ICStock theme for Venue

Search This thread

crainz

Jan 7, 2012
iam up and running file with the olleh image that i had previously

The reason i reset the phone was because the go launcher was not removed from the system and also because i was not able to see the top portion i mean the status bar in the sd4 version of venue

i will try to flash it again and keep you posted..

Tryed to Flash it again on my phone it did not work...

got stuck at the same dell logo... just does not go ahead of that....

what iam trying to do now would be to flash the stock rom and then try to flash it again...

lets see if it works...

Last edited:

crainz

Jan 7, 2012
Ok here is what i did

i tryed to install the stock rom from Themanii page but for some reason iam not able to do that

Can u please tell me how do i do it
do i use CWM or fastboot to do it
if yes what do i need to do with the stock304 file since it is just a zip file and the CWM is not accepting it .. installation is getting aborded...

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
Ok here is what i did

i tryed to install the stock rom from Themanii page but for some reason iam not able to do that

Can u please tell me how do i do it
do i use CWM or fastboot to do it
if yes what do i need to do with the stock304 file since it is just a zip file and the CWM is not accepting it .. installation is getting aborded...

Which stock file are you trying to flash? If it's a zip file then CWM, otherwise Fastboot.

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
OK. I am going to give you some basic guidance on the steps you should take but if it works (you get to SD4) and then for some reason the theme still doesn't work for you - then you should abandon the idea of installing this theme and just use Raven's or something different because I will not be able to help you due to my business travels.

I don't really understand where you currently stand. But let's start from the base point. First you need to use fastboot to flash the stock 408 recovery, and you can find it here: http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Dell_Venue
While you on that page download the 408 package, rename it to update.pkg and move it to your phone's SD card. (You may already have that there)

After you flash the 408 recovery image in fastboot you need to reboot (fastboot reboot) and when it tries to reboot you need to hold both volume buttons and power button to get to the screen where you are given a choice to install the software update (update sw package). Choose to install the update.pkg and let it load fully. Now you should be on stock Olleh 408 build. DO NOT do a factory reset.

Once you have stock Olleh installed and running, you need to install CWM by using the steps explained here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1423002

Now you should have CWM recovery installed and it is time to flash deodexed 408 ROM which you can find here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1416537

Let the deodexed ROM fully load. DO NOT do a factory reset.

Now you should have deodexed 408 ROM installed. Final ROM to install would be SD4 2.5.0. Just flash the StreakDroid zip and let it fully load. After it's been fully loaded, you may need to flash Superuser to root your Venue (in case SD4 doesn't come already pre-rooted). DO NOT do a factory reset.

Final step is to flash the theme zip via CWM - again do not do a factory reset.

If the theme still doesn't work - i.e. your status bar is messed up or something, just flash SD4 via CWM again and forget about my theme. And again, DO NOT factory reset. Best of luck and hope it works out.

One more thing: do not factory reset :) I am serious.

Last edited:

TheReal11

Apr 11, 2012
Help

Hi,

Im new here on XDA, and just rooted my Dell Venue on Clockworkmod. But I flashed the ICS be installing streakdroid. And now everytime I boot I am getting stucked on the flashing blue android. Can I ask for help on these. Maybe reverting back to the stock Dell Stage. Hoping for replies

MJW

Feb 20, 2011
Sussex, NJ
Hi,

Im new here on XDA, and just rooted my Dell Venue on Clockworkmod. But I flashed the ICS be installing streakdroid. And now everytime I boot I am getting stucked on the flashing blue android. Can I ask for help on these. Maybe reverting back to the stock Dell Stage. Hoping for replies

If CWM is working, just flash the Streakdroid or deoxed 408 ROM, then reapply the ICS theme.

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
I installed strekdroid and reapplied ICS theme, but now the blur android animation is just looping. Any ideas on that?

Sorry about your troubles, mate. With two major new ROMs avaiable for Venue now - MIUI and CM7 - I would just flash those instead of ICStocktheme. I like both of them, but prefer MIUI more at this time.
Just go to this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1565517

and download the MIUI ROM to your SD card. Once you're in the CWM recovery before you flash the ROM zip, you need to :

1. Wipe data/Factory Reset in CWM recovery
2. Wipe Cache Partition
3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
4. Flash the zip
5. Reboot
6. Before booting to the ROM the first time, press power and volume up and down buttons to do a Factory Reset
7. Enjoy

There are a ton of themes available for MIUI (and for CM7 if you go that route) and you can even customize and mix/match between different themes.

If you don't like default MIUI launcher (which doesn't have the app drawer) you can install a launcher of your choice, like Go Launcher, ADW, and so on.

