bricked, broke, something

Search This thread

jpwhre

Aug 3, 2008
Tucson
running RUU on rooted phone gives me failure to connect thru usb. fastboot oem lock relocked my device and RUU tells me i need to be above 30% to flash, and i'm at 70%

fastboot................unlock token fails
device starts at splash screen with red text and wont continue past
restoring last rom successful, but wont boot past red text
push rom to device fastboot flash zip rom.zip just hangs (i have done this many times in past, it will say failed, too big of file and then ends up working any way.
fastboot oem rebootRUU works, but stil wont flash RUU says battery is dead and it's not

tried usb 2.0 and 3.0 with no luck been running rom that is no longer suported and the updated version that worked best has been deleted from server, so i want to go back to stock. i've tried other roms and was not happy so i just want stock back.

current, relocked boot loader, still have TWRP recovery, s-off, custom firmware, and all that works even though i'm (again) relocked boot loader, and i can't unlock it says faild when trying to flash unlock token

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
running RUU on rooted phone gives me failure to connect thru usb. fastboot oem lock relocked my device and RUU tells me i need to be above 30% to flash, and i'm at 70%

fastboot................unlock token fails
device starts at splash screen with red text and wont continue past
restoring last rom successful, but wont boot past red text
push rom to device fastboot flash zip rom.zip just hangs (i have done this many times in past, it will say failed, too big of file and then ends up working any way.
fastboot oem rebootRUU works, but stil wont flash RUU says battery is dead and it's not

tried usb 2.0 and 3.0 with no luck been running rom that is no longer suported and the updated version that worked best has been deleted from server, so i want to go back to stock. i've tried other roms and was not happy so i just want stock back.

current, relocked boot loader, still have TWRP recovery, s-off, custom firmware, and all that works even though i'm (again) relocked boot loader, and i can't unlock it says faild when trying to flash unlock token
Backup all of your data to your PC, HTC Backup or Google, then do a factory reset. Now, try to flash the stock firmware first then the RUU from this site.

jpwhre

Aug 3, 2008
Tucson
Backup all of your data to your PC, HTC Backup or Google, then do a factory reset. Now, try to flash the stock firmware first then the RUU from this site.
i can't, bootloader show locked, and splash screen shows unlocked and it doesn't go past splash screen.

photo_zps11cd0350.jpg

Screenshot2014-08-26213418_zps8d7f2747.png

Screenshot2014-08-26215126_zpse86cc108.png

all fast boot commands work and when phone was running all adb commands worked, problem is i have a locked bootloader ( image above ) and un unlocked bootloader ( image below ) at same time

bf60fa26-5c98-452b-bbac-84672c31c22a_zps85686612.jpg

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
i can't, bootloader show locked, and splash screen shows unlocked and it doesn't go past splash screen.

all fast boot commands work and when phone was running all adb commands worked, problem is i have a locked bootloader ( image above ) and un unlocked bootloader ( image below ) at same time
The splash screen has the warning because you have a custom recovery installed not because the bootloader is unlocked. Try to flash the stock firmware with the instructions in the OP. When it flashes, the red warning will go away. Since you are in the bootloader, try to get to factory reset. It may help clear up some of your issues and allow you flash the RUU.

jpwhre

Aug 3, 2008
Tucson
The splash screen has the warning because you have a custom recovery installed not because the bootloader is unlocked. Try to flash the stock firmware with the instructions in the OP. When it flashes, the red warning will go away. Since you are in the bootloader, try to get to factory reset. It may help clear up some of your issues and allow you flash the RUU.

Nothing, i tried flashing TWRP official instead of modified one i've been running from here, i tried flashing 4.3 firmware, i tried flashing 5 firmware ( on modified version of that from OMJ ) and nothing worked

Final attempt was to bypass the htc driver installer i have and install htc sync. Phone started right up after that. Now to restore to stock ( attempt again )