[Q] Unlock bootloader on 9.8.1q-94

Search This thread

mage.gere

May 9, 2014
Hi,
i've got a new Razr M, which has from factory this version of system:
98.30.1.xt907.verizon.en.us
build: 9.8.1q-94
I think about if it's possible to make towel root on this version of system, unlock bootloader with motocalypse and then flash TWRP and then CyanogenMod 11, last M8 build which is for JB.
Or it is not possible in this version of system and only way it's take OTA and then root, unlock bootloader and then Cyanogen for KK?
Thanks very much for answers.

lem22

Nov 25, 2013
If you want to unlock your bootloader, you'll need to update to KitKat first. Then you can apply towelroot and Motopocalypse.

mage.gere

May 9, 2014
Ok, thanks, as i read somewhere, there this towel root is possible on all version of Android before 4.6. But i wasnt sure about unlock bootloader.
Thanks for reply.

D

Dr. Mario

Flash the official Kit Kat ROM first, then hit it with Towel Root and finally use Motopocalypse app. After that, the Fastboot utility in the bootloader will indicate Status 3 or if you just boot straight back to the OS, you will be greeted by the teal warning splash screen telling you that you have effectively destroyed the warranty by unlocking the bootloader.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

HeliNut

Aug 30, 2013
KK Update

Has the update been patched or is it still OK to OTA? Still running 4.1.2 (9.8.1Q-78-1)?

The reason I have never heard about any updates is I have had Motorola services disabled!

Last edited:

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
Kk update can be rooted and unlocked

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

D

Dr. Mario

Yes. Android 4.4 Kit Kat update can be unlocked. I unlocked mine.

D

Dr. Mario

This. Kit Kat update is the only version the Motopocalypse works on.

jwkm360

Oct 29, 2014
late to the party

Hey everyone, I have a rooted locked bl JB 4.1.2 build 9.8.1a-78... I'd like to unlock pop and drop it. How do I go about upgrading to KK to towelroot when rooted? And is the exploitable version KK.10? Thanks!

Last edited:

livecouk

Oct 24, 2014
Hyderabad
Hey everyone, I have a rooted locked bl JB 4.1.2 build 9.8.1a-78... I'd like to unlock pop and drop it. How do I go about upgrading to KK to towelroot when rooted? And is the exploitable version KK.10? Thanks!
Just download motoclyspe which is also by geohot its apk and it works by same way towelroot :)
Download motoclyspe by geohot
Install on mobile (its apk)
Press the button (I forget name of button)

Reactions: jwkm360

dbreezy187

Apr 15, 2012
Somerset

Use rsd lite to flash 182/183.46.10 and do what he ^ said just make sure its .10... I'll grab the link that has all the info...

Edit... here is everything you need...
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.

Reactions: jwkm360

jwkm360

Oct 29, 2014
Use rsd lite to flash 182/183.46.10 and do what he ^ said just make sure its .10... I'll grab the link that has all the info...

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.

Thanks for the valuable info you two, however, I am having trouble finding the download for 182/183.46.10

jwkm360

Oct 29, 2014
Pouring my first beer!

Can't thank enough for the help, successfully upgraded, rooted, and unlocked. Got hung up on rsd lite, had to edit xml for firmware. Other than that, smooth sailing and the beer at the party is still ice cold.

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also, it is worth a note, Towel Root WILL work with previous firmware versions, however, Motopocalypse doesn't work on all versions.
    Just download motoclyspe which is also by geohot its apk and it works by same way towelroot :)
    Download motoclyspe by geohot
    Install on mobile (its apk)
    Press the button (I forget name of button)

Thanks for the valuable info you two, however, I am having trouble finding the download for 182/183.46.10

Here ya go