[Q] Kernel and ROM

Search This thread

sharky05

Feb 27, 2014
Hi, since I can't post in the Slimkat threat I open new one. I am very happy with Slimkat 4.4.2 except that the battery life is short. I did search but couldn't find answer to my question.
Is there a Kernel/s for Slimkat 4.4.2 build 3/4/5 that extends the battery life, and what kind of choices I have?
I will be very happy for your help.

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
I find the Devil kernel to work well with Slim, never having an issue with battery life.. I just recently did some testing on the build 5 and the battery life with both stock and Devil kernels was quite good (around 14-16hrs with 3+hrs of screen time)... There are few roms with this amount of battery life.. And to get a true representation of battery performance you need to have at least two full battery cycles.. There are other little tip/tricks to extend battery life a bit further, feel free to visit the link in my signature for some ideas on how your rom compares and for tips on battery life.. :)

Reactions: g33k0 b3lk0w

sharky05

Feb 27, 2014
Hey that was quick :) Actually I did check out the CyanAOSP and sound interesting, but for now I will stay with Slim.
Just for information I compare the battery life with CM 4.3 and Slimrom 4.3. Using these ROMs the battery last 2 days for me. I do complete battery cycles after flash even if needed I use battery calibration app. I will check the tips from the link for sure. Just still not sure what is the appropriate Kernel/s for Slimkat 4.4.x. As far as I was reading not every kernel works on every Rom.

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
Hey that was quick :) Actually I did check out the CyanAOSP and sound interesting, but for now I will stay with Slim.
Just for information I compare the battery life with CM 4.3 and Slimrom 4.3. Using these ROMs the battery last 2 days for me. I do complete battery cycles after flash even if needed I use battery calibration app. I will check the tips from the link for sure. Just still not sure what is the appropriate Kernel/s for Slimkat 4.4.x. As far as I was reading not every kernel works on every Rom.

You are welcome to try the ported rom, but the comparison was the chart that is the link, it has information comparing different roms.. :)

hendraone007

Sep 11, 2011
Need Kernel that Supports Swap

What kernel supports swap? I want to use ROEHSOFT RAM Expander v3.19.

I'm using [ROM][port][mod] CyanAOSP [kitkat 4.4.4] FAREWELL EDITION 08/03/2014

Thanks before.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I find the Devil kernel to work well with Slim, never having an issue with battery life.. I just recently did some testing on the build 5 and the battery life with both stock and Devil kernels was quite good (around 14-16hrs with 3+hrs of screen time)... There are few roms with this amount of battery life.. And to get a true representation of battery performance you need to have at least two full battery cycles.. There are other little tip/tricks to extend battery life a bit further, feel free to visit the link in my signature for some ideas on how your rom compares and for tips on battery life.. :)
    So... only Devil kernel for SlimKat 4.4.x ??? Where I can get it?

Check its kernel thread, there's a link in my signature that has it, or on almost any ROMs thread people posted links..

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app