[RECOVERY] A100 TWRP recovery v2.2.0+

Search This thread

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
A100 TWRP recovery (TeamWin Recovery Project) 2.2.0+

This recovery is created on the basis of TeamWin Recovery Project for A500 2.2.0 , kernels from an insertion of Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1 and is modified for A100/A101 of tablets personally by me.

I am in no way responsible for any damage done to your tablet. Follow the instructions!

Before anything make sure you have the latest ICS firmware for A10x tablets, Root, and Unlocked Bootloader.

Root Instructions here

Unlock your bootloader for fastboot, follow here

0. It has been tested on the A100/A101 ICS firmware.
1. The tablet should be already rooted and charged more than on 30 %. Сonnect the tablet to the computer and power on.
2. Download this arhive. Unpack it to any place.
3. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file:
for windows with the rights of administrator
Code:
install.bat.
4. Wait. After recovery will be flashed in on a tablet, the trial entrance in the recovery mode will be made.

Screenshots:
attachment.php
attachment.php

What's new in 2.2.0:
From TeamWIN:
Improvements in the interface
Added a console terminal
Added full keyboard

From me:
Resize new pictures for A10x screen
Inscriptions on some points of the menu are corrected or modified for relief of understanding
The ADB mode is added

List of recovery versions:
A100 TWRP recovery v2.2.0+
A100 TWRP recovery v2.1.1+
A100 TWRP recovery v2.1.0+

Attachments

• recovery_A100ICS_TWRP.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 4,611
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 34,628
  • i2.jpg
    i2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 25,645
  • recovery-A100ICS-TWRP-2.1.1plus.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 2,715
  • recovery-A100ICS-TWRP-2.2.0plus.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 10,870
Last edited:

tomlogan1

Oct 29, 2007
Touch recovery is implemented, and runs very smooth. Only negative is that any backups made with CWM no longer appear.

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
looks and works pretty good. fails to flash properly form external sd though. internal probably works fine but never tested. back on cwm as i flash everything form my external card. great piece of work though zero

pintek

May 10, 2011
I've used this today an had no issues flashing from the external or internal sd card though definately have to get used to inferface compared to cwm but this is really nice work awsome job ZeroNull!

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
Mount -> Mount SDCard -> Return -> Install -> Go /sdc -> Select firmware -> To move a circle with an arrow to the right

did this exactly, is this recovery still based off ginger source?

fails to boot, dunno if a partition location is messed or not but it definetly doesnt like cm9. it looks like it flashes fine but gets stuck when kernel is booting.

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
fails to boot, dunno if a partition location is messed or not but it definetly doesnt like cm9. it looks like it flashes fine but gets stuck when kernel is booting.

For correct flashing CM9:
1. Wipe -> Factory Reset
2. Return (Square with a return arrow in top on the right the screen) or icon Home
3. Mount SDCard
4. Flash CM9
It works

did this exactly, is this recovery still based off ginger source?
1. the kernel is replaced -> from Acer_AV041_A100_0.002.00_WW_GEN1
2. Resize picture and other settings of the interface
3. The install file is prepared
More changed nothing

Last edited:
Reactions: Deshabilitado

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
For correct flashing CM9:
1. Wipe -> Factory Reset
2. Return (Square with a return arrow in top on the right the screen) or icon Home
3. Mount SDCard
4. Flash CM9
It works

1. the kernel is replaced -> from Acer_AV041_A100_0.002.00_WW_GEN1
2. Resize picture and other settings of the interface
3. The install file is prepared
More changed nothing

:-D thnx zn for the step by step...but thats what ive been doing. from what i can see is it cant mount both sd cards at the same time...which is a normal bug as even cwm suffered from it. though this can load either or.. dunno why its not flashing correctly..

odd.....very odd. flashes fine but wont boot.

ill mess around more tomorro and read my logs..got some other stuff to test out so ill let you know if i find anything interesting in my logs.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: BrockVegas

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
but thats what ive been doing. from what i can see is it cant mount both sd cards at the same time...which is a normal bug as even cwm suffered from it. though this can load either or.. dunno why its not flashing correctly..

odd.....very odd. flashes fine but wont boot.
Internal SD memory is mounted always. External SD is mounted necessarily (the "Mount SDCard" point in the "Mount" section).

Mount -> Switch: "Using external SDCard" or "Using internal storage" - path save/restore Backup.

The button "Mount USB Disk" (in the Mount section) for assembling of disks under Windows.

I flashing through this TWRP Recovery of CM9. There were no problems. Everything worked.

Last edited:

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
Everything has been working great for me on this version of twrp. I have flashed a few different roms including CM9 and backup/restore is working great. I spend a good amount of time in recovery so the touch driven UI is great.

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
Not sure if this has been mentioned...

but when I tried to make my first back up, I hit the mount sdcard...it made backup but I noticed it made the backup to my internal sdcard....

I had the memory swap hack put in place and noticed that the system had reverted back to the original (my 32gb sd card was now back to external sd and internal back to 5gb)...I also noticed that my install-recovery.sh was gone...there was however a install-recovery.offsh file in place....not sure if it was there before..either way..my install-recovery.bak file was still there...so I did the hack again and rebooted...got the 32gb as internal memory again...

