[APP][Update 2009/04/08] SSMaHo 0.0.4.0

Search This thread

svenso

Jan 7, 2006
Bern
[size=+2][APP][Update 2009/04/08] SSMaHo 0.0.4.0 [/size]

Guys

I reimplemented the old SSMaPa. completly new technology.

There aren't many new features till now, but the new architecture allows further changes..

some new features
- differing between mail and sms now possible
- added some new replacements
- landscape mode fully supported
- should be working generic on all manila versions

I also added gsgetfile.dll as default file chooser for ssmaho

How to use:
- if you was using old ssmapa, do first a 'full restore' in ssmapa!
- Extract all 4 files and copy them to a folder on your phone (the folder has to stay on the phone.. I recommand /programs/ssmaho)
- run ssmahogui.exe
- click on the first button
- click on load configuration
- click on "Start INIT-Assistant"
- There are two modes, prefer the fast init, only if this is not working, choose the manila file from the slowinit box. Click on Fast Init (or maybe slow init)
- There should appear something like: "CreateProcessW offset found: 0x002d4240, ..." If that's not the case and "unknown exetype" appears, then use slow init.. In some cases you have to click 2 times... If this isn't working too, then sorry, ssmaho will not work on your device.
- click close
- click on "start assigner mode"
- minimize ssmaho (click right top corner, fast, or start -> today)
- Go back to manila
- click on every element you want to replace in manila
- there should pop up a window 'Assigner'. enable in minimum following checkboxes: Active, EXE Name, all News
---- Match condition commandline is useful for hooking sms inbox and mail inbox
- with the button "..." choose the new file
- click ok
- assign as many as you want.. windows are not working, but there are more than in ssmapa.. also landscape alignment should be working
- when you're done go back to ssmahoGUI and click on "Stop all".
- go to shortcuts, I recommand enabling all...
- click on "Save Configuration"
- click on About (or don't do it :p)
- close the program
- You have under programs new shortcuts: SSMaHo Attach / SSMaHo Detach. click on "ssmaho attach" and the new programs get called when working with manila.
--> You have to execute the attacher everytime manila crashes. If you use autostart it should automatically attaching after softreset, but not after a crash.

I don't think that this tool is able to destroy something on the phone. Never mind, I'm not responsible for any damages.

[size=+1]Upgrade instructions[/size]
1. copy all the new files to the same directory
2. Click on "Install new HookerDll"
2.1. If this fails, click on "Load Configuration" -> "Stop All"
2.2 Reclick on "Install new HookerDll"
3. ReDo the initialisation. You should use FastInit. There should appear 6 offsets
4. Ready.. You can now use ssmaho...

With version 0.0.3.0 I implemented a real inline patch (hooking a function of manila). a generic solution for smt. like this is heavy... theoretically it should work (tested on a rhodium and old manila)... but as soon as htc changes smt deep, it won't be working anymore..

[size=+1]Tricks[/size]
- Everytime the first button is available, click it... you'll then have lesser "where the hell"-messages:p
- if you have problems with one function / one hook, deactivate it with "manual configuration"

[size=+1]Important[/size]
- The new inlinefunction-hooking of manila can only be searched with fast init. Also, fast Init isn't as fast as before, because it has to search more data... be patient after clicking on it..

Please donate for me! I'm a apprentice and use a lot of my free time for working on the computer, to be able to create such tools.

