Caller's voice echoes back to them?

Search This thread

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
Several people have complained of hearing their own voice echoing back to them when on a call with me.
I tried *228 option 1 and 2, different ROMs, and turning the in-call volume down. But no luck.
I heard something about echo cancellation and hearing-aids, but haven't been able to find any fixes.
Anyone have a fix for this, or suggestion?

dianeofarcadia

May 9, 2008
Northern Michigan
Several people have complained of hearing their own voice echoing back to them when on a call with me.
I tried *228 option 1 and 2, different ROMs, and turning the in-call volume down. But no luck.
I heard something about echo cancellation and hearing-aids, but haven't been able to find any fixes.
Anyone have a fix for this, or suggestion?

Suggestions that I have heard - update the radio, although I will not doing that on mine.
I have not seen any fixes that you have not already mentioned.
As a hearing aid user, I have been trying to follow this and see where the cause is. Mind if I ask,
What ROMs have you used specifically?
What are your software settings?

So far in all the reading, it is across the board so to speak. Have not seen any real fixes as of yet.

feel free to PM to discuss further.

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
Suggestions that I have heard - update the radio, although I will not doing that on mine.
I have not seen any fixes that you have not already mentioned.
As a hearing aid user, I have been trying to follow this and see where the cause is. Mind if I ask,
What ROMs have you used specifically?
What are your software settings?

So far in all the reading, it is across the board so to speak. Have not seen any real fixes as of yet.

feel free to PM to discuss further.

I have used: Official21, Vanilla, Legend Build(EE), Eris Lightning, EvilEris2.01, Aloysius2.0, and Ivans0.8T2. I am now using Sense-able as it is the least buggy for me so far with OC. The only ones I can say for sure that have had the echo for me have been the last 4 including Sense-able.
Not sure what settings you're looking for, but here goes the ones I think may be related:
TTY off
Hearing Aids off
Voice Privacy off
In-Call Volume at about 75%

dianeofarcadia

May 9, 2008
Northern Michigan
I have used: Official21, Vanilla, Legend Build(EE), Eris Lightning, EvilEris2.01, Aloysius2.0, and Ivans0.8T2. I am now using Sense-able as it is the least buggy for me so far with OC. The only ones I can say for sure that have had the echo for me have been the last 4 including Sense-able.
Not sure what settings you're looking for, but here goes the ones I think may be related:
TTY off
Hearing Aids off
Voice Privacy off
In-Call Volume at about 75%

Thanks for the information, Evil Eris 2.0.1 does have the echo (which I need) Next on my list is Ivans, hope to be able to get time in the next day to try out.
As for settings, I am interested in comparison are these numbers.
Firmware Version: 2.1
Baseband Version: 2.32.40.11.09
Kernal Version : 2.6.29oc/root@Earth#25
Software number 2.2.651.1
PRI: 2.11_002

I have tried Zen EXP by .mac. I like it, ran nice however heard no echo on it.
(edit: might want to try that one and see if the echo is present for you,)

Currently using Evil Eris 2.0.1 (edit: trying Ivan's 1.0 - nice, no problems so far and echo is present)

Last edited:

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
Thanks for the information, Evil Eris 2.0.1 does have the echo (which I need) Next on my list is Ivans, hope to be able to get time in the next day to try out.
As for settings, I am interested in comparison are these numbers.
Firmware Version: 2.1
Baseband Version: 2.32.40.11.09
Kernal Version : 2.6.29oc/root@Earth#25
Software number 2.2.651.1
PRI: 2.11_002

I have tried Zen EXP by .mac. I like it, ran nice however heard no echo on it.
(edit: might want to try that one and see if the echo is present for you,)

Currently using Evil Eris 2.0.1 (edit: trying Ivan's 1.0 - nice, no problems so far and echo is present)
Firmware: 2.1
Baseband: 2.40.00.01.22
Kernel: 2.6.29 zanfur@gandalf #46
Software number: 2.26.605.4
PRI:2.11_002

I'll look into the Zen EXP, Thanks!