UK TrueSmart: First impressions

Search This thread
Apr 25, 2014
So my shiny new TS arrived last week unexpectedly (Came home from work, wife hands me parcel saying "this arrived for you", I go "wtf, what could that be?" open and go "wow, wasn't expecting that")

Played with it for a few mins and put it aside as I needed to go swimming, very, very disappointed I couldn't take it with me.

First day usage left the battery quite drained, but that's expected. I then charged it up on Friday and pretty much left it till Tuesday when there was 87% battery left, cycled to work (~30 mins ride) tracking using sportstracklive (If you want a GPX then PM me as i don't want to make it public to the world) 70-odd percent left. Spent a bit of time showing it off to friends and colleagues, charged it up (it wasn't that low but I wasn't taking any chances) then rode home again. Still at 97% after the ride, wow. Rode in Wednesday, home again Wednesday and in again today, still at 66%.

Seriously impressed with the battery life on stock ROM. (that's assuming the percentage isn't a complete lie, which is a big assumption).

Question now is:
1. Do I play with cyrilp's SWapp link or continue to test the battery with current minimal usage to establish a "control" for battery drain. (PS sorry cyrilp for the FC reports, it doesn't seem happy on my Ascend P2)
2. Do I apply loki's ROM now or later...?

All in, I forgive Omate a *little* but they're seriously in my bad books for lack of waterproofing, looks like I can't use it on this years London Triathlon after all :(

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
I've been happy with battery life as well. Sometimes the OS seems to report the battery wrong or something for me..I'll turn it off, then on and it will drain like 20 or 30 percent in a couple mins or something. But when I plug it in to charge it (when powered off) the charging meter tells me exactly what I would have thought it should have been, instead of 20 or 30 percent lower. Strange yes.

When I manage to get the back off this thing (those screws are in TIGHT) I'll try my other battery to see if this persists.

DaBountyHunter

Apr 22, 2009
London
I've been happy with battery life as well. Sometimes the OS seems to report the battery wrong or something for me..I'll turn it off, then on and it will drain like 20 or 30 percent in a couple mins or something. But when I plug it in to charge it (when powered off) the charging meter tells me exactly what I would have thought it should have been, instead of 20 or 30 percent lower. Strange yes.

When I manage to get the back off this thing (those screws are in TIGHT) I'll try my other battery to see if this persists.

I bought this screw driver to open the back as I was having trouble with the supplied one (which is crap and will most likely damage the heads of the screws). http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231202852753?var=530421615605&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Works perfectly was able to open those tight screws with relative ease. Worth it considering how easily damaged the screw heads are. Magnetic too. :good:

Reactions: andreasmartens

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
I bought this screw driver to open the back as I was having trouble with the supplied one (which is crap and will most likely damage the heads of the screws). http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231202852753?var=530421615605&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Works perfectly was able to open those tight screws with relative ease. Worth it considering how easily damaged the screw heads are. Magnetic too. :good:

Good to know. That one doesn't ship outside Europe, but it's good to know it's just that screw driver. I'll try a different screw driver, thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.