[ROM] 6.5.3.3 *latest*28205 [1.02] 03/01/10 X7500 ROM

Search This thread

avengerpenguin

Jan 31, 2005
Bristol
All, New build ported 28205!

This is SPL 3.5 ONLY!!!

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR BRICKED/BROKEN DEVICES.

Anyway if you decide to try please post any feedback for me to work with. Comments welcome good and bad!

Download: 28205

Download: 28205 1.04 Test

Download: 28205 1.04 Test RealVGA

RealVGA to follow tomorrow!

2008_03_01_00_24_57_0001_111g1.jpg

2008_03_01_00_25_21_0002_111g1.jpg

2008_03_01_00_26_09_0003_111g1.jpg

2008_03_01_00_26_59_0005_111g1.jpg

2008_03_01_00_27_31_0006_111g1.jpg

Attachments

• MagnifierSetup.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 1,259
  • StartMenu.cab
    3.7 KB · Views: 792
Last edited:

bravogee

May 21, 2008
i tried it & on 1st boot you have to tap the screen when it starts to darken otherwise it will stop booting. power icon does not work & even f i go to power thru settings nothing happens when i tap the icon, but major issue is cannot turn on bluetooth hence cannot pair athena with my jabra bt 8010

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
thanks, will try it tonight after my phone is fully charged....I welcome the updated builds....again, thank you.

creations_31

Feb 13, 2005
INDIA
Any other known issues ?

Hello friends

Looks this beta rom.. good, if some one has flashed to device checked any other known problems ?

CAN we install third party applications on this rom..since it is clearly mention beta rom?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
ok, so I went ahead flashed the rom: I will update this post as I go along

on 1st boot (orange windows screen) I got an error message from network wizard: "there was a problem setting up network"....when the phone is fully booted it can't seem to find my phone service....I think I will have to flash again...
usually this problems comes in when the phone is using the wrong network BAND and all it would take for me to do is to switch the BAND back to the ones my phone company use
phone>>options>>band and change it there....but I can't find band in phone settings......

EDIT: I tried hardresetting to see if it would pick up my network but that didint' work so now I'm re-flashing. the ROM seems ok so far speed wise.

EDIT: I did a reflash it still didnt' pick up any network, I also changed radio from 1.58, to 1.57 and still nothing....

EDIT: I can't change the band, I use the 850, 1900 bands for both GSM and UMTS but I can't change it to that

Last edited:

avengerpenguin

Jan 31, 2005
Bristol
sorry guys for not getting back sooner, work been taking over. will be attempting to port a later build tonight, and will revert back to fixing mentioned issues if it doesnt go to plan.

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
sorry guys for not getting back sooner, work been taking over. will be attempting to port a later build tonight, and will revert back to fixing mentioned issues if it doesnt go to plan.

looking forward to your new build....still this problem that i can't change the band to work here in the US is getting to me....

Montecristo

Mar 3, 2006
www.actors-studio.org
All, here is my 23001 test rom for the x7500, this is ported from the x7510 kitchen. This is SPL 3.5!!!

I must stress that this is a test rom for me, therefore I would only recomend for experienced rom flashers the usual hspl etc etc applies.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR BRICKED/BROKEN DEVICES.

Anyway if you decide to try please post any feedback for me to work with.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a5cen3

2008_03_01_02_38_07_0009_111g1.jpg

2008_03_01_02_34_10_0004_111g1.jpg

Thanks for your work!!

What kitchen you've used?

avengerpenguin

Jan 31, 2005
Bristol
I am using ervius's kitchen, with a dumped wm6.0 build with the sys and xip from the x7510 kitchen, however I am in the process of trying to port build 23045 over to our devices, but still need to do some flattening of modules as I cannot get it to boot at present and I believe this is due to using to much of the slot 0 memory in the 6.1 kernel.

I will be doing some more work on this tonight, I will report back with any progress :)

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
Thanks for your work!!

What kitchen you've used?

hey Monte is your device picking up on the cell signal with this rom?
there must be some sort of registry edit I can do to get my phone to change band...but I have no clue which key/s

I am using ervius's kitchen, with a dumped wm6.0 build with the sys and xip from the x7510 kitchen, however I am in the process of trying to port build 23045 over to our devices, but still need to do some flattening of modules as I cannot get it to boot at present and I believe this is due to using to much of the slot 0 memory in the 6.1 kernel.

I will be doing some more work on this tonight, I will report back with any progress :)

thanks looking forward to the new build....I was just reading about it this morning over at wmpoweruser.com

Last edited:

avengerpenguin

Jan 31, 2005
Bristol
hey Monte is your device picking up on the cell signal with this rom?
there must be some sort of registry edit I can do to get my phone to change band...but I have no clue which key/s

If you can bear with me I am hoping to get the new build to boot tonight and I will check the band selection etc, am hoping it will be fixed due to much newer build. If not I will try changing some of the modules from the original x7500 dump and swapping them into later sys folder in the hope of fixing bugs.

thanks looking forward to the new build....I was just reading about it this morning over at wmpoweruser.com

I am just hoping I can find whatever is stopping me getting a bootable rom, I think the new layout in the 23xxx builds would be really nice on the athena

avengerpenguin

Jan 31, 2005
Bristol
for all interested, I have just managed to get a 23409 build to boot, am just trying to see if the previous bugs have been fixed.

