[Q] Atrix 4G 2.3.4 touch screen somtimes not working

Search This thread

lzylbl

Jan 3, 2011
sometimes my touch screen doesn't work and I need to lock the phone and unlock then works again.

is this software or hardware problem? If it is hardware, why I lock+unlock it works again?

but I have tried different ROMS, all have this problem.

iRobby

Jul 15, 2011
Do your capacitive buttons go unresponsive as well?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

iRobby

Jul 15, 2011
Im having the same issue.
I flashed megabase... im still having the same issue tho.
I didn't full wipe tho. I really don't want to but ill try later and i'll let you know if a full wipe helps

Sent from my MB860.

spiderx_mm

Bump!

same thing happening to my Atrix. sometimes, even lock/unlock scenario is not working. I have to pull the battery. That's really annoying.

I tried the full wipe, it helped in some way, the frequency dropped but the problem is not completely gone.

Any idea to fix?

ccrows

Aug 14, 2010
Is this issue happening to you guys on stock fw too?...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Alcapone263

Jul 28, 2011
Yokosuka, Japan
Sounds like you screwed up your pds partition while flashing a ROM. Just search this forum for pds partition fix and follow the instructions in that thread.
Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

spiderx_mm

Sounds like you screwed up your pds partition while flashing a ROM. Just search this forum for pds partition fix and follow the instructions in that thread.
Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

ႊTried that PDS fix a few weeks ago. It indeed fixed the screen issue, but after flashing that pds thing, my wifi is no longer working. :( any way to fix it pls?

lleej

Nov 11, 2011
Okay Well Ive Had Two Atrix's that have had this problem. I believe that this is a Hardware problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

crnkoj

Feb 16, 2011
Bah, this happened to me aswell, it's a hardware problem with the digitizer. Download the app touch test and check for dead spots with it.

robertlawson225

May 11, 2011
i have this problem too im on cm7 and i saved my pds back when i unlocked my bootloader and reflashing it does nothing. it will sometimes have no response when the screen is locked, it wont wake up the red led is lit, but just very dim battery pull is the only way to recover any ideas.

iRobby

Jul 15, 2011
It's covered by the factory warranty, my phone is gonna be in the mail by friday I hope

Sent from my CM860 ;)

getyroks

Apr 5, 2011
Just make an account with MOTOROLA and go to GET HELP tab-->SERVICE MY PRODUCT--> and follow accordingly..

It should be covered under warranty
Mine is hopefully in the mail by Monday... YAY!!!

V DidDy 210

Jul 10, 2007
NY
happened to me too. sent back to ATT was a bit nervous because I unlocked the bootloader, but lo and behold no issues (like always)

it got progressively worse, touch test showed the center wasn't responding, then more and more and more until I couldn't touch a thing (I had since switched to a backup)

got my replacement, all is well.

I did notice that this seemed to have happened after I started spending considerable amount of time playing the game "R-Type" obviously the app didn't do it, but it has touch controls that require you to keep your finger pressed on the center of the screen for a prolonged time, just food for thought.

bluesteve3

Jul 23, 2012
have the same problem, its very annoying. try going on to stock rom for about a week then switch back to what ever rom you want and then see what happens.