[size=+2]Thank you :eek: [/size]

Received Donations:
  • 15 Euro - 28wagram - 2009/05/13 - nice, thank you
  • 10 Euro - ppc3300 - 2009/04/07 - thank you
  • 10 Euro - lacasi - 2009/07/23 - thank you
  • 10 Euro - Martin L. - 2010/01/02 - thank you
  • 5 Euro - juwenio - 2009/04/03 - thank you
  • 5 Euro - Trident - 2009/04/09 - thank you
  • 5 Euro - mpayne - 2009/06/11 - thank you
  • 5 Euro - 1swat - 2009/06/25 - thank you
  • 5 Euro - aussiebum - 2009/08/02 - thank you
  • 5 Euro - plerche - 2010/02/23 - thank you :)

Changelog:
Version 0.0.4.0 (2009/04/08)
- Improved slow init. ssmaho now fully working on all devices where manila.exe isn't read-accessible (file is fully readable in ram :))
--> Full support for Dutty 2.6 xtreme !
- added crash handler
--> on new phones, evertime manila crashes (not restart, crash) ssmaho gets reattached automatically. This feature is like all other event-based and not polling anything..
- fixed some bugs

Version 0.0.3.2 (2009/04/06)
- Removed exe limitation.. all filetypes are now supported

Version 0.0.3.1 (2009/04/05)
- ssmapat2hook.dll doesn't get removed after install
- improved --with-wait function. probably it helps, probably not..
- filename is no more case-sensitive
- last filename will be shown in fast-init box
- change on assigner: clicking to cancel will do the original action, clicking Ok will supress it
- added architecture for an external api interface (if your're interested, contact me)
- added new patch (only for developer usage, on page change)

Version 0.0.3.0 (2009/03/28)
- After hours and many evenings of work, I am proud to present the new ssmaho-version!
- Added special-infile-patch, hooks every subview of manila.
- Rhodium calendar / Call History and much more gets triggered (altough, on old manila versions, call history isn't hookable)
- bugfixes, autosave, ...
- added manual offset changer for professionals

Version 0.0.2.0 (2009/03/19)
- Added new hook (click on sms / mails / maybe rhodium calendar)

Version 0.0.1.0 (2009/03/16)
- First official release
- Thank NLS and hanackin for their patience on beta testing :)

P.S. Excuse me for my english...

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 16,682
  • ssmaho_0.0.1.0.zip
    161.3 KB · Views: 987
  • ssmaho_0.0.2.0.zip
    162.5 KB · Views: 1,183
  • ssmaho_0.0.3.0.zip
    164.5 KB · Views: 770
  • ssmaho_0.0.3.2.zip
    165.3 KB · Views: 652
  • ssmaho_0.0.4.0.zip
    166.9 KB · Views: 11,082
Last edited:
Reactions: AvocadoBaby

Drybonz

Sep 20, 2008
Thanks a bunch, Svenso... I am a long time SSMAPA user, and I am very happy to see this new app.

:)

kauka187

Sep 17, 2008
Narbonne, France
So will this prog allow me to have wmp open instead of tf3d music player when i touch the music tab in touchflo? also will this software work on the new manila?

cheers

jonorb

Feb 13, 2007
Sweden
That´s indeed nice improvments. The question is if this app supports the upcoming "XBmod Manila Rhodium port". If it is you´re my hero!!

TheDestroyer

Oct 27, 2007
Really cool tool. I hope that no bugs will be found.
Hmm, previous version of this tool used manila's files patches, I suppose, but now we have to check an autostart option... that means that you patch manila in the RAM, but not the file. Does your app hang in memory or it starts after a soft reset, patches and unloads?

Drybonz

Sep 20, 2008
Testing now... not sure if I am clear on what everything on the pop-up assignment screen does.

*edit* Ok, I think I've got it. I have successfully mapped the "time click" on XBMod's HD manila. :)
If I click on the call history button it brings up the call history instead of bringing up the assignment screen. I'm assuming this element cannot be mapped?

Last edited:

Drybonz

Sep 20, 2008
Yes unfortunately you assume correctly.

But SSMaHo is a better base to develop on, anyway.

I'm already loving it. The fact that it works on the HD manila is wonderful.

*edit* How does the "differing between mail and sms" work? If I click on the "all messages" button on the sms tab will it just remap this button?

