Xperia Ion due in June for AT&T!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jfalgout2003

Feb 9, 2011
So I have been checking the web constantly for the Ion release date. Though I have yet to find something concrete, something caught my eye yesterday. I did a google search for Xperia Ion and when the description came up for Sony's website, it said "Coming in June only from AT&T." Well I did the same search this morning so I could take a screen shot of what I saw and now the description says, "Coming Soon only from AT&T." I bet what I saw was accidentally put in the meta description then taken down. Hope this is correct. I'm due for upgrade in June and I really want the Ion. The One X is my second choice, but I really want that HDMI out!

Hope someone here has some inside information.

jfalgout2003

Feb 9, 2011
I figured out if you continuously hit refresh, the ad description updates. Here's the screenshot.

Attachments

• ionjune.jpg
    ionjune.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 216

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
Last edited:

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
S3 CPU and Gingerbread? No thanks. Sony should at least have had an.S4 to appeal better vs phones like the One X and SGS3. Average consumer will prolly be swayed my the mp count but still, it should have been better overall

Sent from my HTC One X

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
S
S3 CPU and Gingerbread? No thanks. Sony should at least have had an.S4 to appeal better vs phones like the One X and SGS3. Average consumer will prolly be swayed my the mp count but still, it should have been better overall

Sent from my HTC One X

I disagree, partially. I really wished Sony would learn from previous experience and wouldn't be late to the quadcore party or at least come up with a 2012 SoC during 2012, but in the other hand some people will prefer the design and camera over other ubiquitous phones by other manufacturers.

jfalgout2003

Feb 9, 2011
Glad to see someone out there cares about this phone. I honestly expect the 4.0 update to be ready within a month of the release of the phone. I can't stand touchwiz or sense. I'm using a captivate atm. I immediately flashed a rom to get rid of touchwiz. I however have my x10 running wolf breaks tweaked stock 2.3 rom because I actually like the Sony UI. Besides, no phone on the market will have a camera comparable to the ion. 1.5ghz dual core seems like plenty of fire power for me. My captivate is smooth with ICS and a single core, don't see how the Sony won't do just as well, especially after the ICS update. The One X is my backup plan, but I really want that ION!

Sent from my Crappy running ICSSGS using XDA

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
Glad to see someone out there cares about this phone. I honestly expect the 4.0 update to be ready within a month of the release of the phone. I can't stand touchwiz or sense. I'm using a captivate atm. I immediately flashed a rom to get rid of touchwiz. I however have my x10 running wolf breaks tweaked stock 2.3 rom because I actually like the Sony UI. Besides, no phone on the market will have a camera comparable to the ion. 1.5ghz dual core seems like plenty of fire power for me. My captivate is smooth with ICS and a single core, don't see how the Sony won't do just as well, especially after the ICS update. The One X is my backup plan, but I really want that ION!

Sent from my Crappy running ICSSGS using XDA

I wouldn't recommend HTC, their build quality and service are not comparable to Samsung, Apple or Sony.
Sammy always has the hottest hardware but their phones look plasticky and Touchwiz is not my taste. Matter of personal choices.
I'm currently using the Arc with ICS update.

ThatAzianGuy

Mar 7, 2012
Dayton, OH
Wow. That phone almost makes me want to go back to AT&T. GBs not that big of a deal, hopefully devs will jump on that phone pretty quickly and get some custom ROMs going...

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
Thread moved to Q&A due to it being a question. Would advise you to read forum rules and post in correct section.

Failure to comply with forum rules will result in an infraction and/or ban depending on severity of rule break.

Hi Orb3000, nice to see you again
You must reconsider your decission because the OP is NOT a question but a statement. The guy found an interesting slip in google advertising system which confirmed a June release date for the aforementioned phone.

Whatsmore, many recognized tech blogs acknowledged his finding and published notes about it, some even linking here to xda-devs as the source of the finding.

Cocytean

Aug 23, 2009
Just got my Xperia Ion! Here's a couple of photos next to my Xperia S, along with the Antutu benchmark!

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 112
  • screenshot_2012-05-20_0836.jpg
    screenshot_2012-05-20_0836.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: earbrain

dizarmstrong

Mar 18, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
crazy

It's amazing to me how little AT&T is pushing this phone. You go to the AT&T website and you have to dig to find it (whereas the one x and the sgIII are on the front page). I understand those are higher end devices, but it seems as if AT&T doesn't really care at all about what is a pretty decent phone. Even when I walked into the AT&T store, they looked at me like I was crazy for asking for the ion (maybe they forgot how to sell anything other than iphones....)

Reactions: paul-c

zerrudo

Apr 18, 2009
It's amazing to me how little AT&T is pushing this phone. You go to the AT&T website and you have to dig to find it (whereas the one x and the sgIII are on the front page). I understand those are higher end devices, but it seems as if AT&T doesn't really care at all about what is a pretty decent phone. Even when I walked into the AT&T store, they looked at me like I was crazy for asking for the ion (maybe they forgot how to sell anything other than iphones....)

The phone is finally visible on the site, I find it interesting..I emailed Sony about that and a few hours later the phone magically appeared!

I ordered my phone online through the website the day it was released (like you said had to dig through the search bar to find it). Unfortunately I was unable to upgrade from my end so I had to call 611.

At&t must not have told many people about its roll out because the rep who helped me had no clue that this phone existed but had no problem searching it himself and ordering it on his end. I emphasize this because he flat out told me he keeps up with all the employee updates and me asking about the phone was the first he ever heard of it.

Long story short he ordered the phone for himself and expressed my order so we both can baste in its awesomeness asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my Xperia Ion! Here's a couple of photos next to my Xperia S, along with the Antutu benchmark!
    crazy