Unable to do Factory reset on Shpongle Rom

Search This thread

aumshethia

Nov 23, 2013
Mumbai - Thane
Hi, I am unable to perform a factory reset on my HTC One v running Shpongle rom.
I went to setting -> Backup and reset -> Factory data reset -> Reset phone
Then i click Erase everything, but nothing happens :(

Please help me out.

aumshethia

Nov 23, 2013
Mumbai - Thane
Have you tried resetting from the bootloader?
No, haven't tried via bootloader.
I am not sure how safe is that, I mean i dont have my rom backup and i don't wanna mess and brick my phone trying something that i am not confident of.
So please tell me if Factory reset is safe vua bootloader ? I mean i won't have to install ROM and Kernal stuff again right ? Just a simple Factory reset and my phone will roar back to life after format ? Right ?

Check out this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2243318
This makes me think twice before attempting reset via bootloader.

Last edited:

b3zCesr

Nov 29, 2012
I am not sure how safe is that, I mean i dont have my rom backup and i don't wanna mess and brick my phone trying something that i am not confident of.
So please tell me if Factory reset is safe vua bootloader ? I mean i won't have to install ROM and Kernal stuff again right ? Just a simple Factory reset and my phone will roar back to life after format ? Right ?

I tried it just for you. :D
Answer: it does nothing hahaha phone just restarted and all my data etc. is still there.

Reactions: aumshethia

aumshethia

Nov 23, 2013
Mumbai - Thane
Answer: it does nothing hahaha phone just restarted and all my data etc. is still there.

Hey man, I appreciate you going beyond the line for helping me out by performing a factory reset yourself ! Seriously, Thank you bro.
Haha, since it does nothing, i am glad you didn't have to take pains of reconfiguring everything after reset :).

The primary reason i wanted to perform reset was, lately i am getting error "System UI stopped" and really runs low on ram.

mrcorey

Mar 12, 2012
Instead of reset, try going to recovery and choose fix permissions. That should help that problem to go away

Looks like the comment that this was a reply to has been cleaned from the thread. Sorry for adding to the ot

Sent from my Moto G

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.