Last edited:

Archer74

Nov 21, 2007
Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your effort with this tool. It's a great idea and hopefully it'll work on my device in one of the next versions. Stumbled upon your tool yesterday and read the whole thread of the previous tool, and now tried this one. But it seems there's still something going on with this manila version, your tool doesn't like.

When I press "Start Assigner Mode" I get a popup saying "thats bad. Proc not found -.-"

I'm using a new HTC Touch Cruise (09). It already features the new "Footprint Tab". In case I can send any file to you to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Until then: good luck with your exams!

kauka187

Sep 17, 2008
Narbonne, France
change music player?

Ok i searched the old thread (alpha version) as well and found no answers as to whether this software could replace the manila music player in touchflo.

Could someone please confirm or deny whether its possible to change it to say windows media player?

thanks in advance

sayazs

Nov 4, 2008
i tried using it on the rhodium port but it doesnt seem to work :-\
im just following the instructions and it cant initiate the manilla.exe properly

great work none the less for the HD manilla! =D

Drybonz

Sep 20, 2008
i tried using it on the rhodium port but it doesnt seem to work :-\
im just following the instructions and it cant initiate the manilla.exe properly

great work none the less for the HD manilla! =D

The Rhodium port is probably manila2.exe. Haven't tried it yet, I'm just guessing.

kauka187

Sep 17, 2008
Narbonne, France
Why don't you just try?

Because I'd like to hear from others who have tried it first and hear about their experiences in case theres a major problem or other.

And now with the above posts i now know that it doesnt work with the new manila and therefore i dont have to risk messing up anything on my phone.

Hoping in the future that Rhodium/Manila2 is supported as it looks like a great app!

Cheers

Mcign

Feb 27, 2009
I've try it in my jade ( aka touch 3g ) and works perfectly !!!
i replace time link with better g-alarm !!!!
tnku very much.

BRSG

Jan 21, 2007
Viseu/Coimbra
Not working at my Touch HD... My current ROM is Touch of HD v3.4.1 and when I click at Start Assigner-Mode it gives back the error: Master failure. where the hell you put my dll in?!

I placed all the four files in a folder (named it SSMaHo) at the root of the phone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [size=+2][APP][Update 2009/04/08] SSMaHo 0.0.4.0 [/size]

Guys

I reimplemented the old SSMaPa. completly new technology.

There aren't many new features till now, but the new architecture allows further changes..

some new features
    - differing between mail and sms now possible
    - added some new replacements
    - landscape mode fully supported
    - should be working generic on all manila versions

I also added gsgetfile.dll as default file chooser for ssmaho

How to use:
    - if you was using old ssmapa, do first a 'full restore' in ssmapa!
    - Extract all 4 files and copy them to a folder on your phone (the folder has to stay on the phone.. I recommand /programs/ssmaho)
    - run ssmahogui.exe
    - click on the first button
    - click on load configuration
    - click on "Start INIT-Assistant"
    - There are two modes, prefer the fast init, only if this is not working, choose the manila file from the slowinit box. Click on Fast Init (or maybe slow init)
    - There should appear something like: "CreateProcessW offset found: 0x002d4240, ..." If that's not the case and "unknown exetype" appears, then use slow init.. In some cases you have to click 2 times... If this isn't working too, then sorry, ssmaho will not work on your device.
    - click close
    - click on "start assigner mode"
    - minimize ssmaho (click right top corner, fast, or start -> today)
    - Go back to manila
    - click on every element you want to replace in manila
    - there should pop up a window 'Assigner'. enable in minimum following checkboxes: Active, EXE Name, all News
    ---- Match condition commandline is useful for hooking sms inbox and mail inbox
    - with the button "..." choose the new file
    - click ok
    - assign as many as you want.. windows are not working, but there are more than in ssmapa.. also landscape alignment should be working
    - when you're done go back to ssmahoGUI and click on "Stop all".
    - go to shortcuts, I recommand enabling all...
    - click on "Save Configuration"
    - click on About (or don't do it :p)
    - close the program
    - You have under programs new shortcuts: SSMaHo Attach / SSMaHo Detach. click on "ssmaho attach" and the new programs get called when working with manila.
    --> You have to execute the attacher everytime manila crashes. If you use autostart it should automatically attaching after softreset, but not after a crash.

