Considering coming from Optimus 4x HD to Optimus G

Search This thread

FunkyRasta

Feb 4, 2013
Kraków
Hi guys

I'm now running LG 4X HD. It has so much dev support and like p880's devs very much. But battery life, heat from Tegra and bugs and lags in AOSP roms are making me tired. All bugs are introduced because of the fact that p880 stopped at 4.1.2 android and sources provided by LG along with it. But devs made 4.4.4 happren anyway ;)

I can exchange my p880 for LG optimus G without paying for it. Question is: is it worth it ?

I would like to know what do you think of dev support of OG:
-Are there good kernel available ?
-Are there bug free 4.4 ROMs ? (p880 have CM, PA, SlimKat, Nameless, OMNI and many others )
-Are the sources of LG 4.4 android available ?

Thank you for answers, I must make the decision, to jump or to stay :)

EDIT : **** ! I thought I was in Q&A section sorry ! If mod would move this thread I would be happy ;)

Last edited:

Javier_Vzla

Jul 11, 2013
San Diego
DO IT!

Hi guys

I'm now running LG 4X HD. It has so much dev support and like p880's devs very much. But battery life, heat from Tegra and bugs and lags in AOSP roms are making me tired. All bugs are introduced because of the fact that p880 stopped at 4.1.2 android and sources provided by LG along with it. But devs made 4.4.4 happren anyway ;)

I can exchange my p880 for LG optimus G without paying for it. Question is: is it worth it ?

-Are there bug free 4.4 ROMs ? (p880 have CM, PA, SlimKat, Nameless, OMNI and many others )

EDIT : **** ! I thought I was in Q&A section sorry ! If mod would move this thread I would be happy ;)

I had an Optimus 4X HD 2 months ago, and I was tired and frustrated by this phone, the battery life is terrible, the performance should be more for what it says on paper, the only thing I loved about this phone was the flash

One month I have the Optimus G, coming from 4X HD, and it was the best decision I could make this phone FLIES is very buttery, the battery life is decent, what does a real smartphone and from like 2 weeks ago I was upgraded to KITKAT by LG, is the best phone I've ever had, excellent gaming performance, the only flaw I see so is the camera.

DO IT NOW, you will not regret

Sorry for my english, Google translate.

Reactions: FunkyRasta

FunkyRasta

Feb 4, 2013
Kraków
Damn, I've just read that the phone is so cheap because it is f180 version...

Anyway I can flash custom roms made for e975 ? I know I can convert , but does this mean that I will be able to run e975 ROMs ?

akahroba

Feb 13, 2014
from some points of view G is even prefereable over G2. let alone 4xhd. Do not hesitate a second. and yeah, dev support is better than any other G serie phones.

Javier_Vzla

Jul 11, 2013
San Diego

Anyway I can flash custom roms made for e975 ? I know I can convert , but does this mean that I will be able to run e975 ROMs ?

Yes!, The F180 is the same E975, just having a different modem, but you can convert it to a 975 with no problems, but I tell you now, make a backup of the EFS folder, to avoid problems with the imei, I I can help you with everything you need!, no problem :)

About the ROMS, Omni, Carbon, Lego ROM (it is very good), among others that are also quite good, however, I liked more the rom stock, it is very fast, smooth and stable as any, and the life of the battery is amazing, hope I've helped

akahroba

Feb 13, 2014
Yes!, The F180 is the same E975, just having a different modem, but you can convert it to a 975 with no problems, but I tell you now, make a backup of the EFS folder, to avoid problems with the imei, I I can help you with everything you need!, no problem :)

About the ROMS, Omni, Carbon, Lego ROM (it is very good), among others that are also quite good, however, I liked more the rom stock, it is very fast, smooth and stable as any, and the life of the battery is amazing, hope I've helped

let me add this: f180 doesn't have FM radio.

FunkyRasta

Feb 4, 2013
Kraków

So no real difference beetwen F180 and E975 ? Just flash ROM and F180 baseband after it ? :D Are there any problems after conversion ? One thing that puts me off about LG stock is the looks of it, so that's why I wanted to know about custom ROMs, if they're stable and smooth.
I also do not care for radio ,Thanks for all the help !

donkanmcklaus

Jan 9, 2013
Santiago
I used to have an LG optimus 4x HD 1 month ago, and change it for an optimus g, and the difference is brutal, the only flat point on this optimus g, is that camera haven't flash aided focus, so low light photos are terrible blurred

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
Hi guys

If the optimus g is in good condition i say do it. Just know that the roms on the optimus g are no better tho, our roms are not buggy but devs always abandon the projects and leave us with one or two major bugs, aside from cyanogenmod tho most 4.4 roms are pretty stable, then again also a lot of devs always overclock gpu and cpu and disable thermal throttling -_- which is completely unmecesary on this device seriously, that wont compensate for the lag on the rom, but im just bwing butthurt. I say do it, better specs and shares a lot with the Nexus 4.

Javier_Vzla

Jul 11, 2013
San Diego
So no real difference beetwen F180 and E975 ? Just flash ROM and F180 baseband after it ? :D Are there any problems after conversion ? One thing that puts me off about LG stock is the looks of it, so that's why I wanted to know about custom ROMs, if they're stable and smooth.
I also do not care for radio ,Thanks for all the help !

