Overheating problems

Search This thread

rickyiswhite

Apr 30, 2011
Marshallton
I'm running hypernonesense(newest version) with latest bricked kernel at 1.24max on demand gov and my phone reaches temperatures of 124-145 °F from normal use... Especially when charging... It never started doing this until recently... How can I fix this?

Sent from my Primed Sensation 4G with Beats Audio

lifeisfaked

Dec 29, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Are you getting an overheating battery (i.e. the back of the phone is hot) or is it the bottom of the screen where the home/menu/back buttons are? If it's the former then get an Anker battery, otherwise I'm not sure...

The bottom of my screen overheats qutie a lot, especially when playing music (with Poweramp) and in graphic intensive games. After extensive research I have established that I don't think the problem is ROM specific - it seems to be a hardware issue? I've found I get the overheating whilst in Recovery mode, which is obviously not affected by a rom.

However, I did find when I overvolted my cpu, that overehating seemed to occur less, but as of now I don't think anyone quite knows what causes this!

rickyiswhite

Apr 30, 2011
Marshallton
yea its the cpu cause the battery isn't hot its the bottom of the screen. how do you go about overvolting?

deron37129

I'm running hypernonesense(newest version) with latest bricked kernel at 1.24max on demand gov and my phone reaches temperatures of 124-145 °F from normal use... Especially when charging... It never started doing this until recently... How can I fix this?

well first question when your phone over heats is pluged in...chances are your phone is working hard to keep up with the charge...if not plugged in do you have a case if so try taking it off and see if the problem persist

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

rply for this is in post 9 or 10

rickyiswhite

Apr 30, 2011
Marshallton
well first question when your phone over heats is pluged in...chances are your phone is working hard to keep up with the charge...if not plugged in do you have a case if so try taking it off and see if the problem persist

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

rply for this is in post 9 or 10

it does it even when I'm not charging sometimes.. and no case man

rickyiswhite

Apr 30, 2011
Marshallton
If there's no option in System Tuner, I think it means your kernel doesn't support over/undervolting. I recommend Faux123's kernel, you can get it from the main 'Sensation Android Development Page' it's one of the [kernel] ones. Then install faux clock and use that to over/undervolt.

Hope that helps :)

I've seen the option just don't understand what to set it to?

musa91

Apr 26, 2009

hello dear

i agree with u to get back to GB ..it's the new kernal that cozing this cpu overheat problem last two days i try to find out what's the wrong with kernal but yet no resulte all i can say it's not stable rom & kernals yet so backing to GB seems good idea IT manager Musa91.. :rolleyes:

Sachatouille

Apr 17, 2012
Paris
What should we do ...? Go back to a gingerbread rom? Or an ICS one but with an ancient kernel? Can you tell us which kernel is the good one?
Thkx for your time...

swift2fly

Aug 9, 2011
im running hypernonsense with the brick kernel and it works great for me. my phone doesnt overheat on idle/sleep but it does get warm when playing games or using apps that put the cpu to work. i do have a rubber slip on case too.

sent from the Penh.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Back to GingerBear Stock Rom may solve this problem.
    because when I updated to ICS heating is raised:confused:

Try 25mV either way - experiment a bit to find what's best for you - going too low will mean your phone will randomly restart more, but going too high will cause more battery drain :)

Sent from my Sensation using xda premium