[Q] textured "grip" replacement battery door?

Search This thread
I'm looking for a replacement battery door (stock battery) that is unobtrusive, doesn't reduce signal or GPS, and is a bit less slippery than the stock one.
I found one with pleather texture in black on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Leather-Housing-Battery-Door-Back-Cover-for-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-2-II-N7100-/190901629604?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item2c729fb2a4]
The ad states Fit Note 2 / N7100 global version only
I'd thought the outer parts of the N7100 and I317 were identical (so this might work), but maybe I got that wrong(?)
So, any idea if this'll fit and / or got a different replacement door that'll work. Really just looking for textured plastic like my ancient Galaxy SII.
Thanks!

I'd check further to see if it has NFC connects and if they line up - if that matters to you.
Ah! there's an NFC antenna in the battery door (and I'm an idiot for not having noticed). Sam did something similar but the GPS antenna with the S4G and the GPS on that phone was a constant letdown.
It also makes sense that this would differ between the various Note2 versions as they vary in radios, so different antennas.

Yes, if you wouldn't mind checking - I use NFC tags for some Tasker actions. I'm guessing the contacts won't line up, hence the eBay seller's comment.
Thanks!

Ah! there's an NFC antenna in the battery door (and I'm an idiot for not having noticed). Sam did something similar but the GPS antenna with the S4G and the GPS on that phone was a constant letdown.
It also makes sense that this would differ between the various Note2 versions as they vary in radios, so different antennas.

Yes, if you wouldn't mind checking - I use NFC tags for some Tasker actions. I'm guessing the contacts won't line up, hence the eBay seller's comment.
Thanks!
Well... when I said "I'd", I meant "You'd" ... ;)

But I will offer this - here's a similar listing for the stock back cover for the i317 (compare this to the picture in the seller's listing):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Battery...17-Grey-with-NFC-/130859205705#ht_2692wt_1273

Note that it has two metal contacts lacking from the international version. I don't know if that matters but given that they are integrated with the antenna, and the phone has corresponding contacts, I would expect so.

Maybe a slim case with a similar surface material would be another option?

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
Or you can mod your back cover.

Sand the back a bit and spray rhino liner on it ( it's grip)

Or use a fabric

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!
    Well... when I said "I'd", I meant "You'd" ... ;)

But I will offer this - here's a similar listing for the stock back cover for the i317 (compare this to the picture in the seller's listing):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Battery...17-Grey-with-NFC-/130859205705#ht_2692wt_1273

Note that it has two metal contacts lacking from the international version. I don't know if that matters but given that they are integrated with the antenna, and the phone has corresponding contacts, I would expect so.

Maybe a slim case with a similar surface material would be another option?