The baseband is the only difference, for the rest, the optimus G has the best utility which can have any LG, called Freegee (need root), with this application you can make backup of EFS, unlock bootloader, restore EFS, install CWM , EVERYTHING!.

It can be rooted with Towelroot or framaroot, is very easy, if you are installing a new rom, and you have no signal, restores EFS and go!

else you have not mentioned is that there are several models of Optimus G, and each model has different roms, you need to read the guides and tutorials, roms to understand that to serve models.

FunkyRasta

Feb 4, 2013
Kraków
If the optimus g is in good condition i say do it. Just know that the roms on the optimus g are no better tho, our roms are not buggy but devs always abandon the projects and leave us with one or two major bugs, aside from cyanogenmod tho most 4.4 roms are pretty stable, then again also a lot of devs always overclock gpu and cpu and disable thermal throttling -_- which is completely unmecesary on this device seriously, that wont compensate for the lag on the rom, but im just bwing butthurt. I say do it, better specs and shares a lot with the Nexus 4.

I mean does the roms have reboots, freezes ? What kinda bugs ? Thought CM would be most stable, how is liquid smooth you are running ?

Official CM, thought it would be rock solid :/

The baseband is the only difference, for the rest, the optimus G has the best utility which can have any LG, called Freegee (need root), with this application you can make backup of EFS, unlock bootloader, restore EFS, install CWM , EVERYTHING!.

It can be rooted with Towelroot or framaroot, is very easy, if you are installing a new rom, and you have no signal, restores EFS and go!

else you have not mentioned is that there are several models of Optimus G, and each model has different roms, you need to read the guides and tutorials, roms to understand that to serve models.

So I get my f180 flash any e975 ROM and proper baseband, restore EFS and I'm ready to go ? :D
I know of these models no worries ;)
Thanks for all the support guys !

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Free mobile app

Javier_Vzla

Jul 11, 2013
San Diego
I mean does the roms have reboots, freezes ? What kinda bugs ? Thought CM would be most stable, how is liquid smooth you are running ?

So I get my f180 flash any e975 ROM and proper baseband, restore EFS and I'm ready to go ? :D
I know of these models no worries ;)
Thanks for all the support guys !

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Free mobile app

1 - Root with towelroot or framaroot
2 - install Freegee from the play store
3 - Backup EFS
4 - Unlock Bootloader (Mako method)
5 - go to recovery with volume up + power, then move the options with the volume keys and select "Recovery mode" then press power
6 - Install your favorite rom, then the baseband, and enjoy

If you do not run into signal restores EFS with freegee and that's it

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010

Hahaha Nah in my opinion CM sucks, **** always has bugs here and there in every release, reboots and battery drain. Irecommend unofficial omni rom, its the only bugless rom ive tried other than stock, theres a lot to try from tho, most of the bugs our roms have are minor so dont worry, also you can jist use stock kitkat, stable, battery life is amazing and it is pretty fast.

dark_prince

May 5, 2007
Islamabad
Hahaha Nah in my opinion CM sucks, **** always has bugs here and there in every release, reboots and battery drain. Irecommend unofficial omni rom, its the only bugless rom ive tried other than stock, theres a lot to try from tho, most of the bugs our roms have are minor so dont worry, also you can jist use stock kitkat, stable, battery life is amazing and it is pretty fast.

I 100% agree with this. Moved on to official KK Sling on my optimus G when my phone locked up for about 2 hours and when I tried to turn it on again, its screen kept ghosting for 2 or 3 hours I dunno.... I had to keep it turned off in my Fridge and luckily the screen was cleared off again.. Not moving on to any rom containing Custom/CM kernel ever. Damn that almost threw me off the edge about owning an LG phone right there but trouble was the rom.

I'd say Prefer Optimus G over anything (except if the hardware is more recent and powerful and u got wallet for that). Especially, with latest official KK release from LG and its mods, battery life is rock solid and phone doesnt burn your hands.

FunkyRasta

Feb 4, 2013
Kraków
Okay it seems I will not have to sell my p880 :D

I can buy "damaged" f180 (someone bricked it , it stays at download mode) for around 30 $ :D I'll just reflash it and use it for some time , try different ROMs and decide whether to stay on p880 ;) If it boots into download mode there's no reason not to be able to unbrick it, yes ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO IT!

Hi guys

I had an Optimus 4X HD 2 months ago, and I was tired and frustrated by this phone, the battery life is terrible, the performance should be more for what it says on paper, the only thing I loved about this phone was the flash

One month I have the Optimus G, coming from 4X HD, and it was the best decision I could make this phone FLIES is very buttery, the battery life is decent, what does a real smartphone and from like 2 weeks ago I was upgraded to KITKAT by LG, is the best phone I've ever had, excellent gaming performance, the only flaw I see so is the camera.

DO IT NOW, you will not regret

Sorry for my english, Google translate.
    This shouldn't even be the question. OG is superb phone even today (of course despite camera but 4X has even worse :p) and 4X was outdated when it came out.
    from some points of view G is even prefereable over G2. let alone 4xhd. Do not hesitate a second. and yeah, dev support is better than any other G serie phones.

let me add this: f180 doesn't have FM radio.