Stuck at bootloader

Search This thread

fipo

Jun 14, 2009
Hi all,

I have a HTC Desire at hand with following facts:

- no ROM installed
- I am able to go into fastboot or recovery (Team Win Recovery)
- I cannot flash any zip file from recovery - right after flashing system says: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")=="bravo" (this is repeated for two times). E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/MildWild ....
- I was told, that it was rooted device, but somebody wanted this phone back to origin state and run the RUU (not sure which version).
- what I see in bootloader is following:

Alpharev Unlock
Bravo PVT4 S-OFF
HBOOT-6.93.9999
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-4.05.00.11
Aug 10 2010,17:52:18

Question is now, how can run the RUU, lets say, we want to have this phone back to the origin state. (I find out in cmd, that it has CID= O2___01.). Can I somehow repair this?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

fipo

EDIT:

I followed BORTAKs guide (assuming there was wrong RUU). I flashed stock HBOOT and run RUU (RUU_Bravo_O2_UK_1.20.207.1_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_124865). Everything went to the end. But phone cannot boot again. There is only O2 logo at start and nothing more. After some minutes, phone is turned off. Please, help me.Thanks.

Last edited:

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
Try the 2.3.3. GB RUU instead, that should get it booting.

If you still want root and a custom ROM, there are several reasons why it may not have flashed:

- You didn't have an hboot properly installed (because it said Alpharev Unlock)
- You didn't partition your sd card

Assuming you flash the 2.3.3 RUU successfully, if you still want a custom ROM I'd recommend:
- S-OFF using 'revolutionary'
- Flash 4EXT recovery using fastboot.
- Backup sd card
- Partition sdcard (maximum 2GB ext4, no swap)
- Full wipe ('wipe all partitions except sd card')
- Flash ROM

fipo

Jun 14, 2009
Try the 2.3.3. GB RUU instead, that should get it booting.

If you still want root and a custom ROM, there are several reasons why it may not have flashed:

- You didn't have an hboot properly installed (because it said Alpharev Unlock)
- You didn't partition your sd card

Assuming you flash the 2.3.3 RUU successfully, if you still want a custom ROM I'd recommend:
- S-OFF using 'revolutionary'
- Flash 4EXT recovery using fastboot.
- Backup sd card
- Partition sdcard (maximum 2GB ext4, no swap)
- Full wipe ('wipe all partitions except sd card')
- Flash ROM

Many thanks for reply .. Can you post a link to RUU you meant? I can see only this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=695667
and I am not sure, which one I should try ...

Thanks

fipo

EDIT:

I have tried several RUU:
http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Bra...io_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_122704.exe
http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Bra...00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126984_signed.exe

everything seems to be OK, until it says, congratulations .. blabla .. and then I am stuck at white screen with green htc logo ... How can I proceed? Please ..

Last edited:

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
Search for HTC Desire 2.3.3 GB RUU, you'll find it eventually.

Things to check. How did you flash stock hboot, and did it flash successfully? On the top of the bootloader screen it should say Alpharev Stock instead of Alpharev Unlock.

Then try running it again.

fipo

Jun 14, 2009
Search for HTC Desire 2.3.3 GB RUU, you'll find it eventually.

Things to check. How did you flash stock hboot, and did it flash successfully? On the top of the bootloader screen it should say Alpharev Stock instead of Alpharev Unlock.

Then try running it again.

I flashed stock HBOOT via fastboot ("fastboot flash HBOOT ......img") - it says writing hboot .. OKAY .. I assume it went right.
I could seeon the top of the screen only Alpharev.

In the meantime I tried several RUU .. than I gave up. After half an hour I realized, that it works :) Sorry for bothering you, but I have working Desire running "RUU_Bravo_Froyo_O2_UK_2.14.207.1_Radio_32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2_release_144166_signed" and my last question is whether I can rerun some other RUU to have more languages incorporated (I am looking for Czech or Slovak). I would use English, but its not for me ...

Many thanks again.

fipo

Last edited:

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
Sorry I only have experience with english ROMs ;)

You did flash a O2 UK RUU though. Perhaps try the Official 2.3.3. GB RUU, it should have more languages, though I can't be certain if it has Czech / Slovak

Main thing is you got it booting again :good: