[Q] Updates after unrooting

Search This thread

jlu459

May 7, 2014
I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition recently and it states that it has been modified. I do not want it rooted and just want the official device status that it is supposed to be. If I unroot it to the latest 4.4.2 version, will I be able to on the tablet, update the software to the latest edition? I just want to be able to update it normally from the device and keep up with the latest versions. Thank you in advanced for your input.

Last edited:

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
As far as I know you won't be able to receive OTAs, but you will be able to do updates manually via Odin.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

¿Will-it-Blend?

May 27, 2013
Atlanta, GA
plus.google.com
I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition recently and it states that it has been modified. I do not want it rooted and just want the official device status that it is supposed to be. If I unroot it to the latest 4.4.2 version, will I be able to on the tablet, update the software to the latest edition? I just want to be able to update it normally from the device and keep up with the latest versions. Thank you in advanced for your input.

Odin flash the 4.4.2 firmware for your region and reboot into recovery and factory reset from there. Reboot and you'll be back at official non-rooted status and can receive OTA's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ialhabbal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Odin flash the 4.4.2 firmware for your region and reboot into recovery and factory reset from there. Reboot and you'll be back at official non-rooted status and can receive OTA's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk