just received OTA update to UCAMA4

Search This thread

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
I suspect it's the Exynos security fix, but I haven't tried to verify that.

Addendum: After it installed, the device status was Modified. But I restarted the phone again, and now the status is back to Normal. (It's always been fully stock, never rooted.)

Last edited:

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
Just did the update.

I was rooted before - showing as modified.

Downloaded and installed fine.

Still rooted, still modified.

Sent from my Note ][

htc.user

Jul 16, 2007
BOS
It removed the option #4 when doing the free sim unlock.

uploadfromtaptalk1360980498947.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk HD

htc.user

Jul 16, 2007
BOS
The pic is after I used odin to put the original 4.1.1 rom back on. When it was ucama4, the #4 option was the rat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk HD

seanzscreams

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Atlanta
Can you dump your kernel and radio plz

Someone. ..anyone. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
How were u able to do that? I tried to do the ota update and my phone didn't update, but I'm still rooted (modified).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

I was at one time running cleanrom. But, I bought a AllShare Cast Hub with my 50% coupon. I can only get that to work on stock. So, I went back to bone unrooted stock, took the OTA than granted multi view, then ran the auto root with Odin. Then I took the newer ota. It still says modified, and super su is still installed. When I open super su I didn't get any sort of error. So, I ASSumed I was still rooted.

But, when I dig deeper and tried to get root access I am not actually rooted anymore. I wonder why it says modified then. I expected to lose root, but I also expected it to remove super su.

The ota downloaded, rebooted, installed, with no hitch, when I was rooted. So, root doesn't prevent the ota from downloading. But, root was the only modification I made, nothing else, otherwise the AllShare cast doesn't work.

Sent from my Note ][

Last edited:

wherestheanykey

Sep 1, 2009
I was at one time running cleanrom. But, I bought a AllShare Cast Hub with my 50% coupon. I can only get that to work on stock. So, I went back to bone unrooted stock, took the OTA than granted multi view, then ran the auto root with Odin. Then I took the newer ota. It still says modified, and super su is still installed. When I open super su I didn't get any sort of error. So, I ASSumed I was still rooted.

But, when I dig deeper and tried to get root access I am not actually rooted anymore. I wonder why it says modified then. I expected to lose root, but I also expected it to remove super su.

The ota downloaded, rebooted, installed, with no hitch, when I was rooted. So, root doesn't prevent the ota from downloading. But, root was the only modification I made, nothing else, otherwise the AllShare cast doesn't work.

Sent from my Note ][

I did a similar update with the LK7 OTA update. I was stock rooted with all status at normal and flash counter at zero. I installed Voodoo OTA RootKeeper (v2.0.3) and ran it to get a protected copy su binary. Then let the phone flash the OTA update and reboot. I too still had SuperuserSU and appeared to be rooted, but when I tried to launch Titanium it couldn't get permission. I had to open RootKeeper and re-apply the protecyed copy of root, then everything was fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I suspect it's the Exynos security fix, but I haven't tried to verify that.

Addendum: After it installed, the device status was Modified. But I restarted the phone again, and now the status is back to Normal. (It's always been fully stock, never rooted.)
    you are lucky; usually doing an ota update kills root
    So if you had done the option 4 free unlock is it not unlocked now?...noticed T-mo N2 didn't have that option the other day

Just checked, the unlock still works if you did the unlock before the latest update. I am on AT&T and my T-Moobil sim still worked after the update.
    I had uninstalled 12 to 14 att bloatware apps and backed them up with Titanium Backup. I rerooted and reinstalled them all (ouch) and then unrooted. I will try the update again tomorrow. Anyone have the update file to update manually?

Yes i do, HERE put it under the /cache and flash the update with the stock recovery (or custom recovery). Good luck i've been through this once (successfully) and i don't plan on doing so again. Let me know if there's any other way i can help.