Good luck! I promise you you gonna like these new ROMs.:)

Last edited:

MJW

Feb 20, 2011
Sussex, NJ
Sorry about your troubles, mate. With two major new ROMs avaiable for Venue now - MIUI and CM7 - I would just flash those instead of ICStocktheme. I like both of them, but prefer MIUI more at this time.
Just go to this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1565517

and download the MIUI ROM to your SD card. Once you're in the CWM recovery before you flash the ROM zip, you need to :

1. Wipe data/Factory Reset in CWM recovery
2. Wipe Cache Partition
3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
4. Flash the zip
5. Reboot
6. Before booting to the ROM the first time, press power and volume up and down buttons to do a Factory Reset
7. Enjoy

There are a ton of themes available for MIUI (and for CM7 if you go that route) and you can even customize and mix/match between different themes.

If you don't like default MIUI launcher (which doesn't have the app drawer) you can install a launcher of your choice, like Go Launcher, ADW, and so on.

Good luck! I promise you you gonna like these new ROMs.:)

CM7 and MIUI are the way to go really.

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
Yes, download Titanium Backup (free) and backup your apps (press menu button within the app, choose batch and select backup user apps). After you install the new ROM you can install TB again and restore your apps.

TheReal11

Apr 11, 2012
Yes, download Titanium Backup (free) and backup your apps (press menu button within the app, choose batch and select backup user apps). After you install the new ROM you can install TB again and restore your apps.

Uhhmm.. How will I do that since I cannot open my phone as of now and can only access CWM.

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
Uhhmm.. How will I do that since I cannot open my phone as of now and can only access CWM.

Try to flash StreakDroid zip (without the ICStock theme) and see if it recovered your previous setup and apps. It may not have - in which case, unfortunately your data was lost. You have to be able to be in a running ROM to do a Titanium Backup.

Reactions: TheReal11

TheReal11

Apr 11, 2012
Try to flash StreakDroid zip (without the ICStock theme) and see if it recovered your previous setup and apps. It may not have - in which case, unfortunately your data was lost. You have to be able to be in a running ROM to do a Titanium Backup.

Yeah I guess my data were lost. I installed MIUI and works really well. Thanks for the help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I've seen some people asking for numbered battery mods for stock or StreakDroid4 2.5.0 ROMs so I put together a simple theme (thanks to UOT Kitchen) and wanted to share it with anyone who is interested.

The theme simply changes the look of status bar and the icons, battery, system menus, adds new Roboto font ( from ICS), ICS window animations and Blue Android boot animation. Also, due to Raven 2 kindly allowing us use some files from his theme, you will now get ICS-like Phone, Contacts, Gallery and Calendar apk. I'm attaching some screenshots so you can get a visual idea.

I'm running on StreakDroid4 2.5.0 but it may also work on the deodexed or stock 408 ROM.

As usual, I do not take any responsibility for any issues that the process may cause - proceed with caution :)

To install:

1.Download the zip file below
    2. Flash via CWM

Big thanks to TheManii for his ROM and Raven 2 for letting us use his files in this theme.

Just in case you were wondering, the screen lock on the first image is Widgetlocker which isn't free, but you can download MagicLocker or MiLocker that have similar look for free. The launchers I used in the shots (just to show different looks) are Go Launcher EX (with ICS theme) and Espier Launcher both are free too. Also shown and used is another free app - Widgetsoid.

(Updated) Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43165183/ICStockNew.zip

Thanks!
    Cool, let me know how it works/looks. It isn't the actual ICS UI but the color scheme and other mods at least remind you of one :)
    Also, if Raven ever comes back to the site I would like to ask him if we can use his themed Phone and Contacts apks that have an ICS look and I will include it in this theme.

you can use my ICS LOOK Phone.apk and Contants.apk

ICS LOOK Phone.apk and Contants.apk files in SB Theme:)

I fix some apps icon looks like ICS

[Download]

this file has Calendar.apk Contacts.apk Gallery3D.apk Mms.apk Phone.apk Settings.apk

install way is same.

Sorry language, It is my limit.:D
    you can use my ICS LOOK Phone.apk and Contants.apk

ICS LOOK Phone.apk and Contants.apk files in SB Theme:)

I fix some apps icon looks like ICS

[Download]

this file has Calendar.apk Contacts.apk Gallery3D.apk Mms.apk Phone.apk Settings.apk

install way is same.

Sorry language, It is my limit.:D

Your language is fine, no worries. Thanks for letting us use your files. I'm going to update the OP and attach the new theme file.