What do you think Its worth?

Search This thread

pcidiot

Oct 30, 2010
Well today by accident my phone got ran over. I had taken it out of pocket because really its to big to keep in pocket an crouch all the way down to work on a car. Its okay its just the repeated up and down with the shifting in pocket puts it in some tight situations that could cause the screen to snap. Well I set it on the hood of the car, fixed what needed to be fixed with the car. I then test drove it forgetting I had left the phone on the hood of car. I remembered when I seen it fly off. I went back to get it. Parked put my flashers on. I could see my phone it was fine as it had a case on it. It was 10ft from me. Some **** head didn't even slow down I tried to stop him, but yeah not jumping in front of a car going 55mph or so. Ran over it front and back tires. Well phone works had someone call me. But the screen is shattered and digitizer is destroyed can't see anything on screen to answer phone or use it. So what do you think its worth? Back of it is still mint, camera lens and all.

brivette007

Oct 30, 2010
Akron, OH
Wow that really sucks. I agree it's really not worth anything - you can probably sell the back cover, battery, and the case -- if they're in good shape.

But you should see if you can get a replacement -- warranty almost never covers damage like this, but you never know...

yoonus

Jun 18, 2013
Morrisville
Did you buy with credit card? Some CC provide damage coverage for 90 days.

See http://www.mastercard.us/card-benefits/

Purchase Assurance

Provides coverage for most items you purchase with your eligible MasterCard card if the item is damaged or stolen within 90 days of the date of purchase.

http://usa.visa.com/signature/bac/benefits/purchase-security.jsp

Purchase Security

Shop with confidence. Many Visa Signature card purchases are protected against theft or damage for the first 90 days from the date of purchase.

pcidiot

Oct 30, 2010
Did you buy with credit card?

Nope, I used a Visa based debit card. I kinda figured it would be worth around $200 still as it just needs a digitizer and LCD. It still works other wise receiving calls buttons light up, and it vibrates still. I will have to see if At&t can do anything for me but I doubt it.

Update: It will cost me $232.00 to have Samsung fix the phone. Doing some math, the phone must be worth closer to $400 still.

Last edited: