convert GPE back to stock ?

Search This thread

appsmarsterx

Sep 18, 2013
yesterday I had to flash GPE because I tried to downgrade my stock 4.4.3 back to 4.3 (jelly bean). then I failed to downgrade and stuck with a bootloop .. later I flashed GPE rom with flashboot and now I have GPE 4.4.4 atm (xt-1032)

my question is can I go back to stock kitkat by flashing a rom with a custom recovery (TWARP or CWM) ? or should I have to convert the file format back to f2fs from ext4 before flashing another rom???

really appreciate any help...

appsmarsterx

Sep 18, 2013
thanks for the help lost, really appreciate it .. I have few questions,

have you tried converting file system with TWRP ? if so what is the recommended version ?

another question, can I just go back to GPE 4.2.2 by flashing with fastboot ? if so , should I first need to wipe the system with the recovery before the downgrade ?

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
have you tried converting file system with TWRP ? if so what is the recommended version ?

another question, can I just go back to GPE 4.2.2 by flashing with fastboot ? if so , should I first need to wipe the system with the recovery before the downgrade ?
Version 2.7 (or newer):

You can just flash a fastboot Image (follow guide and run all commands or run included .bat if there is one) - nothing needs to be done in recovery.

Reactions: appsmarsterx

Top Liked Posts