[ROM][GT-P7500] CM9 KANG (ICS Preview) (03/25/2012)

Search This thread

Dekudan

Nov 28, 2007
Hey guys, quick question (And I searched the topic for an answer, don't kill me!)

Xbox controller support through the USB dongle. I've read a bit about Honeycomb need x amount of libs and drivers that were supporting Pershoot's kernel. Now considering the build itself is Pershoot's and comes with his Kernel, is there some magic switch that's stopping it from working that I can just flip, or is the Kernel not at the stage yet where these things are implemented? Thank you :)

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Hey guys, quick question (And I searched the topic for an answer, don't kill me!)

Xbox controller support through the USB dongle. I've read a bit about Honeycomb need x amount of libs and drivers that were supporting Pershoot's kernel. Now considering the build itself is Pershoot's and comes with his Kernel, is there some magic switch that's stopping it from working that I can just flip, or is the Kernel not at the stage yet where these things are implemented? Thank you :)

youll have to build the modules from source and push them to your system.

use branch ics from galaxy-2636 repo.

InTents

Oct 2, 2011
Cape Town
I have been running 0419 build since it was released with just a cache and dalvik cache wipe and have no issues.
Also battery life is really really good, in fact it has been the best since.

Really good work Pershoot. Keep it up

Holmes108

Sep 29, 2010
Toronto
Running 0419 as my first custom ROM on my Tab. Pretty much everything seems flawless. The only issue I'm having is that my Logitech Keyboard Case (the aluminum one) won't stay paired if I turn off or reboot the tablet. Sometimes I just have to click on the keyboard again in the bluetooth list, and other times I have to fully pair it again (enter the code, etc)....

While the Tab stays on it works flawlessly though. It stayed paired perfectly under the stock ROM.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Today I had a auto-reset-and-bootloop on 419 build again, CPU was at 312MHz :( is there a way to log what happend?

you probably had some corruption. this tab has been known to do that on HC (ive never experienced it on CM9 tho).

this is what you should do:
get your media off /data/media
odin back to 3.2. boot in, then flash CWM, full wipe, flash CM9 + gapps, reboot.

you should be good now.

ensure you dont have any bad apps or an unstable OC causing issue, as well.

edude03

Aug 16, 2007
Hey just wanted to throw my two cents in. I've been running CM9 for the Gtab for about two months now and it's been amazing, however I just had my first auto-rest and boot loop happen myself.

I ran ADB log cat and saw lots of service xyz died and 'not granting permission xyz' I ran fix permissions and wipe cache from CWM and everything was OK.

Clouseau219

Jan 13, 2010
you probably had some corruption. this tab has been known to do that on HC (ive never experienced it on CM9 tho).

this is what you should do:
get your media off /data/media
odin back to 3.2. boot in, then flash CWM, full wipe, flash CM9 + gapps, reboot.

you should be good now.

ensure you dont have any bad apps or an unstable OC causing issue, as well.

today I have done the steps you suggested.

• Flashed 3.2 with odin (P7501XXKJ7_P7501DBTKJ7_DBT)
  • full wipe
  • boot in
  • installed CWM with Odin
  • flashed update-cm-9-20120419-SNAPSHOT-p4-signed
  • and gapps-ics-20120422-signed
  • fix permissions

Lets see if it solve the reboot-bootloop problem. I will report back.

Thx for your help

Last edited:

JamTheMan

Feb 26, 2011
Aarhus
@MulleMulle86 Because the whole thread is like awesomely long, and it has been a while since that question was asked, and news might have surfaced. But thanks for that great reply! It really helped me and everyone else interested, especially by adding a completely useless post to the very long list so far!

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

On a different node, I just experienced something weird today. The screen shifted itself to the right, leaving touch detection where it used to be, but everything drawn on the screen was wrong.

I created a new post about it in the general forum, but wanted to add it here, as it has some relevance to the developments here as well...

Post on XDA
Video on YouTube

w2alq

Jan 8, 2012
thats why there is a "search this thread" button
Yes, "camera" has been asked too many times, but lets all slow down a bit. Using "search" is an approach but not used this time, reading it all is a danting task. So my vote is to backdown a notch or too. And simply accept the cam isn't here yet. When it arrives there will be such a buzz about it that bubble bees may fly off coarse (ha ha ha).

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

I have noticed that with "System updates" does not appear to check anything, in-fact when an update was out there it wasn't found (bug, feature or simply "ooops")?

Using a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab from TMO, with CM 9-20120419-NIGHTLY-p4tmo, SGH-T859.

Roman-Kumori

Dec 7, 2010
Moscow
Guys, I tried to flash 419 without nandroid, because it was fine last 10 or more times.
But I got 403 error in market downloading any app. Tried flashing back 417 - didn't help, same error.

Suggest me something useful, please.

Send from my Galaxy Nexus running AOKP via Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

this is a CM9 KANG built for the GT-P7500 (3G) model.

