NEW all in one "KINDLE ROOT TOOL"

Search This thread

davethebrave14

Feb 13, 2014
Follow this community on awesome updates and development for the KFHD 2013 model. One of the moderators here is releasing a Kindle "tool" which will root, install a recovery, and return to stock system on your KFHD 2013 model. If your kindle is bricked or needs rooting this tool will do it all for you. Credits go to Gran PC and Kyleberry for developing this tool. He's planning to release it some time soon. :)

https://plus.google.com/114394427275904523996/posts/PSjSm1LVBNi

Last edited:

Rektroid

Oct 12, 2013
London
This is fake,if there was a recovery, hashcode would have found out by now,and would have made a cm.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Keinbockwurst

Mar 7, 2011
Its from Gran PC, who rooted firmware 11.3.2.1... Its legit, no fake

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

retslag1

Mar 23, 2014
its legit, he is a member here, and he has referenced the information in the OP a few times in this thread.. I am certainly monitoring his work since I've discovered it.

kyleberry.graphics

Sep 1, 2012
Broken Arrow
www.facebook.com
HAHA 'trolling' ! no we can already unbrick kindles and root every s/w version out there. Gran is putting together a tool to do so easily right now. keep an eye at the google plus community. We have a few screenshots of the work in progress

Reactions: opgoth

MarcoJoo

Dec 25, 2013
Ok. Sorry. I retract my assumption ;)

It's nice to hear. Did he mean with "Recovery system", stuff like TWRP? So it would be possible to install custom FWs? That would be great!

Last edited:

Rektroid

Oct 12, 2013
London
Sorry,I just looked at it now! Seems cool,but the TV mode is worrying me...

Sent from my Amazon Tate using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kyleberry.graphics

Sep 1, 2012
Broken Arrow
www.facebook.com
Right now it will retore any s/w version to 11.3.2.1 stock, root, install gapps, fix the background bug, and we're working on using gapps and amazon appstores together. This device's bootloader cannot be cracked so Gran has porting TWRP or CWM to use as a second recovery, and booting a second kernel (like the motorola safestrap) on his to-do list, but it wont likely release with this option, as the priority is getting people unbricked

Last edited:
Reactions: opgoth and dvb127

mint-an

Jul 27, 2011
Ok. Sorry. I retract my assumption ;)

It's nice to hear. Did he mean with "Recovery system", stuff like TWRP? So it would be possible to install custom FWs? That would be great!

for now only "nandroid" like backups (the sys partition as bin) and restores.
Gran said he will take a look at twrp but right now before we try to modify any part of the system, we need a good restore tool.

His tool is not finished yet, for now only sys restore is ready in alpha stage. But better ask Gran :)

The next step is custom kernel (booted from original kernel) and maybe twrp.

If anyone of you is a developer and/or want to help, just join us and ask for permission to join the hangouts chat.

I am not a developer so I can not do much right now.

But we need help for

custom 2nd kernel booted from original via kexec (i think gran got the part booting the kernel, but the kernel itself is missing yet)
cwm/twrp ports (cwm untouched yet, gran took a look at twrp)
(maybe 2nd boot a different rom)
stable cm source for our device (4.4)
sw based boot into fastboot
xposed modules for stock (multimarket,navbar with recent app menu, ....)
oh we have a 855 mb cache partition, so keep in mind we cannot touch partition tables yet. If you can use the cache partition use it :)

Hope I don't forgot anything

https://plus.google.com/communities/115612726860884592519

Last edited:

Gran PC

Aug 13, 2013
Hi people,

First of all, sorry to disappoint, but I'm not a troll. I'm just a developer who was not exactly pleased when Amazon patched the root exploit :)

This tool can restore any device as long as you can boot into fastboot. If you can do that, you're golden.

Here's a link to the very very very very early alpha version for Windows.. it can only restore devices (doesn't have a root feature yet or anything else) and it's not entirely polished, but it definitely gets the job done. https://peniscorp.com/KindleRoot_dist_windows_0.1.zip

Here's the source code on GitHub... but since it's written in Lua it's pretty much included in the ZIP. https://github.com/GranPC/kindleroot

Hope you'll find it useful :)

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

I forgot -- email me at gran.pc@gmail.com if things go awry!

Mineturtle33

Jan 15, 2013
Right now it will retore any s/w version to 11.3.2.1 stock, root, install gapps, fix the background bug, and we're working on using gapps and amazon appstores together. This device's bootloader cannot be cracked so Gran has porting TWRP or CWM to use as a second recovery, and booting a second kernel (like the motorola safestrap) on his to-do list, but it wont likely release with this option, as the priority is getting people unbricked

Maybe the bootloader cant be cracked, but that doesnt mean we can't do a second bootloader. Right?

Sent from my KFSOWI, 11.3.2.1, rooted, Amazon stuff replaced with Google Services.

Mineturtle33

Jan 15, 2013
Correct, I am working on this.

Woop woop.

Also, how can i make aosp settings stick after reboot? It always goes back to the stock settings app. (I'm installing aosp settings as an update to the settings app after turning off signature check in lucky patcher)

Sent from my KFSOWI, 11.3.2.1, rooted, Amazon stuff replaced with Google Services.

Gran PC

Aug 13, 2013
Woop woop.

Also, how can i make aosp settings stick after reboot? It always goes back to the stock settings app. (I'm installing aosp settings as an update to the settings app after turning off signature check in lucky patcher)

Dunno, worked fine for me.

D

Deleted member 5408779

Can u say how u did it?

Gesendet von meinem KFSOWI mit Tapatalk

Mineturtle33

Jan 15, 2013
Oh. I installedit as an update to stock settings after disabling sig check inlucky patcher. Maybe thats why.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Got it working. Is an aosp lockscreen a possibility? (Im on a roll with mods today)

Dozenboy0012

Jun 27, 2010
Tucson
Anything for the KHD7 11.3.2.2 and i haver a fastboot cable i made feom grand pc vid 4 to 1 thx, but can I obtain root I wannna play this rpg I was playing on my phone bet its great on the kindle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi people,

First of all, sorry to disappoint, but I'm not a troll. I'm just a developer who was not exactly pleased when Amazon patched the root exploit :)

This tool can restore any device as long as you can boot into fastboot. If you can do that, you're golden.

Here's a link to the very very very very early alpha version for Windows.. it can only restore devices (doesn't have a root feature yet or anything else) and it's not entirely polished, but it definitely gets the job done. https://peniscorp.com/KindleRoot_dist_windows_0.1.zip

Here's the source code on GitHub... but since it's written in Lua it's pretty much included in the ZIP. https://github.com/GranPC/kindleroot

Hope you'll find it useful :)

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

I forgot -- email me at gran.pc@gmail.com if things go awry!
    HAHA 'trolling' ! no we can already unbrick kindles and root every s/w version out there. Gran is putting together a tool to do so easily right now. keep an eye at the google plus community. We have a few screenshots of the work in progress