If anyone wants to try it and help me beta test, let me know and I will upload

Fixed in new build:

Power Icon - Fixed due to updated build drop down top bar
Bluetooth - I can search for and locate other devices, bluetooth led works, but no icon on top bar
Band Selection - I am able to set up network on first boot* also am able to go into /settings/personal/phone/band (new build supports side to side screen swipe to switch tabs)

*On first boot an error comes up "problem with database" its something to do with the network setup however my device located my sim card provider and configured phone service and data connection.

Last edited:

bravogee

May 21, 2008
I would love to try it out.

I would love to try it out. The first one was actually super smooth and fast. I just could not turn on the bluetooth. Hope this time bluetooth will work and I can pair with my headset. Thank you very much for your great work.

avengerpenguin

Jan 31, 2005
Bristol
I would love to try it out. The first one was actually super smooth and fast. I just could not turn on the bluetooth. Hope this time bluetooth will work and I can pair with my headset. Thank you very much for your great work.

Uploading 1st 23409 build now, testing another with more features as we speak

Download is up let me know what you think, am going to bed now its taken me 5 hours non stop to get to this!

Last edited:

mabury10

Dec 14, 2005
Rotterdam
Im considering trying this ROM. Been using all AP ROMs. After i tried some Michys. Now I would like to try the one from AstianHellbring but it's taking quite long to being released.

Is anyone using this ROM with day to day use? Thanks for your replies. ;)

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
Uploading 1st 23409 build now, testing another with more features as we speak

Download is up let me know what you think, am going to bed now its taken me 5 hours non stop to get to this!

thanks you very much for your hard work....you have given my athena new life...I'm falling in love with it all over again.

**when I flashed I got the same network wizard error again, I actually got to take some pictures of it this time around. I got it on both roms now. it comes up everytime I soft reset the phone.

**on 1st boot I couldnt' see the band tab in phone settings, it showed up after I did a hardreset, I was then able to set it to gsm 850+1900 bands, now it's picking up my carrier's network.

**the dialer seems to be messed up in portrait mode....so I use Advance Config to disable it and all is good

I see that you've included .net CF in this rom which is good.

**the Microsoft My Phone is in two different locations: in the main program list and in settings.

this is a fast rom, i havent had any freeze up yet or met up on any show stoppers yet...

**the bottom bar is hidden in some programs like winrar and total commander

EDIT: there's no link to get to input settings.....I can't get to register my touchpal keyboard.....

I also had my 1st couple of freezes, I think they have something to do with the WiFi because they all happend when I'm using it and the device goes into standby mode: using IEmobile with WiFi and the device went into standby, I had to soft reset. the other I can't seem to replicate but it caused my phone to hang on start up showing the orange windows mobile screen with the notification bar.....I had done a number of changes to registry and other parts so those could have played a role in the freeze up.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20090909_2.jpg
    Snapshot_20090909_2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

avengerpenguin

Jan 31, 2005
Bristol
Im considering trying this ROM. Been using all AP ROMs. After i tried some Michys. Now I would like to try the one from AstianHellbring but it's taking quite long to being released.

Is anyone using this ROM with day to day use? Thanks for your replies. ;)

The only thing I can suggest is that you look at the bugs/issues and see if you think you can live with them, and then try it if so.

Please remember this is a new build of windows as well as only the second rom I have ported and released, and was only first booted last night.

On the plus side I find this very quick and stable from my short time with it, faster than my blackstone running a build from the same com arm.

avengerpenguin

Jan 31, 2005
Bristol
thanks you very much for your hard work....you have given my athena new life...I'm falling in love with it all over again.

**when I flashed I got the same network wizard error again, I actually got to take some pictures of it this time around. I got it on both roms now. it comes up everytime I soft reset the phone.

**on 1st boot I couldnt' see the band tab in phone settings, it showed up after I did a hardreset, I was then able to set it to gsm 850+1900 bands, now it's picking up my carrier's network.

**the dialer seems to be messed up in portrait mode....so I use Advance Config to disable it and all is good

I see that you've included .net CF in this rom which is good.

**the Microsoft My Phone is in two different locations: in the main program list and in settings.

this is a fast rom, i havent had any freeze up yet or met up on any show stoppers yet...

**the bottom bar is hidden in some programs like winrar and total commander

EDIT: there's no link to get to input settings.....I can't get to register my touchpal keyboard.....

I also had my 1st couple of freezes, I think they have something to do with the WiFi because they all happend when I'm using it and the device goes into standby mode: using IEmobile with WiFi and the device went into standby, I had to soft reset. the other I can't seem to replicate but it caused my phone to hang on start up showing the orange windows mobile screen with the notification bar.....I had done a number of changes to registry and other parts so those could have played a role in the freeze up.

Will look into the network wizard errors, not sure what they are but doesnt seem to affect anything

Glad your able to choose your carrier band now

Dialer in portrait I will look at too

Micrsoft myphone, in progs and settings - This is not my doing, it seems to be that way from m$ my blackstone is exactly the same

Bottom bar issues I think are caused by the extra 18pix to put all new buttons etc. Not
much I can do as this is part and parcel of the new UI

Input settings, if you tap and hold on the bottom keyboard button when keyboard is out it will pop up a small input menu.(will look into this as well)

I have not suffered any lockups/freezes as of yet and have used same combination with ie and wifi