What does KANG mean, I hear you asking? It means I'm not the one responsible for the code behind this ROM, it's all CyanogenMod/pershoot/isimobile (as noted below).
    I "only" compiled it and wrote this nice post, sharing my KANG along the way. Hope you will like it!

All credits to the CyanogenMod team and Pershoot, they're the real heroes.
    Credits to isimobile as well for the 3G stuff. All you guys are great, keep up the awesomeness!

Needless to say, don't bug the CyanogenMod team about bugs (pun intended).
    Also, neither I nor CM will be held responsible if your Tab explodes (or any other unfortunate side effect).
    That being said, it should work beautifully :)

What is working:
    - 3G
    - WiFi tethering
    - HW video decoding
    - Quite a lot more

Not working:
    - Camera

Bugs:
    - For auto-brightness to work, lock/unlock the screen once.
    - Searching for network providers doesn't work.

How to install:
    Do a FULL WIPE/FACTORY RESET & WIPE CACHE in CWM if coming from another ROM!
    If coming from any previous version of this ROM, full wipe/cache wipe shouldn't be necessary.
    Then, flash in this order:
    1. ROM
    2. Gapps
    3. Kernel modules (optional)
    without rebooting between flashes.

Additional info:
    To get 3G working, make sure you have the right APN with the right settings for your network provider selected.
    For the most part this is autodetected but sometimes it's not detected properly.

Kernel modules are optional. If you want support for things like nfs, ps3 controllers etc... flash this. You will have to do the modprobing yourself (in a terminal window: first get root access with su, then modprobe <modulename-without-.ko>)
    cifs.ko, ntfs.ko and tun.ko got moved into the ROM, no need for modules zip if you just want those.

To get your Tab to show up on your computer when connected via USB, goto Settings -> Storage -> click the three dots in the upper-right corner. Enable MTP or PTP.

Looking for a changelog? There's no changelog in the traditional sense but the latest merged changes can be seen here: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged branch:ics,n,z (ignore all android_kernel_* and android_device_* projects) & https://github.com/pershoot/

Don't flash the kernel from Pershoots thread on this ROM. The latest kernel is included in this ROM already. The one in Pershoots thread is for Honeycomb.

Bandwidth kindly provided by my friend snapcase. Thanks man :)

Download (latest):
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-032512-maba.zip - 121 MB (MD5: coming)
    • Requires CWM recovery from here (flash in Odin via "PDA" button). Thread by pershoot here
    • Refreshed CM sources, with new official boot animation :)
    • WiFi fixed, FOR REAL this time ;) Pershoot has worked very hard on it, please thank him! WiFi Direct not working though at the moment.
    • Fewer graphical glitches (opening recent apps on home launcher still glitches)
    • Voice search fix is now obsolete; upgrade gapps to a newer version instead
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-032512-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: coming)
    • Modules will be installed to /system/lib/modules, this will make modprobe find them properly

Gapps:
    Download gapps from here
    Download one of the newer gapps from that page (one of the gapps-ics-2012* files).
    If doing an upgrade from an earlier version of gapps, be aware that upgrading gapps can make your tab unbootable. In this case you have to wipe data!
    Remember to make a backup before upgrading gapps just in case!

Youtube:
    Download Youtube 3.5.* from here

Download (old):
    Voice Search fix: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-maba-voicesearch-fix.zip - 1.5 MB (MD5: b18cc6de1d35043ab671d26082d48992)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-030512-maba.zip - 117 MB (MD5: e2dc5369cecba1d3d8296730572f90aa)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-030512-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: e7dd5fb3ef50cfca4864aa55ab7eb184)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-022112-maba.zip - 119 MB (MD5: 1d70f3781ce08c79c7e61c518a581b6a)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-022112-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: 454e1e5d6c667142358625b2a2cee70d)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-020712-maba.zip - 118.4 MB (MD5: 59323d3091392696a0d30c43136b924c)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012912-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: 5c5c3f5d1ed178f7b11b4fc2fac9995a)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012912-maba.zip - 118.3 MB
    Torrent: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012912-maba.torrent (includes both ROM and modules flashable zips)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012512-maba.zip - 107.3 MB (mirror)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012512-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 8.9 MB (mirror)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012412-maba.zip - 107.7 MB

Enjoy!
    New build in first post.
    Have an update comin this wknd. Swapped out wifi driver with mostly google's latest implementation. This will have wifi direct working.

This 'should' also hopefully help the phantom bootloop stuff.

Will post some experimental builds this wknd.
    here's a build i ran, just to ensure things are in place for 7500.

unofficial
    http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4/
    (update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-p4-KANG-signed.zip)

use the supplied recovery (odin: recovery.tar.md5)

everything you need to build is on my github.

most stuff in/outside has been submitted, pending review, in to mainline, excluding the p4 device tree, which will be created at some point.
    New build uploaded. Changes are minor, some memory tweaks and transition effects in Trebuchet. I've also built kernel modules for those of you who get turned on by stuff like that. :p

First post updated with links and relevant info.