[Q] New governors & schedulers?

Search This thread

Player-J

Dec 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
There are a few governors and i/o schedulers that I have never seen before and after searching, I haven't really come up with any good information. If someone with more knowledge than I would be willing to point me in the right direction, I would appreciate the help. Or, perhaps posting a brief explanation would be beneficial to all?

Here is a list of the ones I'm unsure about:

Governors; darkness, intelliactive, dancedance, smartmax, uberdemand

Schedulers; vr, fiops, tripndroid, zen

Does anyone have any suggested uses, or combinations for these? :confused:

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Google will give you a great explanation on these governors...personally Zen and sio are great with battery

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Player-J

Dec 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
Google will give you a great explanation on these governors...personally Zen and sio are great with battery

Naturally, I tried to search Google and the forums first. Seems like I keep coming across outdated material that doesn't explain much on the ones I listed. I'm already pretty happy using a set-up I'm familiar with - this was really more for educational purposes. I'm always wondering if I can tweak a little something and get better results.

This is the list I come across most often...

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/development/guide-android-governors-explained-t2017715

Last edited:
Reactions: pyrite123

pyrite123

Aug 27, 2013
Naturally, I tried to search Google and the forums first. Seems like I keep coming across outdated material that doesn't explain much on the ones I listed. I'm already pretty happy using a set-up I'm familiar with - this was really more for educational purposes. I'm always wondering if I can tweak a little something and get better results.

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/development/guide-android-governors-explained-t2017715

I've been trying to find some results on the same governors but found very little. I've even done more than google but no luck. Anyway I will probably experiment a little and not worry about it.

Aug 22, 2011
Hello,

I have the possibility to choose the governor "optimax". So I have search at google about information of this governor. But I didn't found an explaination or other information. Can anybody help me? What are the differents to the other (default) Governors? Thanks.

N00TN00T

Nov 10, 2014
There are a few governors and i/o schedulers that I have never seen before and after searching, I haven't really come up with any good information. If someone with more knowledge than I would be willing to point me in the right direction, I would appreciate the help. Or, perhaps posting a brief explanation would be beneficial to all?

I know darkness is a modified nightmare governor for stability and battery life, and nightmare is a modified pegasusq governor that tries to save battery by not scaling as aggressively and improving stability, it also doesn't hotplug as readily as pegasusq from what I understood.
Also intelliactive is a modified interactive by faux with the following modifications :
"1. self-boost capability from input drivers (no need for PowerHAL assist)
2. two phase scheduling (idle/busy phases to prevent from jumping directly to max freq
3. Checks for offline cpus and short circuits some unnecessary checks to improve code execution paths"

Dance Dance is a unique governor modified for performance but based on conservative. DD Provides a nice blend of performance and efficient battery life.

Uberdemand is Ondemand and with 2-phase feature meaning it has a soft cap at 1728 MHz so your cpu won't always go directly to max, made by Chet Kener.

Smartmax is a new governor which is a mix between ondemand and smartass2 By default this is configured for battery save.

Hope this helps!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I know darkness is a modified nightmare governor for stability and battery life, and nightmare is a modified pegasusq governor that tries to save battery by not scaling as aggressively and improving stability, it also doesn't hotplug as readily as pegasusq from what I understood.
    Also intelliactive is a modified interactive by faux with the following modifications :
    "1. self-boost capability from input drivers (no need for PowerHAL assist)
    2. two phase scheduling (idle/busy phases to prevent from jumping directly to max freq
    3. Checks for offline cpus and short circuits some unnecessary checks to improve code execution paths"

Dance Dance is a unique governor modified for performance but based on conservative. DD Provides a nice blend of performance and efficient battery life.

Uberdemand is Ondemand and with 2-phase feature meaning it has a soft cap at 1728 MHz so your cpu won't always go directly to max, made by Chet Kener.

Smartmax is a new governor which is a mix between ondemand and smartass2 By default this is configured for battery save.

Hope this helps!