[GUIDE] Using Samsung Gear Fit with Nexus 5

Search This thread

darb1985

Oct 22, 2012
Managua
I am up and running with the 1.25apk. Everything more or less works except weather and alarms. Find device even works (cool).

Major Problem #1: Frequent bluetooth disconnects and it never reconnects on it's own.

Major Problem #2: I need the new firmware. My Fit has a "landscape" display but sits "portrait" on a normal human wrist. (Perhaps Korean wrists are different?)

I went to T-Mo today but the only sales person willing to help only had a Note 3. It had the 1.49 Gear Fit app but that app couldn't pair with the Fit. Which is exactly the same issue I get when I try to pair the fit using the 1.49 app on a Nexus 5 - no pairing.

Does the firmware update work differently on a Galaxy S5? How is 1.49 on an S5 going to work if it can't pair?

do you mind sharing with me that apk? the verision 1.25 ? I have 1.49 and cant connect :(

Iron_Tiger

Mar 23, 2011
For those who are having trouble with updating the firmware on the gear fit and don't have access to a galaxy device the watch can be updated via Kies(3.0) on a PC.

saper_2

Oct 24, 2008
JG
Like being written before, until Samsung not release for his Galaxy smartphones Android 5.0 there is probably no way to make work Gear Fit under Lollipop (I mean gear fit manager app), so don't ask questions that has been answered.

DarkerBob

Oct 17, 2013
Like being written before, until Samsung not release for his Galaxy smartphones Android 5.0 there is probably no way to make work Gear Fit under Lollipop (I mean gear fit manager app), so don't ask questions that has been answered.

Works fine on my Nexus 5 running Android 5.0. I am stilling running the 1.49 APK. You just do all the same things as described at the start of this thread. Nothing different that I know of.

I do notice it sometimes says the Gear Manager has stopped running so I have to reboot my phone.

Nexus5Guy

Nov 14, 2014
Pardon me for asking, i had not seen any posts before on lollipop and thus asked the question. Had i seen one i would not have asked.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Works fine on my Nexus 5 running Android 5.0. I am stilling running the 1.49 APK. You just do all the same things as described at the start of this thread. Nothing different that I know of.

I do notice it sometimes says the Gear Manager has stopped running so I have to reboot my phone.

I tried that. Gear fit crashes on start up. Tried all the versions. Any other tips?

Glyphix

Aug 3, 2009

Is this still working on your Nexus 5 with lollipop? I installed this just as shown in the video and I get "Unfortunately Gear Fit Manager has stopped" every time I try to open it, even after a reboot.

Any ideas anyone?

synesthete

Mar 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Google Nexus 5
LG Nexus 5X

Glyphix

Aug 3, 2009

becca0327

Oct 29, 2011
Love this thread! I got my gear fit working with my nexus 5. I am having some work done on my GS4 and should have it back in hand soon. Does anyone know how updating the GF will affect how it works with my GS4?

invisible132

Jan 5, 2010
Hi,

all posts are pretty old, so I just want to ask, if there is some limitations when using gear fit with nexus 5? Will I be able to use all of it features?

synesthete

Mar 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Google Nexus 5
LG Nexus 5X
Hi,

all posts are pretty old, so I just want to ask, if there is some limitations when using gear fit with nexus 5? Will I be able to use all of it features?

It isn't 100% working and some of the features are broken or limited. Notifications and music control work. Some App Connect apps work. Some apps need to be modified to work. Some people complain of frequent bluetooth disconnects. The SHealth app will install, but refuses to sync with the Gear Fit. Endomondo can be used instead. Head over to the Gear Fit forums and, more specifically This Thread for more information. That particular thread has instructions and files to get it working with Lollipop. I am currently using it with 5.1.

Reactions: invisible132

Poseur2peche

Jun 15, 2015
It isn't 100% working and some of the features are broken or limited. Notifications and music control work. Some App Connect apps work. Some apps need to be modified to work. Some people complain of frequent bluetooth disconnects. The SHealth app will install, but refuses to sync with the Gear Fit. Endomondo can be used instead. Head over to the Gear Fit forums and, more specifically This Thread for more information. That particular thread has instructions and files to get it working with Lollipop. I am currently using it with 5.1.

