[APP][ROOT]DiskUsage (hardware rendering, honeycomb support) (last update: 30 May)

Search This thread

ivan.volosyuk

Dec 12, 2010
What is DiskUsage:
It is a way to find memory hogs on storage card using graphical representation of directories/subdirectories/files proportional to their size on storage card.

What's new:
- implemented hardware OpenGL renderer
- support for Honeycomb tablets
- different filtering to display apps2sd

Todo:
- integration with root explorer

Changes
3.0alpha: honeycomb support and OpenGL renderer

OLD:
2.1.2: fixed CM7 support, available on market
2.1: submitted to market
2.1alpha8: fixed crash bug for orientation change in App Storage
2.1alpha7: improved multi-touch, it is possible to continue zooming in or out holding one finger down
2.1alpha6: elastic horizontal zoom
2.1alpha5: automatic fall-back to original scanning algorithm if native scanning doesn't work.
3.0alpha4: hide by default list of mounts which require root. Ability to customize the list of mounts.
3.0alpha3: correctly handing nested mount points (/sdcard, /sdcard/emmc)
3.0alpha2: slightly better diagnostics and finding 'su' and 'chmod' binaries.

Attachments

• DiskUsage-3_0alpha2.apk
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,279
Last edited:

eliasadrian

Nov 8, 2010
SLC, UT
Super interesting and after getting used to how you navigate the app I love it. It was def weird at first, haha.

Sent from my HTC Glacier (MT4G) using XDA App

the_ape

May 30, 2005
www.nakedcleaner.com
Fails on my dhd as well.

Java.lang.runtimeexception
No more details ()

Did have the su pop-up for allowing though.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

djfoo000

Jan 26, 2010
This app is awesome. Downloaded from Market. Pinch zoom perfectly implemented. Now I know where to find files to delete to make space for my SD card. No SU pop-up though.

sonoftobit

Dec 10, 2010
Munich
@ivan.volosyuk
Your version can't read an ext partition, correct? Because that is the main thing that the original DiskUsage app is missing from my point of you.

4D4N

Feb 14, 2010
Paris
Good

works flawlessly on my HD2 with HyperDroid-CM7-v1.0.4[a2sd+][CyanogenMod7 2.3.3][Tytung_R8.3]
Great
Merci

mwaters33

May 13, 2010
Fairhope
This is what I've been wanting! So far it's working great on my droid x, bit I will continue to play and let you know if I have any issues. Thanks for the work.

ivan.volosyuk

Dec 12, 2010
Fails on my dhd as well.

Java.lang.runtimeexception
No more details ()

Did have the su pop-up for allowing though.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

More details should be in logcat. Could you send me the exception messages. You can find them using aLogcat program on market, or 'adb logcat'

dude works great with app storage but when i choose storage card i recieve
java.IOException;
Error running exce(). ...

HTC desire CM7 RC4

The same. Please send me exception trace as personal message. I am using native part to do scanning from now on and it is not tested well yet. You can try market version of diskusage, it should work fine with storage card.

@ivan.volosyuk
Your version can't read an ext partition, correct? Because that is the main thing that the original DiskUsage app is missing from my point of you.
This version should be able to read ext partitions as well, using 'su' to get full access. That's the change I'm working on right now. As you can see there are some incompatibilities, but I haven't seen a stack trace for any of them yet, so didn't have a chance to make fixes.

sonoftobit

Dec 10, 2010
Munich
This version should be able to read ext partitions as well, using 'su' to get full access. That's the change I'm working on right now. As you can see there are some incompatibilities, but I haven't seen a stack trace for any of them yet, so didn't have a chance to make fixes.

Ok. I'll give it a try. Being able to read an ext partition would really do it for me. Keep up the good work. :)

ivan.volosyuk

Dec 12, 2010
This app is awesome. Downloaded from Market. Pinch zoom perfectly implemented. Now I know where to find files to delete to make space for my SD card. No SU pop-up though.
Market version doesn't have the 'su' support, I'm still working on it. It seems it is gray area with lots of custom roms with lots of differences between them.

ahmedsalem89

Feb 25, 2010
Amazing App, Working great on my HD2 running HyperDroidGBX-v11
Zooming in it is such a beauty.

Last edited:

B1nny

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2008
thnx man!

works great on a htc hero running 2.3 sense ui :D

managed to free 3 gigs of space :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is DiskUsage:
    It is a way to find memory hogs on storage card using graphical representation of directories/subdirectories/files proportional to their size on storage card.

What's new:
    - implemented hardware OpenGL renderer
    - support for Honeycomb tablets
    - different filtering to display apps2sd

Todo:
    - integration with root explorer

Changes
    3.0alpha: honeycomb support and OpenGL renderer

OLD:
    2.1.2: fixed CM7 support, available on market
    2.1: submitted to market
    2.1alpha8: fixed crash bug for orientation change in App Storage
    2.1alpha7: improved multi-touch, it is possible to continue zooming in or out holding one finger down
    2.1alpha6: elastic horizontal zoom
    2.1alpha5: automatic fall-back to original scanning algorithm if native scanning doesn't work.
    3.0alpha4: hide by default list of mounts which require root. Ability to customize the list of mounts.
    3.0alpha3: correctly handing nested mount points (/sdcard, /sdcard/emmc)
    3.0alpha2: slightly better diagnostics and finding 'su' and 'chmod' binaries.
    This looks rather interesting... I'll have a look now. ;)

EDIT: This is exactly what I've been looking for, works perfectly so far on my Galaxy S
    Works great on Motorola Cliq running Jr0dd's 1.6 (Eclair).

Cliq doesn't have multitouch, but zooming with single touches works fine. Was able to explore /system, /data, /sd-ext and so on. "Show" on directories integrates nicely with Astro.

Only small oddness I saw is "show" on apps will try to reinstall the app. Not sure if this is the intended behavior (I was kind of expecting it to run the app.)

Show on apps supposed to display system information about the app, which allows to cleanup data, cache in some cases. Are you sure it tries to re-install app?