Rooted Sprint GS3 wont take OTA 4.4

Search This thread

portside

May 27, 2014
The 4.4 update downloaded but when I ask it to install it does nothing stays at 4.3.
Very new at this so I will need some kind of tutorial.
Rooted using PhilZ Touch 6 - CWM Base Version 6.0.4.5.
Thanks

burghfan3

Jun 13, 2012
You have a custom recovery. It won't install

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

JoHnNYBlaZE716

Dec 31, 2013
Buffalo
You can use this
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2738533
You'll have to flash a custom recovery when your done and then flash the SuperSU zip file to reroot. I personally recommend philz latest.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S3 rocking Bilgerryans Wicked X ROM with the fluidity script, Tweaked out with a bunch of xposed modules, powered by Ktoonsez KT747 Kernel!!

Reactions: portside

DigiPimp75

Feb 23, 2014

Yeah I flashed the Philz recovery myself and it was pretty easy. My first time using it and I definitely think it's the way to go so far.

Xanafuego

Sep 7, 2011
I'm having this problem too, I don't consider myself a noob, but my wife is sick she's pregnant and I have 3 daughters under 6. I have searched the forums until my eyes full with blood. I have a virgin mobile galaxy s3 rooted using clockwork mod custom recovery. Twice now they have offered to 4.4 update, frankly, I want to take it and unroot, I want the new update and I will root it again myself later. But both times it fails. Aborted. I have gathered in the threads its something to do with my custom recovery when I need it spelled out more than that. I've been working 19 hours a day and I'm a bit delirious. What can I do to make the update go through I don't care losing root. And my friends I'm sorry but I have looked everywhere for the answer and I am just exhausted with 2 jobs in a baby on the way. I apologize in advance can someone spell out for me what I should do I do not have a p_c or a computer can I do this from the phone? Is there a custom recovery or method I can do so the update will take? It gets more confusing more I read.. This time in from the little bit of research I have found I do not know if the update is still on my phone or not? I can't find it? They have offered it to me twice and when I check for the update in the update menu it is gone. I hope Samsung and virgin does not stop offering it because as crazy as it sounds I want a 4.4 stock unrooted.rooted I hope the ota is still on here. Can someone help me? You guys are awesome for years I've been looking at these threads and I rarely have to post because it's all spelled out. But this time I need a little help from my friends. Virgin Mobile galaxy s3 4.3 knoxed up clockworkmod custom recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Xanafuego

Sep 7, 2011
haha yes it looks like I did. Thought I deleted when I'm home but I guess I did not. 1 of the cool people over at phandroid sent me a message and helped me out. I think some of the folks in these communities are so nice and awesome! Much better than it used to be. You don't run into too many lifeless little loser twits as often as we use to. People, while in their mom and dads basement, complain and agonize over things like misspelling, semantics, double postings, ect. :) I wish I could un poste now here in XDA, as I've got it figured out, for the most part lol. I don't have a lot of time to play with my secondary phone because like I said I've got 3 little girls and a demanding job. MK5... 4.3 for the gs3 will go down in history as an odd, and strange little experience lol but thanks to everyone else out there who have posted and commented and help me endless time under my other IDs, and especially to all the folks who were so descriptive I never had to ask a single question at all!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can use this
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2738533
    You'll have to flash a custom recovery when your done and then flash the SuperSU zip file to reroot. I personally recommend philz latest.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S3 rocking Bilgerryans Wicked X ROM with the fluidity script, Tweaked out with a bunch of xposed modules, powered by Ktoonsez KT747 Kernel!!