Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
Hey everyone,

Fix for 2.2 phones has been uploaded to the Market
Update (11-16-2010}
Android 2.2 fix coming tonight or tomorrow

This is my first app and I built it because at the time there was nothing like it. Now there are a few others out there but I've tried to add as many features as possible. I have a lot of other upcoming features just wanted to get it out there.

***You must have root access***

Features:
Reboot, Fast Reboot, Reboot recovery, Reboot fastboot/download, Power off

FAST REBOOT is here...2.5x faster than a normal reboot.

Schedule a nightly reboot
-Notification in status bar with next reboot date and time
-Silent mode to keep your phone silent during the scheduled reboot
-SilentModeOff - Remove silent mode after reboot

Long press the search hardware button on our phone to select from a list of reboot options(Reboot, Reboot recovery, Reboot fastboot/download, Power off)

There is a 4x1 widget with all options plus a configuration button.
-3 different widget backgrounds, 5 different colors for the icons

You can add shortcuts for individual reboot types or there is one for a selected (will show a dialog of all reboot options)

I'd appreciate any feedback you all have. You can use the QR code below or search for Reboot Manager / Widget on the market.

screen

screen

Last edited by a moderator:

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
Would this work on a Windows mobile using Android 2.2 ?

I know see what you mean. The reboot, power off, and hot reboot (coming soon) should all work fine. Recovery and fastboot/download mode may be a different story. I'm not sure how those work but let me know how it goes with testing.

Thanks,
Cody

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
I know see what you mean. The reboot, power off, and hot reboot (coming soon) should all work fine. Recovery and fastboot/download mode may be a different story. I'm not sure how those work but let me know how it goes with testing.

Thanks,
Cody

LOL, hot reboot :) At least you can be a bit creative concerning the name :D:D

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
Sometimes on the bus, I like to turn on wireless tether and ask the person next to me if they would like to access my personal hotspot. :)

I am wating for this hot/fast/quick-boot option. I am less concerned with the name of it, as long as it works like Cody describes.

I'm in the final stages of testing as we speak. I'll keep this post updated with the progress (I hope to have it published sometime tonight or tomorrow). I'm also thinking about making the icons more "factory" looking, but that will be in the next release if I choose to change them. Might also make the icon changes a option.

Also working on some bugs associated with HTC Sense roms.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
I'm in the final stages of testing as we speak. I'll keep this post updated with the progress (I hope to have it published sometime tonight or tomorrow). I'm also thinking about making the icons more "factory" looking, but that will be in the next release if I choose to change them. Might also make the icon changes a option.

Also working on some bugs associated with HTC Sense roms.

On my Samsung Vibrant, Fast Reboot is 2.5x faster (20 secs) compared to a normal reboot (55 secs).

I will have version 1.2 up on the market today.

Cody

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
Sometimes on the bus, I like to turn on wireless tether and ask the person next to me if they would like to access my personal hotspot. :)

I am wating for this hot/fast/quick-boot option. I am less concerned with the name of it, as long as it works like Cody describes.

Version 1.2 with Fast Reboot now on the market.

Thanks.

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
1.3 will be up tonight or early tomorrow which fixes issues with HTC sense roms and other misc roms.

Cody

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
So does this work with the HTC Evo? and if so, which key press do you use to get the activation menu?

It should work. I'm in the process of changing the way I do the reboots which will make the app a lot more flexible. I'm finding phones have differences that make it hard to work for all. I'll have an update tomorrow with the redesign.

You will hold down the search button to bring up a reboot menu. Does the evo have a search button?

Thanks,
Cody

redbeard46

Jul 13, 2010
Renton
not exactly. on the evo there IS a button on the bottom of the phone of a magnifying glass, that is a search button. but when hit, pulls up the search screen, with search bar.when you click the icon to the left of the bar you get a list of what to search. Now, i just noticed that when LONG pushed, DOES give me the option of using your app. but no matter what i choose, causes a force close. I AM Rooted.

Last edited:

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
not exactly. on the stock rom, there is a search screen where you can chose what engine to search with..ie.. google, settings.. etc . there is a icon next to the search bar that when clicked, gives you the option of what to search. but as far as i know, no single one button. but, i could be missing something. maybe you could have your app add a button to the list.

By search button I'm referring to the hardware search button. On the EVO it would be the button below the screen on the very right of the phone (the button to the right of back). If you long press that you will be presented with an option to select reboot manager or the default long press action. Select Reboot Manager and click use this as the default. The next time you long press the hardware button you will get a list to choose from (Reboot, Fast Reboot, Recovery, Fastboot, and Power Off).

Of course you can always add a Reboot Manager widget or shortcut to the home screen. The widget has all of the options on it. You can select individual shortcuts or the selector shortcut which will bring up a list of reboot options when clicked.

Thanks,
Cody

redbeard46

Jul 13, 2010
Renton
By search button I'm referring to the hardware search button. On the EVO it would be the button below the screen on the very right of the phone (the button to the right of back). If you long press that you will be presented with an option to select reboot manager or the default long press action. Select Reboot Manager and click use this as the default. The next time you long press the hardware button you will get a list to choose from (Reboot, Fast Reboot, Recovery, Fastboot, and Power Off).

Of course you can always add a Reboot Manager widget or shortcut to the home screen. The widget has all of the options on it. You can select individual shortcuts or the selector shortcut which will bring up a list of reboot options when clicked.

Thanks,
Cody

see my edited post above ;-(

Status
Not open for further replies.