[SIGNUP] [DEVELOPMENT] signup sheet for aosp build team

Search This thread

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
The vast majority of us seem to want CM11, myself included. So, If you're decently capable, let me know! I fully understand @Angel_666 's frustration, namely why he's waiting to see tw kitkat - being a lone dev probably sucks, and trying to make a 4.4 port based on 4.2.2 x86 things with incomplete sources is insanely difficult. Let's change that. Stop being a part of the "gimme gimme" crowd, come do something about it!

For to-be Developers:
You're expected to have at least a basic understanding of Linux (command line). If you don't possess such an understanding, you're in way over your head, as even the advanced experience a kryptonite effect with the intel clovertrail platform. Basic understanding doesn't necessarily mean you need to know every single piece of a kernel. Just know your basic commands (such as cd, mkdir, etc). There are people, including myself, willing to teach you how to compile from source as long as you have this foundation. NOTE; If you only meet the VERY basic criteria, you will be required to do a cm11 build before being added to this list. Meaning, have someone walk you through it, or follow this guide for D2LTE. (you can replace d2lte with a device you have) If you get a feel for it, welcome to the team.
the exception to this rule is if you have valuable experience which, though might not be android perse, is definitely wanted.

For Testers:
If you want to be a tester, you're expected to be at least what's known as a "power user". Meaning, don't just say "bla bla bla is broken". Logs logs logs! Help debug!

For ALL:
Know how to use Google. Actually try to find what you need before asking about it, otherwise we clog things up with unnecessary questions/answers.

Now that the guidelines are down, some words of encouragement!
If we can just get our foot in the door, we can blow it wide open and pave the road for other roms (such as omni, aokp, beanstalk) which will be SIGNIFICANTLY easier to port with a solid foundation.

Comment if you're interested.

Members so far:

DEVELOPERS:

@Restl3ss
@Nonta72
@moonbutt74
@CAG-man
@rodbacon
@Rubenyz
@shadowsiul
-free spot
-free spot
-free spot
*note there is no limit to how many developers can join. Free spot is placed there mainly as a place holder*

Testers:

P5200:
@christty31
@bithunter_99
-free spot
-free spot

P5210:
@mzheng086
-free spot
-free spot
-free spot

P5220:
@javee
-free spot
-free spot
-free spot

*tester places are limited*

Last edited:

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
I want to be (somehow) a dev :silly:
Is that possible ?
You're expected to have at least a basic understanding of Linux (command line)
About the commands, I've NO problem with them :cowboy:
Basic understanding doesn't necessarily mean you need to know every single piece of a kernel. Just know your basic commands (such as cd, mkdir, etc)
:confused:
There are people, including myself, willing to teach you how to compile from source as long as you have this foundation.
That would be welcome since "We never ended learning" ;)

M

moonbutt74

Post the rom as it is

Restl3ss,

please post the rom as you have/as it is no matter how clunky it may be.
i will accept it as a cwm/twrp backup if that's how it needs to be.
upload it to a regular/decent/respectable hosting site. dev-host, androidfilehost
cloud servers for me at least are unacceptable.
i will need the original [angel's] boot image and your [yours] boot image.
i have no patience for the build process [rom]. i prefer to do things in my own way.

i am willing to help provided the above conditions are met.

thank you for reading.

m

Rubenyz

Oct 27, 2011
Hoofddorp
I'm a ("to-be") developer, and I would also like to test it...

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shadowsiul

Jul 8, 2012
i want to help if you guys are willing to teach. i have a linux distro setup to build android but jsut goofing around on it. i know my way around on the terminal. i would love to help.

stekkew

Sep 22, 2013
I'm a bit in the same situation as Nonta72...

I know the basic programming things and Linux commands but no experience with Android Rom development so far. But willing to help :)

mylifeandroid

Jan 1, 2014
Willing to try

Id like to help the effort but the thing stoping me is I dont know where to start. I know the simple in and outs linux and simple terminal commands but I dont really know the actuall building process of the android os or where to even start. If you could just tell me breifly how and what to do I can put alot of time into this. I understand the basic concept of compiling from source. Id like to try to help you guys develop and id like to try and learn. I could be alot of help so if you interested id like to be a dev. Btw I have the p5210 wifi version

Nitro_123

Feb 26, 2011
Sydney
I can help with beta testing but my exams are near s I won't have too much spare time on my hands.
I have a P5200
Please don't put me on the list :p I have basic knowledge of stuff and am willing to help but have no free time :(
Good luck guys :D

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
@shadowsiul

glad you're interested :) just pm me a little bit about your experience, hopefully we can add you to the list.

