ALL IN ONE THREAD[Updated 12/3/13]Read me first!

Search This thread

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Re: README![Updated 16/1/13][Q&A][ALL IN ONE Xperia T/TX/TL/V Collection] All Welcome

It does not matter which old firmware you down grade to, your are only doing that in order to root, you should then upgrade back via OTA following the thread by black97one to keep root

Sent from my LT30p xda premium app.
How do I customise the signature on xda premium app?

Reactions: encrypt3d

encrypt3d

Feb 7, 2013
It does not matter which old firmware you down grade to, your are only doing that in order to root, you should then upgrade back via OTA following the thread by black97one to keep root

Sent from my LT30p xda premium app.
How do I customise the signature on xda premium app?

the thing is i flashed a taiwan rom and my was originally for middle east,, flashed the 307,rooted it, then recieved 197 as ota update, and rooted successfully. but when i search for an update again it doesn't tell me there's any..despite the fact that tx has a 212 newer firmware(which is the one i was before downgrading).. now how can i upgrade to 212 without losing root? and no, there's no 212 via OTA..

Last edited:

kyfho

Jul 25, 2007
Melbourne
Hi all. I have an Xperia TX that I have not been able to unlock bootloader on - I can only assume that when the info in the service menu says "bootloader unlock allowed = No" that I can't really do anything - I have tried to find a firmware that I can download to downgrade the bootloader but cannot find one that will do so...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:confused::confused::confused:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Hi all. I have an Xperia TX that I have not been able to unlock bootloader on - I can only assume that when the info in the service menu says "bootloader unlock allowed = No" that I can't really do anything - I have tried to find a firmware that I can download to downgrade the bootloader but cannot find one that will do so...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:confused::confused::confused:

If it says no then you cannot unlock the bootloader. There us no way around that...

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
Greg,
Thank you for the link to my recovery thread in your fantastic ALL-IN-ONE encyclopedia thread.
Hopefully we will keep seeing posts like this one I just found ;)
Got it working.thanks alot

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

profchaos1981

Feb 6, 2013
so this is my phone info ..
how can i tell if its branded or unbranded , routed or unrooted and the most important what is the correct rom in order to reflash it.

I went to the rom section that you adviced me in order to download 4.0.4 but it has too many roms from carriers or generic.I dont want to choose a wrong one and brick my phone.:rolleyes:
According to my phone info what is the correct rom to choose and how can i identify it from now on. This thread is a bless indeed. :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-10-21-03-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-10-21-03-00.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 106

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
so this is my phone info ..
how can i tell if its branded or unbranded
Does it have apps from your provider or not
it will be rooted if you rooted it, otherwise it will not be
and the most important what is the correct rom in order to reflash it.
You tell us, what do you want to flash?
I went to the rom section that you adviced me in order to download 4.0.4 but it has too many roms from carriers or generic.I dont want to choose a wrong one and brick my phone.:rolleyes:
According to my phone info what is the correct rom to choose and how can i identify it from now on. This thread is a bless indeed. :good:
Why do you want to download 4.0.4? you are on a newer firmware now. You need to let us know exactly what you want to do..

1. Do you want to root?
2. Do you want to unlock the bootloader?
3. Do you want a custom or stock based ROM?

profchaos1981

Feb 6, 2013
i dont want to root either to unlock the bootloader.
My phone came clean.No boot logos or apps from any carrier.So its unbranded.

The fact is that i want to go back to my factory default rom for testing purposes. Just to check the battery management and fast dormancy ..
I am pretty sure that H+ was holding more than 10 seconds when there was not data trafic in 4.0.4.
Now with JB when there is no data trafic changes in a few seconds(less than 10) from H+ to 3g to preserve battery...that causes a minor lag when data trafic occurs and changes back to H+ .

My goal is to get back to my stock firmware.The state before updating to JB .
I just want it to do it with clean install.

is it the same if i do it with repair option from pc companion or bridge (mac) ?
If so there is no need to mess with flashing custom roms .
thank you once more.

lewdvig

Dec 10, 2012
I should have checked the service menu instead of buying my Xperia T in good faith, but I didn't and now have a phone with zero attempts left to sim-unlock it. I believe the only solution is to have the carrier unlock it or Sony. Neither of those things is likely.

So is it safe to say I am hooped?

I think I know the answer, but people are figuring out new methods all the time... :silly:

chrisleon32

Feb 14, 2013
Do you lose data when you root the TL?

Okay so i looked and nobody asked or told if you lose data rooting the TL. If they did then it all got lost in this entirely fattened thread. So I am going to assume that apparently you don't?

IF you do lose data, which data do you lose?

What can you backup?

And how can you back it up?

thank you:confused:

Mad Marty

Jan 20, 2011
Re: README![Updated 16/1/13][Q&A][ALL IN ONE Xperia T/TX/TL/V Collection] All Welcome

Okay so i looked and nobody asked or told if you lose data rooting the TL. If they did then it all got lost in this entirely fattened thread. So I am going to assume that apparently you don't?

IF you do lose data, which data do you lose?

What can you backup?

And how can you back it up?

thank you:confused:

For root, you only need to flash an unsecure kernel an possibly a superuser app. No need to wipe anything but dalvik. For installing custom ROMs, it is preferred to wipe. You'll loose everything, as if you had performed a factory reset. Your apps + data, text messages, call list, etc can be back upped by e.g. Titanium Backup or My backup. A backup of your original ROM can be made with Flashtool, see the All-in-One-thread.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Spectre51

For root, you only need to flash an unsecure kernel an possibly a superuser app. No need to wipe anything but dalvik. For installing custom ROMs, it is preferred to wipe. You'll loose everything, as if you had performed a factory reset. Your apps + data, text messages, call list, etc can be back upped by e.g. Titanium Backup or My backup. A backup of your original ROM can be made with Flashtool, see the All-in-One-thread.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

For the TL you can't flash kernels because the bootloader can't be unlocked.

No you do not lose data rooting the TL.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ ion

zaky1

Jan 31, 2011
Toronto
after i rooted how i can go back to the official rom (rogers) thanks. Because in the instruction I have to flash file in zip form from CWM not a .tft form

S0UND.w4v

Feb 16, 2013
Sacramento
:'(

If it says no then you cannot unlock the bootloader. There us no way around that...
It blows my mind to think that it is impossible.. How could a work around or something not exist or have not been found by now.. Why has Sony done this to us..::crying::crying::crying:

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Is there any hope? Or is it something that simply isnt possible ever for whatever reason. Normally if it can be engineered it can be reverse engineered. But idk much about all this phone and crap so idk. Should I return the phone before my 2 week trial period with it is over or hang onto it and wait till a work around comes out? Thanks

cartmenicus

Nov 27, 2011
British columbia

It blows my mind to think that it is impossible.. How could a work around or something not exist or have not been found by now.. Why has Sony done this to us..::crying::crying::crying:

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Is there any hope? Or is it something that simply isnt possible ever for whatever reason. Normally if it can be engineered it can be reverse engineered. But idk much about all this phone and crap so idk. Should I return the phone before my 2 week trial period with it is over or hang onto it and wait till a work around comes out? Thanks

Evebtually there will be a mwthod hopefully soon if you want return and wait for z a **** ton of development will be availablebfor that

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

S0UND.w4v

Feb 16, 2013
Sacramento
Z?

Is that a new Sony?

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Will it be in the USA? I'm AT&T btw

Top Liked Posts