Samsung reportedly selected again for next Nexus...

Search This thread

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
I'm talking about hardware, not software. Saying it's not worse it's just a lie.

The only thing better in the Gnex is the HD screen.

What an ignorant response. It isn't worse, it is different. If you haven't figured that out by research, then you are uninformed and should move on.

Not everyone judges their life by a benchmark, but then some do. This phone is not for those people.

Last edited:

Razer(x)

Sep 2, 2010
Bologna
www.infinitum-project.com
What an ignorant response. It isn't worse, it is different. If you haven't figured that out by research, then you are uninformed and should move on.

Not everyone judges their life by a benchmark, but then some do. This phone is not for those people.

I'm not an asshole or something who's trying to troll. I've owned a SGS2 for almost an year, and i can read the specs.

Ok, you can say "Nexus has better community support, Google updates and co." and i'm ok with that, that's why i bought a Gnex. But you can't really tell its hardware it's not worse, even considering it came out 6 months later than SGS2.

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
I'm not an asshole or something who's trying to troll. I've owned a SGS2 for almost an year, and i can read the specs.

Ok, you can say "Nexus has better community support, Google updates and co." and i'm ok with that, that's why i bought a Gnex. But you can't really tell its hardware it's not worse, even considering it came out 6 months later than SGS2.

Like I said, uninformed.

Stop playing the benchmark and spec game. It is old, and only increases the e-member. What are you going to do to prove me wrong? Pull out some benchmarks?

Go ahead. Then go look on the net where our GPU beats the Mali in some tests. Like I said, not worse...different.

Reactions: MS.

Ravynmagi

Nov 2, 2010
Samsung is a very good hardware manufacturer, but seems like they're fooling us with these Nexus phones.

I can't understand how a phone released 6 months later can be worse than the SGS2, and that happened with SGS1 also.

I'm not saying i want a powerful hardware or something, but atleast the same as SGS2 (anybody said 8mpx camera vs 5mpx?)

I'm not sure if it's entirely Samsung's fault. GS2 has the Exynos SoC while the Galaxy Nexus is a TI OMAP4, I assume this is one of the points were you mean the GS2 is better.

But it seems Google wanted the TI OMAP4 to be the official processor for ICS, or at least first optimized for ICS. So the Galaxy Nexus had to use that processor. Maybe also because it's compatible with LTE and Exynos isn't.

Though have no idea why they gimped the camera (fortunately that wasn't important for me).

Reactions: cyco1978

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011

Better yet, to add to adrynalynes post, go look at the note forum where the Mali lags with HD resolution. Played with a note finally the other day and let's just say imagination ftw!

sent with 3g courage. better recognize. 4g courage coming soon. stock up on diapers.

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Seems like you can't get my point.

Peace bro

What i think adrynalyne is trying to say is that pure hardware specs don't mean anything. You could have a hex-a-core-twin-turbo-intercooled-super-snapdragon-tegra-omap, but if there is no software optimized for it, there's no much point. Who cares if the benchmark is 3x the GNex if it loads a web page in the same amount of time? It's more of a "my junk is bigger/better/faster than your junk" thing, not much more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

shawnn218

May 23, 2011
I'm really surprised by the amount of build quality and camera posts. I think the build quality is great, phone feels and looks awesome and it can take some falls. Where do you guys live that you're talking about those things rather than the crap 4g radio? I'm 5 mins outside nyc, I never even saw 3g on my bolt because it held 4g like glue.. and my nexus has the opposite problem; can't get 4g in my house

And if I go into a building in nyc I can kiss 4g goodbye

JoeSyr

Feb 7, 2012
Noise cancellation is for recording video, not calls.

Found the thread I was thinking of:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1507414
Also this one:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1363972

So what you wrote seems to be true, but with the caveat that it's only true because Samsung made a deliberate choice to leave out hardware to enable it. I.e. it's a feature not a bug :p
Unless I just read a lot of misinformation?

As someone who talks on my phone and isn't very inclined to record video often, this is a disappointing example of hardware design choice.

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
What i think adrynalyne is trying to say is that pure hardware specs don't mean anything. You could have a hex-a-core-twin-turbo-intercooled-super-snapdragon-tegra-omap, but if there is no software optimized for it, there's no much point. Who cares if the benchmark is 3x the GNex if it loads a web page in the same amount of time? It's more of a "my junk is bigger/better/faster than your junk" thing, not much more.

let me guess. it's not how big it is, it's the motion of the ocean? :D

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008

Thanks. I am not exactly the most eloquent poster ;)

monishvster

Apr 26, 2012
Chennai
Samsung Nexus

Samsung is cruising towards top smartfone company. so it makes sense that google has given order for nexus to it..:)

[hfm]

Aug 21, 2009
NYC
Having owned in the past 18 months a sgs4g, several lg g2x's, 2 sensations, an amaze, a sgs2 and a gnex I find Samsung to have the best build quality even with all the plastic and the phones just seem to run better in my opinion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

If you ask me the all plastic is good for build quality. It's light, durable and Samsung is doing a good job with it. My metal HTC phones all creak after a while and are too heavy.

rand4ll

Jan 16, 2011
I personally like the plastic build and light weight of Samsung phones. I carry my phone around in my pocket all day long so the lighter the better IMO.

TheBigX

Aug 14, 2010
I don't mind the plastic used in the GN to be honest but it would be great if the 'plastic' were made of GRN (Glass Reinforced Nylon), the same material used in the production of many handguns today. Light, heavy duty, and sturdy.

And this material is much more expensive, as normal plastic.
Additional to this, this material will break faster because of his structure.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

vash1053

Oct 21, 2010
I figured Google might use Motorola this time around, but I'm perfectly ok with Samsung making another Nexus. They makes great phones, I don't care what anyone says. They're HORRIBLE with software support/updates/etc IMO, but that's almost a non-issue on the Nexus line so whatevs.

Reactions: cyco1978

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems like you can't get my point.

Peace bro

Business 101: Lowest bidder wins (barring afirmative action).

:p
    I agree. Samsung nexus gas terrible signal / radio problems. IDK if its the phone it self or the ICS that it sucks. they really need to fix it. 4.0.4 is a little better but come one Google/Samsung.

Damn gas.
    Thank god! Although Samsung hasn't fully resolved all the issues with hardware, I prefer them over mototola (who does not have sleek and sexy in their vocabulary) and HTC (who I've never seen build a high quality phone)
    Samsung is a very good hardware manufacturer, but seems like they're fooling us with these Nexus phones.

I can't understand how a phone released 6 months later can be worse than the SGS2, and that happened with SGS1 also.

I'm not saying i want a powerful hardware or something, but atleast the same as SGS2 (anybody said 8mpx camera vs 5mpx?)

That is because it isn't worse. Plus, nobody cares about 8mp vs. 5mp.