Samsung Galaxy S III, AT&T rooted, not having luck installing ROM

Search This thread

Arbaj

Apr 10, 2014
First of all, please excuse my noobishness. Please show some compassion :)

I have a Samsung Galaxy S III, AT&T rooted, not having luck installing ROM. I've tried CM and it errors out.

The goal is to upgrade from Android version 4.0.4.

I have ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.7 if that makes any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mojar7070

Jan 25, 2013
You may need to update your boot loader..... Not sure though.

Sent from my d2lte using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Arbaj

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
The status 7 error can be caused by an outdated recovery which, in your case, wouldn't be the case.

You need to make sure that your bootloader is supported by the rom you want to install. You can find the rom's supported bootloader in the rom's updater script file.

Reactions: Arbaj

Arbaj

Apr 10, 2014
The status 7 error can be caused by an outdated recovery which, in your case, wouldn't be the case.

You need to make sure that your bootloader is supported by the rom you want to install. You can find the rom's supported bootloader in the rom's updater script file.

Is updating the bootloader an option?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What installation errors are you getting?
    You may need to update your boot loader..... Not sure though.

Sent from my d2lte using xda app-developers app

Is updating the bootloader an option?

You can update the bootloader but, for CM-based ROMs, you can update to a 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 bootloader and it should work. I wouldn't update to the latest 4.3 bootloader unless you have to.