[Q] Porting L Calculator to 4.1.2

Search This thread

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
I am trying to port the Android L Calculator to 4.1.2

I have successfully decompiled, edited XML, and recompiled (without using my framework-res.apk in CMD prompt)View attachment Calculator_signed_zipaligned.apk

I have tried decompiling, editing XML, and recompiling using the framework-res.apk from my phone but i get an error: CMDError.jpg

I am using these two tutorials to try to port this app: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2476050, http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2195680

This is my first time trying to port anything, so forgive me if I'm way off track.

Here is my successful (?) compilation of the edited apk. [SEE ATTACHED FILE]
If a Dev could take a look (or someone more knowledgeable than myself) and perhaps give me a tip or two I'd appreciate it.
Trying to show my fellow JB users some love in getting us some newer apps. If I can backport this successfully I will gladly try backporting many other apps from Lollipop and other OS.

Thanks for any help I may receive!

Last edited:

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
No one? Wow.... Please someone help me out here. I'm using the cyanogenmod calculator but I would like a smaller foot print on my device. I'm trying to do this myself with no prior experience so that maybe I can learn something. Is this a developer forum or what?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Rush with Tapatalk.
Devices: Nook Color, Dell XPS 18, Galaxy Rush (All modded)

Xlythe

Feb 9, 2010
Waterloo
You won't be able to port the Android L calculator that way. It uses a lot of 5.0 only features and it was not written to be backwards compatible. That's the bad news.

The good news, I already ported it, though there are lots of bugs. Download Android Studio and my code (there's a Download ZIP in the bottom right). Then open Android Studio and "import" the unzipped folder. Build -> Generate Signed ZIP to create an apk.

I am the guy who writes the CM Calculator. So, I guess, warning in advanced. Some features have already been ported - it's not a stock build.

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
Okay thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Rush with Tapatalk.
Devices: Nook Color, Dell XPS 18, Galaxy Rush (All modded)