Photos and Gallery Apps

Search This thread

A1ps

Feb 27, 2014
Since the new camera update I've had a bit of problem with the 2 photo's apps - Photos and Gallery.

When I take pics I'm deleting unwanted pics using Photos. But when I go into Gallery the deleted pics are still there. Is this normal?

What default app are you guys using for pics?

J

justinisloco

Since the new camera update I've had a bit of problem with the 2 photo's apps - Photos and Gallery.

When I take pics I'm deleting unwanted pics using Photos. But when I go into Gallery the deleted pics are still there. Is this normal?

What default app are you guys using for pics?

Are they there in the actual files that you can delete? Or are they in instant upload (in gallery app)

This is why I would like to stick to just one gallery app, but I prefer photos. Unfortunately, I cant set contact photos with "Photos" :confused::confused:

EDIT - Also, I would recommend getting used to the photos app, as I have, as Google is looking to make this the default gallery app IMO

Last edited:

A1ps

Feb 27, 2014
These are pics I have taken with the camera. Sometimes I delete the photos straight from the camera app. Sometimes I go into Photos and delete from there. Only thing is that they remain in Gallery App.

J

justinisloco

These are pics I have taken with the camera. Sometimes I delete the photos straight from the camera app. Sometimes I go into Photos and delete from there. Only thing is that they remain in Gallery App.

Yeah, that makes sense. The Gallery App is whats on your SD, whereas photos is Cloud Based.

A1ps

Feb 27, 2014
Thanks Justin.

I don't know what App is best.

What are you guys using? And why?

joannn

Feb 5, 2014

If you have the Photos app, opening the Photos section of the Google+ app will automatically bring you to the Photos app.

1) In the Photos app, go to the image you want to delete (or search “autobackup” in the search bar).
2) Select photos by pressing and holding the thumbnail to select; tap multiple thumbnails to select in bulk.
3) Tap the trash can icon at the top right to delete.

You’re all set; Auto Backup photos deleted!
:good:

J

justinisloco

Thanks Justin.

I don't know what App is best.

What are you guys using? And why?

I use photos because I think Google will soon try to update us to that rahter than gallery, plus I like the editing you can do on photos.

With that said, I still use gallery to delete photos from my SD like screenshots I dont need anymore, and to edit contact photos

Top Liked Posts