I don't think that this tool is able to destroy something on the phone. Never mind, I'm not responsible for any damages.

[size=+1]Upgrade instructions[/size]
    1. copy all the new files to the same directory
    2. Click on "Install new HookerDll"
    2.1. If this fails, click on "Load Configuration" -> "Stop All"
    2.2 Reclick on "Install new HookerDll"
    3. ReDo the initialisation. You should use FastInit. There should appear 6 offsets
    4. Ready.. You can now use ssmaho...

With version 0.0.3.0 I implemented a real inline patch (hooking a function of manila). a generic solution for smt. like this is heavy... theoretically it should work (tested on a rhodium and old manila)... but as soon as htc changes smt deep, it won't be working anymore..

[size=+1]Tricks[/size]
    - Everytime the first button is available, click it... you'll then have lesser "where the hell"-messages:p
    - if you have problems with one function / one hook, deactivate it with "manual configuration"

[size=+1]Important[/size]
    - The new inlinefunction-hooking of manila can only be searched with fast init. Also, fast Init isn't as fast as before, because it has to search more data... be patient after clicking on it..

Please donate for me! I'm a apprentice and use a lot of my free time for working on the computer, to be able to create such tools.

[size=+2]Thank you :eek: [/size]

Received Donations:
    • 15 Euro - 28wagram - 2009/05/13 - nice, thank you
    • 10 Euro - ppc3300 - 2009/04/07 - thank you
    • 10 Euro - lacasi - 2009/07/23 - thank you
    • 10 Euro - Martin L. - 2010/01/02 - thank you
    • 5 Euro - juwenio - 2009/04/03 - thank you
    • 5 Euro - Trident - 2009/04/09 - thank you
    • 5 Euro - mpayne - 2009/06/11 - thank you
    • 5 Euro - 1swat - 2009/06/25 - thank you
    • 5 Euro - aussiebum - 2009/08/02 - thank you
    • 5 Euro - plerche - 2010/02/23 - thank you :)

Changelog:
    Version 0.0.4.0 (2009/04/08)
    - Improved slow init. ssmaho now fully working on all devices where manila.exe isn't read-accessible (file is fully readable in ram :))
    --> Full support for Dutty 2.6 xtreme !
    - added crash handler
    --> on new phones, evertime manila crashes (not restart, crash) ssmaho gets reattached automatically. This feature is like all other event-based and not polling anything..
    - fixed some bugs

Version 0.0.3.2 (2009/04/06)
    - Removed exe limitation.. all filetypes are now supported

Version 0.0.3.1 (2009/04/05)
    - ssmapat2hook.dll doesn't get removed after install
    - improved --with-wait function. probably it helps, probably not..
    - filename is no more case-sensitive
    - last filename will be shown in fast-init box
    - change on assigner: clicking to cancel will do the original action, clicking Ok will supress it
    - added architecture for an external api interface (if your're interested, contact me)
    - added new patch (only for developer usage, on page change)

Version 0.0.3.0 (2009/03/28)
    - After hours and many evenings of work, I am proud to present the new ssmaho-version!
    - Added special-infile-patch, hooks every subview of manila.
    - Rhodium calendar / Call History and much more gets triggered (altough, on old manila versions, call history isn't hookable)
    - bugfixes, autosave, ...
    - added manual offset changer for professionals

Version 0.0.2.0 (2009/03/19)
    - Added new hook (click on sms / mails / maybe rhodium calendar)

Version 0.0.1.0 (2009/03/16)
    - First official release
    - Thank NLS and hanackin for their patience on beta testing :)

P.S. Excuse me for my english...