[Q] Possible Brick?

Search This thread

overkil6

Oct 12, 2010
All,

I updated to the latest RebelRom today but had an issue with the email client so tried to re-flash the previous version (forgot to make a backup...). Somehow during this re-flash the phone rebooted so the flashing never took.

Now when I go into recovery(TWRP) I get the TWRP splash screen and then it boot loops.

I've tried flashing the recovery again (2.4.0.0) and flashing the boot.img again however this continues to happen.

I tried a factory reset and it too just boot loops on me.

Any suggestions or is this bricked good?

a box of kittens

Jan 24, 2013
san fran california
All,

I updated to the latest RebelRom today but had an issue with the email client so tried to re-flash the previous version (forgot to make a backup...). Somehow during this re-flash the phone rebooted so the flashing never took.

Now when I go into recovery(TWRP) I get the TWRP splash screen and then it boot loops.

I've tried flashing the recovery again (2.4.0.0) and flashing the boot.img again however this continues to happen.

Ruu and start over

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Shouldnt have to ruu.. Download latest twrp. Verify checksum. Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img then download clean rom or viper put on sd, wipe cache, dalvik, system, factory reset in twrp and install rom.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

overkil6

Oct 12, 2010
Shouldnt have to ruu.. Download latest twrp. Verify checksum. Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img then download clean rom or viper put on sd, wipe cache, dalvik, system, factory reset in twrp and install rom.

I can flash the recovery fine but I can't get into recovery. Just the splash screen then it reboots to the HTC screen and loops.

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
I can flash the recovery fine but I can't get into recovery. Just the splash screen then it reboots to the HTC screen and loops.

If it's boot looping then you're not flashing recovery just fine.... If recovery flashed fine then when you select recovery from the bootloader, it would boot to recovery..

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

Factory reset is not what you think it is. It just formats the user partition. If the ROM is not properly flashed, factory reset isn't going to help. Common mistake, since the term "factory reset" is a bit of a misnomer. It implies that it returns the phone to factory condition, which is quite often not the case.

Reactions: exad

arunkarnwal1981

Feb 21, 2011
Haryana
hi

All,

try to do
Fastboot erase cache

then again install recovery, may be it work for you.

Reactions: overkil6

Wesley.

Feb 14, 2013
Do the following:

Turn your HTC On.
Holdbfhe power for 15-20 seconds.
Release, when the device flashes.
Press and hold the volume down button.
Press the power button for 3 seconds, and release.
Keep your finger on the volume down button.
This should take you to bootloader, download the latest
TWRP For your HTC.
Flash it with fast boot flash recovery twrp.Evita.version here.IMG

You should now be able to enter Recovery. I suggest getting the Avatar ROM, experiencing no current errors IMO If this has worked, please reply.

Reactions: goldman007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Factory reset is not what you think it is. It just formats the user partition. If the ROM is not properly flashed, factory reset isn't going to help. Common mistake, since the term "factory reset" is a bit of a misnomer. It implies that it returns the phone to factory condition, which is quite often not the case.
    hi

All,

try to do
    Fastboot erase cache

Do the following:

Turn your HTC On.
    Holdbfhe power for 15-20 seconds.
    Release, when the device flashes.
    Press and hold the volume down button.
    Press the power button for 3 seconds, and release.
    Keep your finger on the volume down button.
    This should take you to bootloader, download the latest
    TWRP For your HTC.
    Flash it with fast boot flash recovery twrp.Evita.version here.IMG

You should now be able to enter Recovery. I suggest getting the Avatar ROM, experiencing no current errors IMO If this has worked, please reply.
    try to do
    Fastboot erase cache

Found this tidbit elsewhere and it indeed worked! Thanks!