Games unavailable for NC?

Search This thread

flu13

Jun 18, 2010
I have been browsing for some interesting-looking games to play on my Nook, and the last few that I've seen on Play through my PC (Skyfall, Six Guns, Sims Freeplay) have been unavailable for the Nook. What's up with that?

gallahad2000

Jul 9, 2009
I have been browsing for some interesting-looking games to play on my Nook, and the last few that I've seen on Play through my PC (Skyfall, Six Guns, Sims Freeplay) have been unavailable for the Nook. What's up with that?
Those games are showing as blocked on mine as well. They may just represent game makers no longer supporting the devices we are spoofing (Galaxy Tab and Nexus One). You can always try changing your build.prop to get the new games but you may lose access to others.

Reactions: flu13

flu13

Jun 18, 2010
Thanks for the tip. I've never modified my build.prop. What would be a good value to change to? And what is the best way to modify that file?

gallahad2000

Jul 9, 2009
Thanks for the tip. I've never modified my build.prop. What would be a good value to change to? And what is the best way to modify that file?
You can use root explorer or ES file explorer. The value to change it to has historically been a combination of Nexus One and Galaxy tab settings. I currently have those settings on my nook and it is showing incompatible for the games you've listed. It may be a good idea to try Galaxy S or pure Galaxy tab (SPH-P100 or GT-P1000) since those are all PowerVR devices so there won't be incompatibilities with the games you download.

Last edited:
Reactions: flu13

flu13

Jun 18, 2010
Well, it seems that no matter what method I try, I can't get /system to mount r/w. I found something suggesting that I need ro.secure=0 in some file (maybe build.prop or maybe default.prop), but I think I'm getting beyond my knowledge and comfort level.

flu13

Jun 18, 2010
I finally was able to edit build.prop using Root Explorer (should've just bought that a long time ago). However, I can't figure out the right things to edit. I've tried changing the model and manufacturer to the values for Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S, and my Evo Shift, but none make these games available. Clearly, I'm missing something that needs changed.

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
I finally was able to edit build.prop using Root Explorer (should've just bought that a long time ago). However, I can't figure out the right things to edit. I've tried changing the model and manufacturer to the values for Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S, and my Evo Shift, but none make these games available. Clearly, I'm missing something that needs changed.

It has worked for me before, just changing model and brand, then clearing data from google play and rebooting. But I tried it yesterday for six-guns and it didn't work, I used SPH-P100

flu13

Jun 18, 2010
Ok, that let me get Sims Freeplay, but not the others. I even tried loading an "unlocked" Play apk. Aggravating.

flu13

Jun 18, 2010
I finally wised up. I downloaded the games to my phone, backed up with Titanium, copied the backups to my Nook, and restored.

flu13

Jun 18, 2010
I think so. It wants to download a ton of stuff and I don't have a wifi connection right now, so I'll extra-confirm later.

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
I think so. It wants to download a ton of stuff and I don't have a wifi connection right now, so I'll extra-confirm later.

Well at least is bypassing the device check, since its downloading the content. I was thinking you might need to use Chainfire3d to make it work smoothly. But we'll see what happens. If it works you think you could post a link for the apk you extracted from your phone?

flu13

Jun 18, 2010
Sims shows the splash screen then goes back home. Six Guns and Skyfall appear to work.

I'm apparently too dumb to figure out where the apk files are, so here are zips of the three files created by Titanium. Just drop them into your TitaniumBackup folder on your SD card (might require a reboot), then you can "restore" them through Titanium.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycypyd923wuzoh0/SixGuns.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yseekyj5jxrvbcj/Skyfall.zip

Oh, and clearing data on Google Service Framework didn't help me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Those games are showing as blocked on mine as well. They may just represent game makers no longer supporting the devices we are spoofing (Galaxy Tab and Nexus One). You can always try changing your build.prop to get the new games but you may lose access to others.
    You can use root explorer or ES file explorer. The value to change it to has historically been a combination of Nexus One and Galaxy tab settings. I currently have those settings on my nook and it is showing incompatible for the games you've listed. It may be a good idea to try Galaxy S or pure Galaxy tab (SPH-P100 or GT-P1000) since those are all PowerVR devices so there won't be incompatibilities with the games you download.