Search This thread

paulove

Oct 7, 2008
Lier
I am having some issues with Google Play giving error 927 when updating/downloading apps.

This happens both on wifi and cellular.

Both on my Note 2 on Sammy rom and Desire on 4.2.2.

Is there anything I can do?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

amith007

Nov 9, 2010
New York
I have faced a similar problem long back.. I have done the below steps to recover..

Uninstall updates for Playstore
Clear data for Downlaod manager
Keep the phone connected to internet and reboot

after reboot wait for couple of minutes so that Playstore update will be installed properly.. Then try updating your apps..

jab476

Oct 7, 2010
Philadelphia
I've tried everything

I have tried evey solution that I could possible find to try and stop getting error 927. It's definitly linked to my google account/gmail. When I create a new gmail, everything works fine. Problem is all of my purchased apps are attached to gmail with 927 error. Someone please help. I'm desperate!!!! I have Verizon Galaxy S4. Doesn't matter what I wipe, if I'm rooted or not, or if I try using my account on my wife's S4... All give me error 927!!!

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
I have tried evey solution that I could possible find to try and stop getting error 927. It's definitly linked to my google account/gmail. When I create a new gmail, everything works fine. Problem is all of my purchased apps are attached to gmail with 927 error. Someone please help. I'm desperate!!!! I have Verizon Galaxy S4. Doesn't matter what I wipe, if I'm rooted or not, or if I try using my account on my wife's S4... All give me error 927!!!

Change your google password and all should work again.

paulove

Oct 7, 2008
Lier
It is a issue @ Google, nothing you can do on your phone to fix it. Contact Google support. I have a support case there, and need more people to bug them, so they have to fix it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

It is a issue @ Google, nothing you can do on your phone to fix it. Contact Google support. I have a support case there, and need more people to bug them, so they have to fix it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Ok so I called Google Play support, and they said was they are aware of the problem and have no resolution and I should try to search the web for others having the same problem and see if the found a fix. WTF....

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Ok so I called Google Play support, and they said was they are aware of the problem and have no resolution and I should try to search the web for others having the same problem and see if the found a fix. WTF....

and I found another thread with the same issue so it is starting to affect other people:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2627114

@mightykc

When did you start using your account on Google play? Did you use in on GB and before?

Yes its the same account I've had going all the way back to the first Android phone. It has gotten better. I ODIn'ed back from a 4.4.2 ROM to a custom 4.3 ROM and my market works most of the time. When it starts actign up I usually have to clear data/wipe caches, restart and wait a bit for it to resync my account. Kind of a pain, but working most of the time is better than none of the time.

paulove

Oct 7, 2008
Lier
Yes its the same account I've had going all the way back to the first Android phone. It has gotten better. I ODIn'ed back from a 4.4.2 ROM to a custom 4.3 ROM and my market works most of the time. When it starts actign up I usually have to clear data/wipe caches, restart and wait a bit for it to resync my account. Kind of a pain, but working most of the time is better than none of the time.

How are the Play store on the web working for you when signed in with the account you are having issues with. For me I have trouble loading in anything @all. Especially the top list, and my purchases.

I believe there are issues with older accounts that did not get updated/patched with new settings after ICS update, or the 3.0+ update of their store when it became Play Store and not Android market. When I use my other account all is ok, but there I have no purchased apps.

If you want you can find the 2.3.6 version of Market and replace the Play store and you will find that all issues are gone. Now I use Legazy Play store witch can be used together with normal play. Just need to push it to system/apps on 4.3 or system/priv-apps on 4.4.

Use all this advise at own risk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ReschDMD

Sep 17, 2014
Anyone have any luck with this/ age of Gmail accounts?

I just recently started having this issue on a stock GS4A on at&t. Maybe a week ago could not get updates and wrote it off as a busy server then realized this weekend I could not get anything new.

I tried every fix I could find on the forums and even a fix that the 2nd tier Google tech suggested (no different from the forum fixes other than including turning the automatic date/time on and off). Every method was a band-aid at best: one or two apps can come through before I get the 927 error or the DF-BPA-30 error. At least the error codes are consistent...

I honestly think this is related to the age of my account. I have had a Gmail account since 2007 or so when I believe it was still in beta. I am surmising that older accounts are on an older server or something that is having issues. I made two dummy accounts and could download anything I wanted, so there is nothing wrong with my handset or connections. The temporary work-around I am using is adding a secondary gmail account and adding any apps through it, while still using primary for mail, contacts, and calendar. I am not a heavy user, so it works, but I should not have to patch it together like this!

So- anyone who is getting this error; how long have you been a Google user? Anyone else tried "old vs new" for a cause of the error?

When I replied to the 2nd tier tech I told him his method did not work, but asked to look into the account itself. I'll update if I have anything to say.

Last edited:

paulove

Oct 7, 2008
Lier
I just recently started having this issue on a stock GS4A on at&t. Maybe a week ago could not get updates and wrote it off as a busy server then realized this weekend I could not get anything new.

I tried every fix I could find on the forums and even a fix that the 2nd tier Google tech suggested (no different from the forum fixes other than including turning the automatic date/time on and off). Every method was a band-aid at best: one or two apps can come through before I get the 927 error or the DF-BPA-30 error. At least the error codes are consistent...

I honestly think this is related to the age of my account. I have had a Gmail account since 2007 or so when I believe it was still in beta. I am surmising that older accounts are on an older server or something that is having issues. I made two dummy accounts and could download anything I wanted, so there is nothing wrong with my handset or connections. The temporary work-around I am using is adding a secondary gmail account and adding any apps through it, while still using primary for mail, contacts, and calendar. I am not a heavy user, so it works, but I should not have to patch it together like this!

So- anyone who is getting this error; how long have you been a Google user? Anyone else tried "old vs new" for a cause of the error?

When I replied to the 2nd tier tech I told him his method did not work, but asked to look into the account itself. I'll update if I have anything to say.

Ask to get your case transferred to apps division. There I got real help. They are really good. And have helped me a lot.

Last edited:
There are two possible methods to solve error 927 on android:

Method 1:

Go to settings>>”All”>>Select “Google Play Store”
Now Force Stop>>Clear Data>>Clear Cache
Now again try downloading or updating the app
If the above didn’t work, go to settings>>”All”>>Select “Google Play Store”>>Uninstall Updates
Again, from “All”>> Select “Download Manager”>>Clear Data and Cache
Rerun Google Play Store and install/update your app or game

Method 2:

Go to system settings>> Accounts>>Google>>remove your Gmail account
Now from settings>>Apps>>All> Force stop, Clear data and cache for Google Play Store, Google Service Framework and Download Manager (like in method 1)
Now again go to settings>> Accounts>>Google>>Add your gmail account
Restart your android and then accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings
Rerun Google Play Store and update or install your app.

Inforaid

Feb 17, 2015
www.inforaid.com
How to Fix Error 927 in Android

Free Some Space on your device
Clear data and cache files of Google Play Store
Stop or Uninstall Google Play Store (Updates)
Add New Gmail Account
Hope it helped you....:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have faced a similar problem long back.. I have done the below steps to recover..

Uninstall updates for Playstore
    Clear data for Downlaod manager
    Keep the phone connected to internet and reboot

after reboot wait for couple of minutes so that Playstore update will be installed properly.. Then try updating your apps..