyone is simply giving opinions, which honestly have no impact on what you choose anyway.
What's ideal for you may be complete rubbish for someone else + there could be an amazing ROM which you miss out on due to the fact that no one suggested it.

As these threads generally lead to fanboy arguments, however, these kind of threads are against the rules.
Therefore, Thread Closed.

Regards,
- KidCarter93
Forum Moderator

Reactions: jayc137 and Pis_Man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I always say when I address these kind of threads, your best option is always to test the ROMs for yourself and decide based on your findings.
    This is always the most ideal option because only you will know what you truly want out of a ROM and everyone is simply giving opinions, which honestly have no impact on what you choose anyway.
    What's ideal for you may be complete rubbish for someone else + there could be an amazing ROM which you miss out on due to the fact that no one suggested it.

As these threads generally lead to fanboy arguments, however, these kind of threads are against the rules.
    Therefore, Thread Closed.

Regards,
    - KidCarter93
    Forum Moderator
    sup guys! I was out of this dev section from a while (got a one x and now a one, HTC FTW) and now my GF got a sensation...
    I need a suggestion for a stable bugless rom with sweep2wake and toggles...the fastest you have...or she will leave me, because of the bugs I put in her phone..."you ruined my phone! I want my galaxy w back!! this phone has bugs!!!!" and throws things...

I was looking for albino's cm10.1 (since 10.2 is not so smooth and drains too much battery and cm11 is too buggy now), is there any other ROM I should look for?

hope I made you laugh with this post lol, I was joking about the leaving thing, but she's really pissed off because of my modding addiction...XD and I really need help, I don't know how roms are.

thank you all guys
    The best experience, fastest work, best battery ARHD 7.3 with Sultan kernel.
    Thanx mate, but...I mean...a bit outdated...sense 3.6 looks pretty ugly now xD "use a launcher!" all right, all right...
    Thanks anyway

Sense 3.6 is the last one that looks like a real Sense, everything later lost it's point.

Outdated-maybe, best working-definitely. You said you need something bugless. If you want something newer go with MIUI, it's 4.2.2, you have patched sultan kernel with ION for it (and it also works perfectly with the stock kernel).