@stekkew

@mylifeandroid

Follow this build guide (you can replace d2lte with a device you own) and, if you get a successful build, we can add you to the dev list!

@Zachisimo

perfect, i'll put you down for tester for now. Follow the above build guide, and following a successful compile, we can put you in as a dev.

@CAG-man

@rodbacon

welcome to the team my friends

Rubenyz

Oct 27, 2011
Hoofddorp
I actually don't want to test... Certain reasons...
I would actually like to be dev. I'm very known with Linux (I build my own, simple programs) and I've even approached to compile the CM 10.1 source code (which I stopped with).

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uploaded cm-12.1-20150421-UNOFFICIAL-p5210.zip (sources are updated on github as usual)

New in this version:
    - Audio! (basic for now, no bluetooth audio support)

Happy flashing ;)
    The vast majority of us seem to want CM11, myself included. So, If you're decently capable, let me know! I fully understand @Angel_666 's frustration, namely why he's waiting to see tw kitkat - being a lone dev probably sucks, and trying to make a 4.4 port based on 4.2.2 x86 things with incomplete sources is insanely difficult. Let's change that. Stop being a part of the "gimme gimme" crowd, come do something about it!

For to-be Developers:
    You're expected to have at least a basic understanding of Linux (command line). If you don't possess such an understanding, you're in way over your head, as even the advanced experience a kryptonite effect with the intel clovertrail platform. Basic understanding doesn't necessarily mean you need to know every single piece of a kernel. Just know your basic commands (such as cd, mkdir, etc). There are people, including myself, willing to teach you how to compile from source as long as you have this foundation. NOTE; If you only meet the VERY basic criteria, you will be required to do a cm11 build before being added to this list. Meaning, have someone walk you through it, or follow this guide for D2LTE. (you can replace d2lte with a device you have) If you get a feel for it, welcome to the team.
    the exception to this rule is if you have valuable experience which, though might not be android perse, is definitely wanted.

For Testers:
    If you want to be a tester, you're expected to be at least what's known as a "power user". Meaning, don't just say "bla bla bla is broken". Logs logs logs! Help debug!

For ALL:
    Know how to use Google. Actually try to find what you need before asking about it, otherwise we clog things up with unnecessary questions/answers.

Now that the guidelines are down, some words of encouragement!
    If we can just get our foot in the door, we can blow it wide open and pave the road for other roms (such as omni, aokp, beanstalk) which will be SIGNIFICANTLY easier to port with a solid foundation.

Comment if you're interested.

Members so far:

DEVELOPERS:

@Restl3ss
    @Nonta72
    @moonbutt74
    @CAG-man
    @rodbacon
    @Rubenyz
    @shadowsiul
    -free spot
    -free spot
    -free spot
    *note there is no limit to how many developers can join. Free spot is placed there mainly as a place holder*

Testers:

P5200:
    @christty31
    @bithunter_99
    -free spot
    -free spot

P5210:
    @mzheng086
    -free spot
    -free spot
    -free spot

P5220:
    @javee
    -free spot
    -free spot
    -free spot

*tester places are limited*
    TWRP 2.8.6.0

TWRP 2.8.6.0 for P5200 and P5210 is now available (all compiled from source :) but we need to add a kernel module by hand so it's not fully automatic for now).
    I checked the kernel and the most serious EMMC Bugs fixes are applied (Samsung eMMC secure erase bug and MAG2GA TRIM bug) so there should be no problem. However I'm not responsible of what can happen to your device...

I think all functionalities are here (including MTP, Mass storage, battery, CPU temp, brightness). For the fearless testers, the files are here. You will find .img to flash with heimdall, .tar to flash with odin and .zip to flash with cwm/twrp (choose the one you prefer).
    cm-12.1-20150503-UNOFFICIAL

New upload 20150503 : P5200 / P5210

Instructions available here
    Warning you need the latest TWRP version to flash: P5200 / P5210

What's new
    - Multiuser enabled (thanks @bbr999)
    - IR blaster fixed (thanks @KingUsman)
    - Long press on home set to recent apps by default
    - opensource sensors hal (still needs 2 binary blobs)
    - Some cleanup (and maybe more bugs...)

Can you tell me if it works correctly for you ? If everything is ok I'll create a thread in the developers section ;)
    I did notice that all others are quick to backport. Just small modifications are needed. But the hwcomposer, oh god... That will take ages to backport. I am hoping for some sources from motorola to speed that up.

Finally, i boot this devil! The new CM launcher is BEAUTIFUL!

screenshot.jpgscreenshot1.jpgscreenshot2.jpgscreenshot3.png