Search This thread

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
I don't think it actually stops them. There was a discussion on the forum about it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

I believe it does.. at least in my case I had a great difference in battery compared to when I didn't kill them. It might not kill some processes related to the apps, but only the main apps( idk really... )

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010
Originally Posted by dexter93
Or just terminate them on the screen that comes up when you hold the "home" button
wink.gif
(on ics )
I don't think it actually stops them. There was a discussion on the forum about it.
Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

• what made a big difference with me , powerful APk called Rom toolbox , it can :
    • freeze the APK's ( Both System APK's and user APK's ) that i usually install and use rarely , or even system AKP that i don't use
    • i use it to prevent startup for medium used APK's , they starts normally if i click them
  • a simple hot reboot would also help ( when i used a lot of APK's in a session )

Aug 13, 2011
what is the most stock rom for the sensation? I have s-off and cid just need to pick a room, a euro rom i guess but i want the most basic one. then allow OTA updates to update the thing? Currently downloading this, via very slow file factory:
RUU_Pyramid_HTC_Europe_1.27.401.3_Radio_10.42.9007.00P_1

Is this the correct one, if not what is?

dexter93

Jul 1, 2010
what is the most stock rom for the sensation? I have s-off and cid just need to pick a room, a euro rom i guess but i want the most basic one. then allow OTA updates to update the thing? Currently downloading this, via very slow file factory:
RUU_Pyramid_HTC_Europe_1.27.401.3_Radio_10.42.9007.00P_1

Is this the correct one, if not what is?

This is the most correct indeed. It's straight from HTC. Stock. No root , but you have the OTA updates ;)

Reactions: minibeast_phone

crabtree88

Mar 4, 2012
Help please!

i recently flashed my sensation xe to one of the virtuous roms/firmware, i have now flashed back to the leaked ics with sense 3.6.
when i go into Hboot my phone says locked but also says S-OFF i havnt rooted my phone since the new ruu has gone on, i was going to through revolutionary but they do not have my Hboot version any suggestions on another way to root my phone?

any help would be greatly appreciated

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

also i would like to go back to Stock HTC Sensation xe rom NO ics, i am in england and on O2 if this helps. could anybody point me in the right direction for the RUU???Thankyou

dexter93

Jul 1, 2010
i recently flashed my sensation xe to one of the virtuous roms/firmware, i have now flashed back to the leaked ics with sense 3.6.
when i go into Hboot my phone says locked but also says S-OFF i havnt rooted my phone since the new ruu has gone on, i was going to through revolutionary but they do not have my Hboot version any suggestions on another way to root my phone?

You ARE rooted and s off. Go ahead and flash whatever you want

crabtree88

Mar 4, 2012
Roms

how come hboot says locked? how would i go about getting clockwork mod recovery on my phone, it wont flash through rom manager, also could you point me in the direction of The XE Stock rom for England dont know if the network matters

dexter93

Jul 1, 2010
how come hboot says locked? how would i go about getting clockwork mod recovery on my phone, it wont flash through rom manager, also could you point me in the direction of The XE Stock rom for England dont know if the network matters

*sigh* in the ics firmware it says *locked* , but revolutionary on top. Plus that it shows S OFF. If you had flashed a recovery, it must still be there. If you want a stock Rom go to the op and search for the pyramid_le_HTC Europe and flash the latest one( not ics)

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010
any help would be greatly appreciated
also i would like to go back to Stock HTC Sensation xe rom NO ics, i am in england and on O2 if this helps. could anybody point me in the right direction for the RUU???Thankyou

• from what i understand that you flashed ICS RUU , you will still be S-OFF , But ( not very sure ) the RUU could replaced your Revolutionary unlocked Hboot with the Original locked ICS hboot ( included in the RUU ) also deleted SU and should delete custom recovery also i guess

• was bootloader saying the same before and after flashing the RUU ???????

• you are the third member to ask same question this week , and i advised against flashing ICS RUU until the matter is cleared and confirmed safe

• i don't know if you still have the unlocked hboot or it is replaced with Original locked ICS hboot ( will the original hboot allow you to downgrade or use fastboot write commands to write the custom recovery or not ? ) , my guess is probably not

• your best bit ,is to try to flash 3.32 firmware and the Custom ICS Rom again to restore unlocked hboot 1.27 in case it was changed , and from there you can do anything

• or if it does not work , Connect to revolutionary few times and see if it give you your original hboot 1.17 back and say something about error or not supported , and it could also install the recovery , and from there use firmware 3.32 and the ICS custom rom again

• if not of the above worked , then maybe you 'll need to consider using bootloader unlock

Last edited:

ajames10

Mar 8, 2012
Heres a question, why does a 10 post rule exist? thats just asking for people to spam the other forums in order to gain sufficient privileges to be allowed to post, I made an account here on XDA for the sole reason to let whoever programs the ARHD rom for ICS with Sense 3.6 know about a coding issue I spotted while bluetooth linking my phone to my computer.
However, I'm not going to do that, Im just going to ask someone to post on my behalf in the thread. Its not a massive issue, just that when I linked my phone to my PC, my phone said to check that the pairing code or whatever it is called matches, but that the message appeared with code. For example I think the message looked like this:

Ensure the code on your Pc matches the following:
<br>674939</br>
with some other code on display.
Thanks in advance

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
First at all sorry cuz this is not my phone forum, but we have not forum for our device Galaxy PRO, i post a few days ago this question http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1525733 i hope u guys can help me!

I don't personally know how to do it, and but it should be possible to extract radio. It might be better if you asked in some Samsung forum as htc and Samsung methods differ.

Before you do it though, check that your APN is set correctly.

Sent from my 7th TF201

Reactions: Jeovanis

Tinderbox (UK)

Mar 31, 2010
England, UK
How to i disable the htc ebook reader auto import, I use Aldiko and dont see why when i import book using calibre, the htc ereader has to work on them too, wasting power.

Thanks

John.

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
How to i disable the htc ebook reader auto import, I use Aldiko and dont see why when i import book using calibre, the htc ereader has to work on them too, wasting power.

Thanks

John.

You can either freeze it using Titanium Backup (requires root) or disable in application settings if you are running ICS (no root access needed)

Sent from my 7th TF201

Top Liked Posts