Hi, I would like to know if the notifications still work with Lollipop 5.1.1
I've just followed the tutorial to flash the firmware and installed the no crack version of Gear Fit manager, and everything works just fine, exept the notifications app... which is the most important for me...

So could you please tell me if your gear fit works 100% well, if yes, could you tell me the firmware version of the gear fit you're using, and what version of gear fit manager you installed
thank you
By the way, you said that notifications works just fine, do you use Hangout? or Messenger? what is your sms app?
(sorry for my bad english... i'm french ;) )

EDIT: I've found it by myself
I just needed to go to the phone parameters / sound and notifications / Access to notification / Check the Gear Fit
It was really that simple. :D

Last edited:

synesthete

Mar 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Google Nexus 5
LG Nexus 5X
Hi, I would like to know if the notifications still work with Lollipop 5.1.1
I've just followed the tutorial to flash the firmware and installed the no crack version of Gear Fit manager, and everything works just fine, exept the notifications app... which is the most important for me...

So could you please tell me if your gear fit works 100% well, if yes, could you tell me the firmware version of the gear fit you're using, and what version of gear fit manager you installed
thank you
By the way, you said that notifications works just fine, do you use Hangout? or Messenger? what is your sms app?
(sorry for my bad english... i'm french ;) )

EDIT: I've found it by myself
I just needed to go to the phone parameters / sound and notifications / Access to notification / Check the Gear Fit
It was really that simple. :D

I'm glad that you got it working :)

I use hangouts and usually Textra for SMS. Also, remember the Gear Manager lets you enable notifications on a per-app basis, so if something isn't working try enabling it there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i made a video explaining how to use the Fit on the Nexus 5. this also may work with other phones im unsure.

mediafire.com/folder/05n572epblf4v/Gear_Fit_Nexus
    youtu.be/Sk0vsx6k-cU

download those files
    install GR.gearmanagerstub.apk
    then install gear fit update 1.25.apk
    open the app and pair the fit. it should connect. you can use it like this but the update ads a few features like screen rotation.
    now you need to get a samsung phone that is compatible and update the fit to 1.49
    now you uninstall GR.gearmanagerstub.apk and gear fit update 1.25.apk
    now install gearfitmanager1.49update.apk and gearfitinstaller.apk and pair your device. everything should be working perfectly.

i am also claiming the first nexus 5 working with the gear fit :p

Edit: I just found a "lite" version of s-health that DOES work. Here's the link
    App: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hbycvq5br1qbbly/com.sec.android.app.shealthlite-1.apk

Service: http://www.mediafire.com/?wr3t5fm5uwj8hr4

Apparently I can post links now too. Awesome
    Also still can't figure out how to change the time to 12h instead of 24h.

Scratch that last part. I figured it out right after I posted that. All I did was go to the clock settings on my phone and toggled 24h mode on and off.

Edit: I updated the OP with how to use an "lite" version of shealth.
    sync ok

Depends. For me it is. If you are not interested in alarms to wake you up and can help yourself by borrowing a compatible Samsung phone to make the firmware update and receive new functionality like sleep tracking, then you only will face one important issue:

you cannot sync the measured data to your phone, as this is done by S-Health which currently does not work. The Fit with its big display can still show you all relevant data and also historical data, so that is not a 100% no-go. But for the people who like to browse through fitness stats of past months on an app or in a browser, this is still a show stopper.

i've installed Samsung_com.osp.app.signin_1.4.0370_140370.apk on my nexus 5 and all it's okeay i can now sync my health data with gear :D

and i ve the samsung account installed on my nexus two :D
    Anybody know how to get the gear fit to work on a fresh install on Andtoid 5.0?
    Anybody know how to get the gear fit to work on a fresh install on Andtoid 5.0?
    I would like to know the same....