USB Host does nothing? :(

Search This thread

enp82003

Oct 27, 2010
So my USB host wire came today! i plugged in my flash drive and nothing... No messages no LED lights... nothing.... I tried plugging in a keyboard and nothing happen either... I am using calkulins e4gt 2.9. I tried looking in the ROM's thread with the search feature I found someone asking the same question but no replies...
Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

ImaWinRAR

Sep 19, 2011
Chicago
USB host support has not been included in any ROMs/kernels as of today. hopefully some devs start to take an interest (like jamcar, who is trying to get it working on his DARKSTAR rom) but DO NOT pester the devs for this tho, if you ask once and it goes ignored, leave it.

Last edited:

enp82003

Oct 27, 2010
Last edited:

enp82003

Oct 27, 2010
USB host support has not been included in any ROMs/kernels as of today. hopefully some devs start to take an interest (like jamcar, who is trying to get it working on his DARKSTAR rom) but DO NOT pester the devs for this tho, if you ask once and it goes ignored, leave it.

I won't and thank you as for the stock firmware does it have the USB host feature?

ImaWinRAR

Sep 19, 2011
Chicago
I won't and thank you as for the stock firmware does it have the USB host feature?

if by stock firmware you mean Android 2.3.x i dont believe so - it was only working with the initial stock firmware for the int'l version at release then for whatever reason Samsung decided to disable the feature and every update after that had it disabled. but from conversing with jamcar:

good news all 4.0.3 kernels have it built in :)
and you win the prize of easiest request :)

it seems much more likely that with all the buzz and releases/tune ups for ics roms, some devs might add the necessary drivers/etc to wake it up

Last edited:

im0rtalz

Mar 22, 2010
Boston
I thought usb host would have to be enabled by the kernel not just the rom. Such as how it works on the tmobile version by flashing a custom recovery kernel. Darkstar rom might support it, but it has to be done in the kernel also, but I may be wrong.

enp82003

Oct 27, 2010
I hate when they have a feature then take it away.... WTF is the reasoning behind it?! people would buy less Samsung laptops or something?! Arg... Now i wish i went with another brand...

ImaWinRAR

Sep 19, 2011
Chicago
I thought usb host would have to be enabled by the kernel not just the rom. Such as how it works on the tmobile version by flashing a custom recovery kernel. Darkstar rom might support it, but it has to be done in the kernel also, but I may be wrong.

i actually think its the other way around. according to jamcar, its already present in the kernel. and i think because he saw that, he thought it would already be supported in his rom when it evidently is not (dont mean to put so much pressure on him:D)

I hate when they have a feature then take it away.... WTF is the reasoning behind it?! people would buy less Samsung laptops or something?! Arg... Now i wish i went with another brand...

that is what everyones mind was flaming:p

Reactions: enp82003

DaKlown

Jul 22, 2010
Atlanta
To shed some light on this situation the international galaxy s2 has had this feature from day 1. It was also used in the marketing of the s2 as a feature Samsung was proud of. Long story short sprint had Samsung pull it from our device. I have no info as to why Sprint had them do this. Kind of like how Sprint had them pull the nfc chip without any explanation i guess...

enp82003

Oct 27, 2010
To shed some light on this situation the international galaxy s2 has had this feature from day 1. It was also used in the marketing of the s2 as a feature Samsung was proud of. Long story short sprint had Samsung pull it from our device. I have no info as to why Sprint had them do this. Kind of like how Sprint had them pull the nfc chip without any explanation i guess...

Nfc chip? What is that?

enp82003

Oct 27, 2010
Would it be possible to down grade my kernal or go to the eu version so i could get usb host support?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i actually think its the other way around. according to jamcar, its already present in the kernel. and i think because he saw that, he thought it would already be supported in his rom when it evidently is not (dont mean to put so much pressure on him:D)

that is what everyones mind was flaming:p