[Q] Rooted HTC One M7vzw S-Off KK Rom Trouble

Search This thread

xenacick

Feb 28, 2014
Phoenix
Ok so I'm exhausted at this point because I can't find a fix anywhere, and am fairly certain the issue I've been having is due to my flashing a custom ROM with an incompatible Firmware or something of the sort.

The basics are I have an HTC One M7 from Verizon that was on JB when I first purchased it. I HATED Blinkfeed, but also a lot of the sense things. I had previously rooted and put a custom rom on my HTC Incredible and had a totally amazing experience.

So I ran with the M7 and custom rom for over 6 months without issue. Finally I found out that dev's had found the exploit to get rooted users up to date with the new 4.4.2 KitKat. So I read up on the flashing instructions from a couple of different sources, researched the Developers I was interested in Rom's from, and eventually flashed a Venom Rom. Well immediately my freshly wiped clean rooted, s-off phone, now running
3.1.605.1, HBoot 1.56, and supercid started having troubles. I would wipe/flash/boot run on the ROM for a few days, it would crash, I would wipe/flash STOCK/boot let that sit for a while, then wipe/flash another ROM/ boot etc.etc.

So now to the issue. I cannot get audio out of anywhere else on the phone besides just holding it up against my head. No speaker phone functionality, No headset, No ringtones, No Notification sounds, No touch sounds of any kind, ZIP, NADA. No matter what I flash STOCK/Custom ROM/XXYYzz same issue no sounds. I can place calls and get calls fine, but only if I am actually holding my phone to feel it vibrate. If I'm in a call people can hear me just fine as long as I am holding the phone to my ear and talking. If I try plugging in my headset suddenly they can't hear me, nor I them. If I try to put the phone on speaker, same thing occurs, it's almost as if we are both on mute. Then there is the strange and unusual issue of me not being able to get a single sound out of the phone. No matter what I do I can't get it to make a peep.

For days I have been trying to find a fix for this issue, to no avail. So I turn to the community and hopefully you all can be of some help!
Specs are below. Thanks in advance!

HTC One M7 Verizon
Unlocked bootloader / S-Off / Root privileges
Model: HTC6525LVW
HTC Sense V: 6
HTC SDK API: 6.17
Platform: 4.4.2
Super CID: 11111111
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernal: 3.4.10-Nuk.3rn3l-KK-s6
Build: 1.54.401.5
Release Keys: CL325784

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Have you tried doing an ruu to conpleet stock to see if it still happens, or are you just flashing stock roms? If you do an ruu and the sound still dosent work, its more than likley a hardware issue.

Reactions: xenacick

xenacick

Feb 28, 2014
Phoenix
Have you tried doing an ruu to conpleet stock to see if it still happens, or are you just flashing stock roms? If you do an ruu and the sound still dosent work, its more than likley a hardware issue.

Yes I have tried both the ODEXED and DEODEXED versions for my version/system.

It's crazy that this problem hasn't been encountered before, and/or been discussed in the search terms I have been using.
At this point I am running completely stock with the exception of being rooted and S-Off with an unlocked bootloader. If I can't find a way to wipe & restore the entire phone contents from fastboot/bootloader/ADB shell commands, I am just going to give up and reset, lock, and S-On so I can bring the phone to Verizon to get another.

This is just the last of many problems I have had with this phone since I got it. My husband has the exact same phone, and hasn't had any of the problems I've had.

I wouldn't say I am a n00b with adb and fastboot, flashing recoveries & ROM's, but I am not a coder, and really can only operate the basics without a coder's help.

xenacick

Feb 28, 2014
Phoenix
Odexed and deodexed refer to roms, not ruu's. You need to do an ruu thru hboot using fastboot commands.

My apologies, I have flashed and done so much in fastboot over the last few days my head is spinning.

I downloaded a 2.10.605.1 RUU Decrypted file, went into fastboot and downgraded my system. Hoping that the entirely different operating system would get the speakers working. NOPE

At this point I'm exhausted, tomorrow I plan on finding the thread that has the steps to get everything locked and back to stock and use the warranty for this POS. I miss my Incredible :(

Thank you so much for you help though, I appreciate someone responding.

xenacick

Feb 28, 2014
Phoenix
Well if you did the ruu, all you need to do is take the kk ota, then use fastboot commands to lock the bootloader and then go s-on.

That's my plan I'm downloading the needed file to remove the tampered/relocked warning before going s-on. What makes me sad is everything was fine with my phone (unlocked and all) until I broke down and decided to update to KitKat. :mad:

Thank you for being responsive to me. The first few days I was feeling very sad that no one had given any kind of response to my issue. You also were the only person who responded to another cry for help by me a few weeks back when this all started. So thank you again for being such a valuable member of this community, even when you have to repeat yourself, I'm sure, many times to those of us who are just starting to get the hand of all this information/terminology/etc. :good::good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Odexed and deodexed refer to roms, not ruu's. You need to do an ruu thru hboot using fastboot commands.
    Well if you did the ruu, all you need to do is take the kk ota, then use fastboot commands to lock the bootloader and then go s-on.