Went into recovery and created a backup ....this time I did what zero null said which was
Mount -> Switch: "Using external SDCard" or "Using internal storage" - path save/restore Backup.

making sure "using external sdcard" was selected and all went well...initially one of the indicators will say "0mb" but don't worry ...go through with the backup and all will be well..

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
Not sure if this has been mentioned...

but when I tried to make my first back up, I hit the mount sdcard...it made backup but I noticed it made the backup to my internal sdcard....

I had the memory swap hack put in place and noticed that the system had reverted back to the original (my 32gb sd card was now back to external sd and internal back to 5gb)...I also noticed that my install-recovery.sh was gone...there was however a install-recovery.offsh file in place....not sure if it was there before..either way..my install-recovery.bak file was still there...so I did the hack again and rebooted...got the 32gb as internal memory again...

Went into recovery and created a backup ....this time I did what zero null said which was

making sure "using external sdcard" was selected and all went well...initially one of the indicators will say "0mb" but don't worry ...go through with the backup and all will be well..

ZN's script renames install-recovery.sh. I imagine to cut down on the 30 posts a day complaining their stock recovery was flashed again after reboot. So you have to put crossix's mod back in pace after running it. I have done many things to test this recovery and it has work beautifully for me.

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
Is there a reason why flashing this recovery sets your build number back to the 009 ICS (leak)?

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
Well that doesn't make sence cause its only a recovery image didn't have that issue when flashing to .014

yea I know...that's what I found interesting....i noticed it today when I went through the whole process (again just to verify)...btw shows Acer_AV041_A100_RV01RC01_WW_GEN1 for the Image Version and Acer_AV041_A100_0.009.00_WW_GEN1

I can assure you...I have the 014 rom installed...

EDIT: I reversed the build.prop switch from Crossix and it changed back to 014...

Attachments

• IMAG0126.jpg
    IMAG0126.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

dms76

Sep 28, 2009
Akron, OH
Hey THANKS! I may put TWRP on my thunderbolt now, I like it better then CWM. I do have probably a stupid question, does TWRP backup both my internal memory and my internal SD card to my external SD card? I know there is an option under mount "using external SDCard" which is where my backups should be stored correct?

tdwp16

Jun 2, 2011
Does anyone plan on porting Linux kernel 3.0 to the a100?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
Backup and Restore

Hey THANKS! I may put TWRP on my thunderbolt now, I like it better then CWM. I do have probably a stupid question, does TWRP backup both my internal memory and my internal SD card to my external SD card? I know there is an option under mount "using external SDCard" which is where my backups should be stored correct?
For Backup from external SD:
Mount -> select point "Mount SDCard" and switch to "Using external SDCard". Be recommended to make cancellations points /data, /cache and /system.
return home menu
Backup -> Refresh Sizes -> look "Free Space", if correct (the size is equal to the size of your external SD card), then choose the necessary sections and move a circle with an arrow to the right.

For Restore from external SD:
Mount -> select point "Mount SDCard" and switch to "Using external SDCard" (If it is necessary)
return home menu
Restore-> select choose are necessary a package, then choose necessary sections and move a circle with an arrow to the right.

It works correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: dms76

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A100 TWRP recovery (TeamWin Recovery Project) 2.2.0+

This recovery is created on the basis of TeamWin Recovery Project for A500 2.2.0 , kernels from an insertion of Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1 and is modified for A100/A101 of tablets personally by me.

I am in no way responsible for any damage done to your tablet. Follow the instructions!

Before anything make sure you have the latest ICS firmware for A10x tablets, Root, and Unlocked Bootloader.

Root Instructions here

Unlock your bootloader for fastboot, follow here

0. It has been tested on the A100/A101 ICS firmware.
    1. The tablet should be already rooted and charged more than on 30 %. Сonnect the tablet to the computer and power on.
    2. Download this arhive. Unpack it to any place.
    3. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file:
    for windows with the rights of administrator
    Code:
    install.bat.
    4. Wait. After recovery will be flashed in on a tablet, the trial entrance in the recovery mode will be made.

Screenshots:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

What's new in 2.2.0:
    From TeamWIN:
    Improvements in the interface
    Added a console terminal
    Added full keyboard

From me:
    Resize new pictures for A10x screen
    Inscriptions on some points of the menu are corrected or modified for relief of understanding
    The ADB mode is added

List of recovery versions:
    A100 TWRP recovery v2.2.0+
    A100 TWRP recovery v2.1.1+
    A100 TWRP recovery v2.1.0+
    Update

Any chance this could be updated to 2.1.3?
    It would be greatly appreciated!
    No. Update to 2.1.3 will not be.
    New update to 2.2.0! ;)
    Look in the thread header.
    Nice job!! I flashed this successfully and I'm testing it out now.
    Mount SDCard

fails to flash properly form external sd though.
    Mount -> Mount SDCard -> Return -> Install -> Go /sdc -> Select firmware -> To move a circle with an arrow to the right
    I think the first post should also say that you need the usb drivers as well as the zip file. I kept wondering why the cmd prompt was sitting there doing nothing until I research usb drivers. Just got done installing recovery and it looks nice, touch screen helps alot, I hate using volume buttons.

I think the reason it isn't mentioned is in order to even use this you have to be rooted AND have unlocked bootloader in place, which needs ADB and fastboot, and so, needs drivers installed.